Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi flash sale ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi flash sale ?

Comments

• @mtsbatalha said:
    I'm sorry how you have take the setup fee for free?

It was free before an hour with this link when i ordered https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=162sk2 so i was able to get my order without setup fee and no VAT.

But now for new orders there is a setup fee.

• sinsin Member

WebGuru said: I guess OVH delete inactive clients data?

I have active services with them and still had to validate a 2nd time awhile back. I validated my account a 2nd time and they said my account had been flagged because I refreshed the order page 20 times and they asked me why lol. This was during their big BHS outtage and the order page kept giving me errors when I was trying to order.

• I've made a HUGE mistake.
    Should have placed 3 separate orders.

Guess I can just ignore the invoice and Kimsufi won't mind.

• ardaarda Member
    edited June 2016

I have an account from other region but when I try to order it just won't let me login.

• FredQcFredQc Member

@arda said:
    I have an account from other region but when I try to order it just won't let me login.

It works for me with my "Quebec / Canada" account.

Thanked by 1arda
  • ardaarda Member

@FredQc said:

@arda said:

Which link have you used to order ?

• FredQcFredQc Member

@arda said:

@FredQc said:

@arda said:

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=162sk2

Thanked by 1arda
  • ardaarda Member
    edited June 2016

@FredQc said:

@arda said:

@FredQc said:

@arda said:

Thank you.

The link given above just doesn't let me login when ordering, neither for control panel.

The weirder stuff is I can login to control panel when I click from http://www.kimsufi.com/us/en :-/

• FredQcFredQc Member

@arda said:

@FredQc said:

@arda said:

@FredQc said:

@arda said:

Thank you.

The link given above just doesn't let me login when ordering, neither for control panel.

The weirder stuff is I can login to control panel when I click from www.kimsufi.com/us/en :-/

Maybe they don't want US accounts to order ;-)

Thanked by 1arda
  • ardaarda Member

@FredQc said:

@arda said:

@FredQc said:

@arda said:

@FredQc said:

@arda said:

Thank you.

The weirder stuff is I can login to control panel when I click from www.kimsufi.com/us/en :-/

Maybe they don't want US accounts to order ;-)

I guessed so, but to validate, I had to make a phone call to Canadian phone line, that's why I re-tried when you mentioned "Canada" :)

• I dont see a way to remove the VAT...... used to be abel to order from IE but it looks like its locked to FR which automatically charges VAT lol

• TinkuTinku Member

I need suggestion is this 2 cores 1.8 Ghz Atom processor tell if its a good replacement for my KVM VPS with a single 3+Ghz dedicated core? That one is currently able to handle 2/3 of wordpress sites with 5000+ daily visitors.

• FredQcFredQc Member

@Tinku said:
    I need suggestion is this 2 cores 1.8 Ghz Atom processor tell if its a good replacement for my KVM VPS with a single 3+Ghz dedicated core? That one is currently able to handle 2/3 of wordpress sites with 5000+ daily visitors.

I would stick with that KVM.

• dailydaily Member

@Tinku said:

That isn't very much load if any at all to either of those, so stick with what you're good with. What would be more important is other factors like scaleability and redundancy in your case. Assuming these sites make revenue, maybe picking up another KVM or perhaps the Kimsufi box would be good to put a mirror/backup on.

• TinkuTinku Member

Paid them before 5 days and finished the whole verification process once again but all i am seeing is:

You don't seem to have any servers but you can purchase one here.

If you encounter any errors, you can contact the support team via the forum.

You have orders in progress:

The order is being processed.

I had a verified Kimsufi/OVH account before but still they asked me to verify and i did it on the same day and verification was confirmed but still this much delay? I called their US office and the excuse i heard from them was "maybe you signed up from a different country extension of ovh before thats why another verification".

So basically there is no central database thingy in OVH? all are separate country database? is it means ie, uk, us, eu all need separate verification?

I hope this delay isn't because they sold all the dedis already and i was last in the line!

• Is there anyone interested to trade KS-4C (flash sale price) for KS-2E (flash sale price)? I got a KS-2E delivered today expiring on 3rd August but i need more processor so KS-2E is just not good enough for me because storage isn't what i need at the moment. So if there is anyone interested in the trade please pm me. Thanks

• ardaarda Member
    edited July 2016

Tinku said: I called their US office and the excuse i heard from them was "maybe you signed up from a different country extension of ovh before thats why another verification".

Aha, then I guess this is the reason I could not purchase during the flash sale in the first place.

I have a US (rest of the world) account which I pay with USD for my bills, and I have a kimsufi box there, but during the flash sale, I could not even login to puchase from them.

I think this confirms they don't have a central database and I guess I need to re-create and re-validate myself for EU region purchases.

• eloftyelofty Member

Its annoying that the offer is showing and says order but the link doesnt work :(

http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/servers.xml

• HaxHax Member

@elofty said:
    Its annoying that the offer is showing and says order but the link doesnt work :(

It's sold out.

• eloftyelofty Member
    edited July 2016

@Sixell said:

@elofty said:

It's sold out.

Could they not just say that then? instead of the frustrating order link to nowhere :(

• DormeoDormeo Member

close this topic please :)

• TinkuTinku Member

I heard the next sale was delayed by 2 weeks but can't find any news/announcement mentioning the new date on their site like before

• FalzoFalzo Member

it's kimsufi, maybe they only said something about postponed and then are not doing it at all... best chance probably is to keep an eye on their twitter accounts.

• TinkuTinku Member

@Falzo said:
    it's kimsufi, maybe they only said something about postponed and then are not doing it at all... best chance probably is to keep an eye on their twitter accounts.

Thats true but they had these announcements before and the date was mentioned on their UK site for last 2 sales but it's removed after being postponed.

• Any word on Dedibox limited ? There wasn't a single one since February 25th ;(

• @Spacedust said:
    Any word on Dedibox limited ? There wasn't a single one since February 25th ;(

Different company.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2016

IThinkUFailed said: Different company.

Spacedust just wanted to mention Online.net again... ;-)

• @Amitz said:

IThinkUFailed said: Different company.

Spacedust just wanted to mention Online.net again... ;-)

Yeah I checked his history after I posted.

Partially wonder if its a sales tactic now haha.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member

IThinkUFailed said: Partially wonder if its a sales tactic now haha.

I always thought that he is a paid online.net shill. But there is absolutely no proof for it, so we have to accept him being very interested and passionate about online.net. There are worse passions in life, so... ;-)