Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry for Ripping sites - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sorry for Ripping sites

Comments

• @bobinfo said: This thread is soooo funny.

It is, because individuals like you with no concept, understanding, or grasp of basic comprehension wander in like a blind guide dog.

@bobinfo said: 100+ hours or work

Where did I state VMPort's design was 100+ hours? Show me where I specifically stated VMPort's design was 100+ hours. Go put what you see as "funny," and what I see as just another "clown with a keyboard on the internet" to good use and show me.

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited December 2011

@Joel said: Where did I state VMPort's design was 100+ hours?

@Joel said: ...if you spend 100+ hours building a website template...

We're discussing VMPort's design having been ripped (primarily). You stated something about a design which took 100+ hours as an argument related to the ripping of VMPort's design. Thus either your argument holds no water, so to speak, or you implied their design took 100+ hours.

@Joel said: It is, because individuals like you with no concept, understanding, or grasp of basic comprehension wander in like a blind guide dog.

Weren't you the one calling me "desensitized" and "rude" just the other day? Hmm.

• @Joel said: It is, because individuals like you with no concept, understanding, or grasp of basic comprehension wander in like a blind guide dog.

Sure. It's sooo difficult to understand that a kid did copy a few crappy designs & that VMport who did the same with Buyvm site before was not happy.

@Joel said: Where did I state VMPort's design was 100+ hours? Show me where I specifically stated VMPort's design was 100+ hours. Go put what you see as "funny," and what I see as just another "clown with a keyboard on the internet" to good use and show me.

I don't care who said that, somebody spoke about a 100+ hours design, that's all.

To me those designs are pretty crappy & even if they weren't why did the guys who build their business on free software (ie make money on free software) (exept solusvm & whmcs) didn't release their design under the GPL or BSD license?

:D

Come on, nobody's been hurt, no business has been hurt. They sell VPS, not crappy templates.

• @bobinfo said: I don't care who said that, somebody spoke about a 100+ hours design, that's all.

Either get your facts straight or don't comment otherwise you contribute nothing but crap as evident by you above. It's good to see when you're wrong you just go stick your head in the sand.

@bobinfo said: why did the guys who build their business on free software (ie make money on free software) (exept solusvm & whmcs) didn't release their design under the GPL or BSD license?

Free software != GPL. As long as keyboards are still cheap clowns like you will keep fuelling this confusion whereby everyone thinks free software = GPL, which is NOT the case.

For someone with the word "info" in their name you're not doing a very good job of it.

• @DimeCadmium said: We're discussing VMPort's design having been ripped (primarily). You stated something about a design

Nice selective quoting, here's the full quote:

@Joel said: So @gsrdgrdghd, you have no issue if you spend 100+ hours building a website template and somebody just comes across and "copies" it.

There is nothing to indicate VMPort's design took 100+ hours. It was a question asking if @gsrdgrdghd spent 100+ hours on a design if he would have an issue if someone copied it. Which clearly has been misread by the genius 2 posts above.

• @Joel said: There is nothing to indicate VMPort's design took 100+ hours. It was a question asking if @gsrdgrdghd spent 100+ hours on a design if he would have an issue if someone copied it.

Well first of all i don't do designs, when i need a design for a website i just use a free one (but not a ripped one).
    But when i spend many hours on coding something i actually release the sourcecode of it so other people can benefit from my work too. When i make a website i don't put ads or anything to pay, it's just for fun and i don't care if anyone uses my script to make a competative website.

• @Joel said: Which clearly has been misread by the genius 2 posts above.

Not missed really, as it was about the same kind of design - anyways, who cares?

@Joel said:

Free software != GPL. As long as keyboards are still cheap clowns like you will keep fuelling this confusion whereby everyone thinks free software = GPL, which is NOT the case.

For someone with the word "info" in their name you're not doing a very good job of it.

LOL

GPL is not free enough for you? Would you mind defining what you mean by 'free (as freedom) software'? BSD is fine or still too restrictive?

• @Joel said: Nice selective quoting, here's the full quote:

It's that time of the month for you, eh?
    Give it a rest...

• @Joel said: Free software != GPL.

Try again.

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html go research some.

@Joel said: There is nothing to indicate VMPort's design took 100+ hours. It was a question asking if @gsrdgrdghd spent 100+ hours on a design if he would have an issue if someone copied it.

Correct. Why is that question at all relevant unless you were referring to one of the designs which had been ripped? So again, either your argument holds no water, or you were referring to VMPort's design.

