Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

aeroFS - Free Private File Syncing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

aeroFS - Free Private File Syncing

FFFlipFFFlip Member
edited March 2013 in General

Just got my invite through for this and it's pretty nice, anyone else using it?

https://www.aerofs.com

Comments

• invite me please :)

• FFFlipFFFlip Member
    edited March 2013

PM an email and I'll happily do so (that goes for anyone else but please understand I'll get to them as fast as I can).

• FFFlipFFFlip Member
    edited March 2013

Right, I've decided I'll do max 20 - anyone invited has to share the love and invite others, OK? Invites are unlimited but have to be done from the app.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited March 2013

EDIT My bad, I have installed 2 different accounts...

• Working for me.

• Invite me plz.

• PM sent :)

• @Noerman PM mate!

• I've been used it for a while but was long time ago. It works but quite buggy and consumes a lot of resources. Not sure if there is significant improvement or not.

• @CoolMoon said: I've been used it for a while but was long time ago. It works but quite buggy and consumes a lot of resources. Not sure if there is significant improvement or not.

Looks a bit useless :S

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between this and an rsync on a cronjob... but I can't quite seem to figure it out. Can anyone enlighten me?

• @joepie91: You can't exactly run rsync and a cron job from an Android phone, nor can you do it as soon as a file is uploaded (well you can't but it'll take more than a cronjob and rsync).

Not to mention that it'd be kind of a pain in the ass to manage multiple hosts at once across operating systems - does the person uploading the file upload it to everyone? What happens if it's saved from one sync to another?

There's a bit more involved.

• PM sent.Thanks

• vagaavagaa Member

invite me please :)

• correct me if i am wrong, the only difference between this one and gdrive/dropbox/box etc is that this one encrypts the file transfer and offers unlimited space. So where is the catch?

• @cayocagi said: correct me if i am wrong, the only difference between this one and gdrive/dropbox/box etc is that this one encrypts the file transfer and offers unlimited space. So where is the catch?

Your files are stored directly on the PC/server you want it to stored at rather than at some third party servers (unless you choose to share the file), that way it is more secure than DB/GDrive.

• @zhuanyi said: on the PC/server you want it to stored

Sorry I haven't read enough... so, this is a self hosted solution? Kinda crashplan?

• Invite please :)

• @FFFlip said: PM an email and I'll happily do so (that goes for anyone else but please understand I'll get to them as fast as I can).

Is that really so hard to understand? Everyone that PM'd an email has been invited.

• @yomero said: so, this is a self hosted solution? Kinda crashplan?

Yes, Crashplan without Crashplan central :) Except you can access the individual files at any time as they are in a folder on each one of the computer synced.

So it is more like the personal "cloud" dropbox haha :)

• OllieOllie Member

Please can someone invite me to this, it would be greatly appreciated.

• @Ollie said: Please can someone invite me to this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Can't people read?

• ReeRee Member

Works great. Hopefully they allow for syncing arbitrary folders soon though -- I have data spread out across multiple drives that I want to sync, and I don't want to have to move it all under the AeroFS folder to do it.

• @Ree said: allow for syncing arbitrary folders soon though

Only whatever you dump into the AeroFS folder I think, but you can use symbolic link to link up other folder to this AeroFS folder.

• Can anyone send my also a invite for AeroFS, it will be very very nice.
    Thank you

• Invite me plz.

• Looks interesting!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

Do I understand it correct if the only way to run your own server is to use the business plan?
    What clients can it be used on?
    Ios, android, win and linux?

• @MikHo said: Do I understand it correct if the only way to run your own server is to use the business plan?

What clients can it be used on?
    Ios, android, win and linux?

There is no "server"....it is just from one folder to another...more or less like private P2P?

• BogdacutuuBogdacutuu Member
    edited March 2013

I can invite people too, PM me an email address!