Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brazil VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Brazil VPS

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
edited June 2016 in Requests

Hi All,

Any suggestions in regards to a Cheap (LEB or less) reliable VPS in Brazil? Looking for to add a South American PoP to our Monitoring Platform.

Ideally (at-least):

0.5 Core
512MB Ram
500GB Bandwidth
5GB Disk
KVM
**Stable Network**
$5/month

Minimum:

0.5 Core
256MB Ram
250GB Bandwidth (currently using only ~70GB out&in at constant ~0.2mbps each way)
5GB Disk
**Stable Network**
$10/month

Company must have been in business for at-least 1-year, or be backed by big Corp. Willing to pay Quaterly - Annually depending on respectability of company (as long as company is around, and stable this will VPS exist).

Also interested in Argentina, Mexico or another South American PoP.

Comments

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

try Host1Plus

• SplitIce said: reliable VPS in Brazil?

Reliable is the hard part. We've tried dozens of providers in Brazil and Amazon is the most reliable.

If you want to go a bit further south, we know of a reliable host in Argentina - wnpower.com

Thanked by 2SplitIce vimalware
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

@RIYAD said:
    try Host1Plus

I have heard mixed reviews about this provider. Were they good for you?

edited June 2016

@RIYAD said:
    try Host1Plus

I have heard mixed reviews about this provider. Where they good for you?

Amazon

@NodePing Bandwidth would quickly add up there.

Argentina is an option. But that host looks a bit out what Id like to be spending.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Its cheap that why !

I tried them long time before and it was working good

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

https://www.baehost.com/en-int/vps-argentina/ is in Argentina, however might be a little out of your budget.

• SplitIce said: Cheap (LEB or less) reliable VPS

We had multiple outages a day with Host1Plus when we tested them.

Cheap and reliable doesn't exist in South America yet... at least none I've found. If you find one, please let us know in this thread.

• jimaekjimaek Member

https://www.cloud.net/ + 50OFFNET coupon will give you 2 locations in Brazil for $6 for 1 year.

Thanked by 2SplitIce prowlersgg

@jimaek, they have quite a few remote locations. Hmm.

• Argentina is an option. But that host looks a bit out what Id like to be spending.

If you want quality and a big port be prepared to put serious $

• lbftlbft Member

Amazon EC2 has a Brazil location, and assuming your 70GB of bandwidth usage is roughly evenly up/down and you were willing to pay in advance for a reserved instance, it'd work out <$15/mo.

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • @jimaek said:
    https://www.cloud.net/ + 50OFFNET coupon will give you 2 locations in Brazil for $6 for 1 year.

Be sure to check their traffic limits. They are insanely low. (12.5gb/month on the 6usd/month package...)

• lbftlbft Member
    edited June 2016

Also, EDIS has KVM VPSes in Chile, but the lowest one doesn't meet your disk space requirements so you'd be looking more at the €10.49 plan than the €6.99 one.

• ntorgantorga Member

I'm Brazilian, rs. You could try RedeHost, Dualtec, IDC19, Webinhost or Mandic, but In my opinion, Brazil has a poor IT background, so the most reliable would be Amazon.

I could offer you a VMware cloud on Equinix SP2, but since its not my core business, I don't have a link to send. If you want even so, PM me.

@ntorga, damn 2GB hard drive. Not much room to manoeuvre there.

edited June 2016

@lbft said:
    Amazon EC2 has a Brazil location, and assuming your 70GB of bandwidth usage is roughly evenly up/down and you were willing to pay in advance for a reserved instance, it'd work out <$15/mo.

I ran it through the calculator as 150/150 and got back over $80 so perhaps I did something wrong. And yeah, almost exactly equal in/out.

Tried again and got: $ 33.75, not great.

edited June 2016

Host1Plus,

Err, no. I will not upload serious ID to an unknown company who doesn't even have a Privacy policy detailing retention of such data, or the reason for it.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

@SplitIce thanks for heads up as i was also looking at Host1Plus for a Brazil vps for my geo dns cluster :)

• edufeduf Member

softlayer or amazon

• lbftlbft Member
    edited June 2016

SplitIce said: I ran it through the calculator as 150/150

Yeah bandwidth costs kill it. You don't pay for inbound bandwidth but the outbound costs are 25 cents a GB, so it adds up very quickly.

As to the number I gave, I read your post as meaning you were using ~70GB combined up/down, so I halved it and worked on 35GB and then added a small safety margin on top for EBS and a few extra gigs of transfer.

edited June 2016

@lbft Its the same at a company I used to contract for. Their AWS bills where in the hundreds of thousands a month, for something that could have been done in-hose (or colo etc) with likely 5 or so servers (+ any redundancy).

For clarification, I am not only looking at Brazil. Anything South American that will connect through Miami or New York will work. Trying to monitor those routes.

I may need to look into reducing the bandwidth side I guess. Not really sure what the breakdown is. Until now I have always written off the ~150GB as being non consequential.

• lbftlbft Member

Even Miami itself can be a pain in the arse - everything cheap seems to be either very heavily or totally Cogent, which is unrepresentative of South and Central American traffic.

• ntorgantorga Member

@SplitIce said:
    @ntorga, damn 2GB hard drive. Not much room to manoeuvre there.

I didn't get it. I'm sorry, but where did you get the 2GB value? From SP2? SP2 is the DC ( Equinix Sao Paulo 2 ).

@ntorga Edis's base plan in Chile has "2 GB HDD now"

• joojajooja Member
    edited June 2016

http://www.uolhost.uol.com.br/uol-cloud-computing.html
    512 MB
    2 vCPU
    50 GB Storage
    2 Mb/s
    12 USD first month (14 USD after discount)

http://www.locaweb.com.br/cloud/cloud-server-pro/#precos
    512 MB
    2 vCPU
    1 TB
    10 GB Storage
    15 USD (no discount)

Im not sure if you can buy this outside brazil

• We offer currently Mexico location VPS:

https://www.qhoster.com/linux-vps.html

Speed tests:

http://lg-mx.qhoster.com

• @SplitIce said:
    @ntorga Edis's base plan in Chile has "2 GB HDD now"

Edis Chile is absolutely crap. A friend of mine had nothing but nightmares with them.
    I wrote them in Spanish ( to their dc tech) and they were in denial.

Not sure what's your budget but don't be cheap ( like host1p which diverts traffic to the US ( seen it myself)).
    Id tell you to pay premium in latam or go for the usual solid providers elsewhere

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2016

inthecloudblog said: I wrote them in Spanish ( to their dc tech) and they were in denial.

EDIS had no Spanish speaking staff since years now....

The DC is nice in general (power and cooling wise, also uplink availability) and i still enjoy working with them much.... packetloss happens mostly when your link is having capacity issues, either by shaping eg. by someone along the line not having enough CDR/commit for usage..... the iHosting website/IPs are rarely having loss, interesting, isn't it?

• Try www.opencloud.cl is very cheap and works fine

Thanked by 2SplitIce Nyr