I look forward to seeing how you weasel and lie your way out of this one. Perhaps by calling me names? :)

• JoelJoel Member
    edited December 2011

The more you post, the more it confirms you have no idea what you are discussing.

@DimeCadmium said: Try again.

Try what again? Free Software != GPL. Is that so hard for you to understand? Good work on posting a link though, that is completely pointless to the point I made....

Here it is again for you... Free Software != GPL
    GPL is merely a license, however it's clear you haven't read the link you posted, you didn't even read beyond the first few paragraphs....

When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs, and that you know you can do these things.

@DimeCadmium said: Why is that question at all relevant

Perfectly relevant, I want to know if it's a case of "it's not my work being ripped so I don't care" which is an ongoing theme with people until their work is ripped.

@DimeCadmium said: So again, either your argument holds no water, or you were referring to VMPort's design.

Well, considering it's a question and not an argument once again you show you're off the mark.

@DimeCadmium said: Perhaps by calling me names? :)

It has been established you're an idiot a while ago, why you feel the compelling need for me to remind you of this frequently is beyond me. I appreciate the opportunity nonetheless.

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited December 2011

Screw it, not even gonna bother trying to reason with this guy.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited February 2012

xprotocept

Here is a list of the sites on LEB i have Ripped:URPad

You wouldn't be the first. I just checked CopyScape again today and it appears there is around 5 new providers using our old design. Already had to send about 25-30 different DMCA notices over the last couple months.

• Why have people been bringing these super old discussions back?

• @Naruto said: Why have people been bringing these super old discussions back?

Probably because he went on ripping sites
    http://scriptmafia.org/user/xprip/news/

• I don't understand this guy. What does he get for ripping sites?

• @Christian said: I don't understand this guy. What does he get for ripping sites?

Supposedly money, but he is an idiot...

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Christian said: I don't understand this guy. What does he get for ripping sites?

He thinks he can make a ton of money using adf.ly links

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

What he needs is a punch..

Thanked by 2yomero DeletedUser
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2012

He's still around on LEB also.

• @KuJoe said: He's still around on LEB also.

I am pretty sure that he has been reincarnated as Naruto.

Thanked by 2yomero Steve81
  • @dclardy You should stop that. Are you any better bringing that up?

@xprotocept, however, I have no sympathy for.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited February 2012

@dclardy said: I am pretty sure that he has been reincarnated as Naruto.

It seems

@Zetta said: You should stop that. Are you any better bringing that up?

Since this as evolved on a new spam post, who cares?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2012

He had the nerve to go to our latest LEB promotion and point out we were using a ThemeForest template, the cheek of the boy.

He's half of the reason we don't pay hundreds/thousands for a unique design :P

• I'm going to take a controversial position and say that I don't see the big deal. How did you (people in general) learn HTML? If someone is making exact 1:1 copies of your site with a different name tacked on, then do what you feel you need to do, but the act itself of copying your site HTML, who cares? My browser does that when I visit your site anyway. ;)

The internet only exists because of open standards. Issuing DMCA take down notices would make me actively not want to use a provider. I mean, you all advertise on your sites that your service is powered by GNU/Linux, right? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@VMPort said: He had the nerve to go to our latest LEB promotion and point out we were using a ThemeForest template, the cheek of the boy.

Are you sure it was him.. I doubt he would come back.

• @Soylent said: How did you (people in general) learn HTML?

I actually never bothered with "learning" HTML/CSS/JS.
    But if you look at the beginning of this thread you will see that he apologized to the providers and how he is ripping their pages again.
    In theory you have a point though, but the fact that he is trying to make money from other peoples designs (he said that he only does it to make money with adf.ly links) make his position completly intolerable.

• @Soylent The issue is that many providers either put a good deal of their own time or budget into presenting themselves. Use of that work without permission is theft, plain and simple.

• Watermark EVERYTHING.

• @Aldryic said: Use of that work without permission is theft, plain and simple.

Its not theft, its copying.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2012

Taking a template and distributing it is a whole different thing, in fact if a host ripped and used our template i would be flattered.

Its just the fact that we spend time + money, regardless of the amount, on getting these sites together and then he releases them to Scriptmafia for free.

Scriptmafia been a highly ranked page and therefore, like in our case, upon searching our name there are stacks of "Ripped Website, Nulled" etc posts on the first page. It doesn't look good for business.