Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zappie Host "free" vps for sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zappie Host "free" vps for sale

2 months ago I won a free VPS with Zappie hosting (http://zappiehost.com)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/80123/zappie-host-new-location-free-give-away-competition/p1

The TOS was recently changed and is now disallowing me from hosting my game server here.

Looking for someone who wants it.

It is the Medium VPS in any of their locations.

Time remaining on the free period: 9 months

Specs:

1GB ram

2 CPU Cores

50 GB HDD

200GB/month (NZ) or 400 GB/month (ZA) or 600 GB/month (India)

100mbit/s

This would normally set you back $63 ( $7 x 9), looking for offers. Can go cheaply.

Comments

• $1

• edited June 2016

$5*

• $7

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sure they'll let you transfer a freebie?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    $7

Nop $9 USD

• @theroyalstudent said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    $7

Nop $9 USD

$10

• edited June 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    $7

Nop $9 USD

$10

$11, or 5million Zimbabwe dolla, whichever is the most.

(you know I'm kidding rn right)

• @theroyalstudent said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    $7

Nop $9 USD

$10

You win. I don't think 5m Zimbabwe dollars worth a lot., at least not this generation.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    $7

Nop $9 USD

$10

You win. I don't think 5m Zimbabwe dollars worth a lot., at least not this generation.

I'm trolling. $11 still, though (though $10.50 would be nice too). 5m Zimbabwe seems to be quite little... provided:

Zimbabweans will start exchanging “quadrillions” of local dollars for a few US dollars

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited June 2016

@Nekki said:
    Sure they'll let you transfer a freebie?

From the ticket I sent about it:

To answer your question, yes a ticket in place and let us know what the email of the new owner and we will be more than happy to transfer the remaining ownership to another account.

Thanked by 1jrishabh55
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited June 2016

Heh, no need to buy one of these since I also won the server jellybean contest :p

You can win it, I guess?

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Heh, no need to buy one of these since I also won the server jellybean contest :p

So the point is?

• You guys are too damn cheap, bid some higher (fun fact: that 5 million zimbabwe dollars is approx 12k euros)

Then again, it's a freebie i got and have no use for anymore, so it'll go to the highest bidder on monday, 27th june at 23:59 local time (GMT+2) (about 51 hours remaining)

So far, @theroyalstudent is in the lead with $11.

• Got a request for test ips, so here's the official LGs for Zappie:

http://lg-nz.zappiehost.com/

http://lg-za.zappiehost.com/

http://lg-in.zappiehost.com/

• @teamacc said:
    You guys are too damn cheap, bid some higher (fun fact: that 5 million zimbabwe dollars is approx 12k euros)

Then again, it's a freebie i got and have no use for anymore, so it'll go to the highest bidder on monday, 27th june at 23:59 local time (GMT+2) (about 51 hours remaining)

So far, @theroyalstudent is in the lead with $11.

Well, they change their currency once every few months but the name is still the same. It may worth some money today, a month later it would be back to $5usd again.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

£1 it's worth about the same atm

• I just read up about the Zimbabwe dollar on wikipedia, seems it's been demonetized entirely.

Anyway, bids are at $11 (us dollars)

• @hawc said:
    £1 it's worth about the same atm

I'm only buying because I can probably resell this to clients at half the value + get paid extra for admin work. Indian location is perfect.

• edited June 2016

@teamacc, can you provide me with benchmark for this VPS? UNIXBench and FreeVPS. Client is interested to move over from DO India, since I'm offering this + free sysadmin service for cheap. A little uncertain on performance, but otherwise we're ready to go!

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited June 2016

Just spotted this thread. I have an upcoming project that could use the low latency to the target audience in India.

So, 12USD or 4340 Zimbabwean Dollars in case this auction is still open.

• Just sent a ticket to the host to unsuspend the vps so i can run the benchmark. Will update the topic when done.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

$15

• 16.50 USD / 5,971.35 ZWD

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited June 2016

Haha, 18 USD / 6514.2 ZWD

But yeah, some benchmarks would be nice!

• 20USD / 7,238.00 ZWD

my final. @K4Y5 if you can beat this, then it's okay, i don't have much cash to spare right now (zzz paypal balance on the way back to my bank account)

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@theroyalstudent I'll wait for the benchmarks before I post another bid. Until then, you're in the lead.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @K4Y5 said:
    @theroyalstudent I'll wait for the benchmarks before I post another bid. Until then, you're in the lead.

you're making my profit margin shrink man :P

intended to resell this for $25, with free setup and sysadmin tasks... facepalm

guess who's gonna make $5 from sysadmin tasks.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@theroyalstudent said:

@K4Y5 said:

Stahp! Else you're going to make me cry.

• @K4Y5 said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@K4Y5 said:

Stahp! Else you're going to make me cry.

comtinue with the gifs thanks

offering sysadmin tasks because i want free money while gaining more knowledge lmao