Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review my Site
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review my Site

I would like you to Review my site, I am still updating it and will be making some functionality changes, as well as include some different addons to make it a better forum.

http://hosthoney.com

Thank you

Comments

• EdgeWebEdgeWeb Member
    edited July 2016

Threads like this seem a little odd. What's this a forum for again?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • According to the site, it's the #1 Independent Forum for Web Hosting Reviews, and Web Hosting Offers! There are a whopping 2 members registered though.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Just not enough action going on. Need to find a way to get some active users on there posting :P

I think the design is fine for a forum

Thanked by 1HostHoney
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2016

@EdgeWeb said:
    Threads like this seem a little odd. What's this a forum for again?

Kidnappings, shilling, and scams /sarcasm idk

Thanked by 1GCat
  • edited July 2016

@rajprakash said:
    According to the site, it's the #1 Independent Forum for Web Hosting Reviews, and Web Hosting Offers! There are a whopping 2 members registered though.

I does not take much to make that statement.

How many independent hosting forums do you know?
    Please don't state LET.

• When are you planning to go full schizo ?

• I got permission to Post this, I am not in any way trying to spam, or solicit just asking for reviews of the forum and asking what may help the actual forum to be more inviting.

• As for the Statement #1 independent forum, Most forums are owned, or have very specific advertising for the company who hosts/powers the site. Yes I would like more traffic, and users but it takes time to build a forum especially when you have no clients to have join. I can buy a forum and combine it but that would be too easy than to build a forum from the ground up.

• rokokrokok Member

Kids love new site on LET :)

• @globalRegisters said:

@rajprakash said:
    According to the site, it's the #1 Independent Forum for Web Hosting Reviews, and Web Hosting Offers! There are a whopping 2 members registered though.

I does not take much to make that statement.

How many independent hosting forums do you know?
    Please don't state LET.

I Removed #1 from the statement. Since there are only two members, Tat would be more accurate than the #1 infront of it.

• AmitzAmitz Member

See, it's not that I did not warn you. But, to be honest - I was not aware that you are looking for feedback on your forum. I thought it was about your website.

Thanked by 2zafouhar GCat
  • So you decided hosting was no fun and thought to start a forum?

What's next, are you going to delete the forum and start the next ebay?

• @Amitz said:
    See, it's not that I did not warn you. But, to be honest - I was not aware that you are looking for feedback on your forum. I thought it was about your website.

I understand, as stated I am just looking to know what design changes I can make to make it a better place for people to want to go. I am not asking for anyone to signup and no one has.

• @Amitz said:

The forum is his site :p

Thanked by 1HostHoney
  • HostHoneyHostHoney Member
    edited July 2016

@zafouhar said:
    So you decided hosting was no fun and thought to start a forum?

What's next, are you going to delete the forum and start the next ebay?

Actually, I love the Hosting, But I was not getting enough from it to cover the cost. So I decided to give my customers away to a trusted company. And start a Forum.

Although I have previously sold on ebay I stopped because I had too many buyers scam me. Plus the ebay fees and paypal fees piled up and the profit margin was getting much too slim.

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited July 2016

Is it xenforo? Is it legit?

I guess you have bought footer removal fee then.

I love this part:

We are giving away a MacBook Air, All you have to do is Refer 10 Uesrs, and make 100 posts and 20 Threads.

This Contest will run for 6 Months. Our Goal is to get 1000 Users with 10,000 Posts, and 2000 Threads. If you can complete the Task We will pull referral reports, and look at your post counts at the end of the contest period, we will then contact you about where to send your MacBook.

The Contest Starts 07/01/2016 and ends 01/01/2017
    There is no Purchase necessary, just join us and help build our Hive.
    So Start Posting!

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • RapidDediRapidDedi Member, Patron Provider

Get your self some members, maybe start with hiring some posters to bring the forum alive, work on the design because it doesn't look very nice, get your self a better logo.

• I am working on the design I have some one right now helping me with customization and such. I will also look at the logo and see if someone can design a better looking one. I designed that one myself and I am not the best at Photoshop.

• @Fritz said:
    Is it xenforo? Is it legit?

I guess you have bought footer removal fee then.

I love this part:

We are giving away a MacBook Air, All you have to do is Refer 10 Uesrs, and make 100 posts and 20 Threads.

This Contest will run for 6 Months. Our Goal is to get 1000 Users with 10,000 Posts, and 2000 Threads. If you can complete the Task We will pull referral reports, and look at your post counts at the end of the contest period, we will then contact you about where to send your MacBook.

The Contest Starts 07/01/2016 and ends 01/01/2017
    There is no Purchase necessary, just join us and help build our Hive.
    So Start Posting!

A good way to get people started is to give stuff away who doesn't want a laptop specifically a MacBook? There is no cost to enter all your doing is posting, plenty of sites have done similar give always to stir up activity.

• Definitely not digging the font.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • PandyPandy Member

That didnt take long, already down.

i guess someone didnt like it

• My network Provider is having issues. Not sure what is going on.

• rokokrokok Member

Welcome to LET, thats normal when you share a "website link"

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @rokok said:
    Welcome to LET, thats normal when you share a "website link"

Cloud flare should protect the site from attacks atleast a little bit.

• LeeLee Veteran

HostHoney said: My network Provider is having issues. Not sure what is going on.

I would leave it down to be honest.

• FritzFritz Veteran

@HostHoney

Are you talking to yourself there?
    You have the same writing style.

• Thank you for this link, very interesting, though reading that it ust explains that you can get a domain direct ip from a database. It doesnt state that it isnt a cdn or help with the site page loads. etc.

• @Lee said:

HostHoney said: My network Provider is having issues. Not sure what is going on.

I would leave it down to be honest.

Why leave it down, I know I can build a successful specialized web hosting forum. I am not in a hurry to build it, I am just wanting to build it, I am not making any money from it just love what I do.