Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU VPS with Voxility Protection?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU VPS with Voxility Protection?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi folks,

Any suggestions for EU VPS with Voxility Protection?

I'm looking for:

2 CPU
30GB space
1TB BW
1 IPv4 / 2 would be better since I have two websites to split per IP.

Budget: $7 per month! Or annually for $10 =D

Thanks,

Mr El Cheapo

Approved by @Nekki LLC, Pty, Saudi Arabia.

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@linuxthefish let me know when you're online, am checking dedistation for another vps!

Also, KVM would be preferable.

• sinsin Member
    edited June 2016

Trabia (formerly Hosteasy) which is Voxility + their own custom, 7 euro/month for kvm vps 2 cores, 1gb ram, 25gb SSD, Unmetered 100Mbps, in Moldova.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@sin said:
    Trabia (formerly Hosteasy) which is Voxility + their own custom, 7 euro/month for 2 cores, 1gb ram, 25gb SSD, Unmetered 100Mbps, in Moldova.

Never heard about them... Are they good? Is it KVM?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

@sin said:
    Trabia (formerly Hosteasy) which is Voxility + their own custom, 7 euro/month for 2 cores, 1gb ram, 25gb SSD, Unmetered 100Mbps, in Moldova.

Yeah, they are good, certainly better than LET average. KVM.

Thanked by 2MikePT trabia

@Nyr said:

@MrGeneral said:

@sin said:

Yeah, they are good, certainly better than LET average. KVM.

Interesting. Will check, thank you!

• sinsin Member

MrGeneral said: Never heard about them... Are they good? Is it KVM?

They've been around for quite some time apparently, I didn't know about them until I saw William's review and I picked up their cheapest 4 euro/month plan. I've been very happy with them so far, it's KVM and 3.6GHz core along with some fast disk speeds. I haven't had any downtime since I bought it 2 months ago and support has been excellent.

I think they have a one-time discount/promo code in the offer section right now.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@sin said:

They've been around for quite some time apparently, I didn't know about them until I saw William's review and I picked up their cheapest 4 euro/month plan. I've been very happy with them so far, it's KVM and 3.6GHz core along with some fast disk speeds. I haven't had any downtime since I bought it 2 months ago and support has been excellent.

I think they have a one-time discount/promo code in the offer section right now.

That's great, is it possible to upgrade afterwards?

I mean, if I order the 4EUR plan then want to order the 7EUR plan?

• IshaqIshaq Member

@MrGeneral said: @linuxthefish let me know when you're online, am checking dedistation for another vps!

His standard VPS line in UK is Zare who use Voxility mitigation.

• sinsin Member

MrGeneral said: mean, if I order the 4EUR plan then want to order the 7EUR plan?

Yup, there's an upgrade/downgrade option in their client area.

Thanked by 1trabia

@Ishaq said:

@MrGeneral said: @linuxthefish let me know when you're online, am checking dedistation for another vps!

His standard VPS line in UK is Zare who use Voxility mitigation.

Yeah, already ordered from him 2 days ago... Just ordered from Trabia to test.

@sin,

Interesting. They do state instant activation in the thread IIRC, but the VPS is still pending activation. Sent them a ticket since I'll need this today.

• sinsin Member

MrGeneral said: Interesting. They do state instant activation in the thread IIRC, but the VPS is still pending activation.

What thread? Their latest offer thread has "Virtual server are usually delivered within a couple of hours." and their website also says that instant delivery is for current customers.

I think it took around 3 to 4 hours for me to get my first one activated, I ordered late at night.

@sin said:

MrGeneral said: Interesting. They do state instant activation in the thread IIRC, but the VPS is still pending activation.

What thread? Their latest offer thread has "Virtual server are usually delivered within a couple of hours." and their website also says that instant delivery is for current customers.

I think it took around 3 to 4 hours for me to get my first one activated, I ordered late at night.

Got it, thought I read it somewhere, ooops!

Just called them, they're really nice.

• edited June 2016

@sin said:

Edit:
    Note to myself .dont post when you are on sleeping pille

( and yeah they are unmetered).

• you called them to speed up your 2 euro vps activation ? wow, not just cheap...

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited June 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    @linuxthefish let me know when you're online, am checking dedistation for another vps!

KVM is in the works, but right now everything is OpenVZ.

I've used hosteasy in the past for a few projects, highly recommended! Activation is manual.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited June 2016

There was a company offering voxility DDoS protection in Spain, forgot their name. Perhaps you should check them out and consider supporting your local economy.

edit: found the name - ginernet.

Also buyvm.net offers voxility ddos protection in Luxembourg.

Thanked by 2MikePT jmginer
  • bersybersy Member

rds100 said: edit: found the name - ginernet.

The first thing I remember about GinerNet is fairly low amount of traffic. Their LET AntiDDoS VPS comes with 1 vCPU, 10GB storage and 300GB BW.

Thanked by 2MikePT jmginer
  • rds100rds100 Member

@bersy 300GB is quite enough for most usage cases, i.e. no torrents.

Thanked by 2bersy jmginer
  • bersybersy Member
    edited June 2016

rds100 said: @bersy 300GB is quite enough for most usage cases, i.e. no torrents.

Yep, I'm aware of that, but the fact is OP's request involves 1-2TB BW.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • BradBrad Member
    edited June 2016

@bersy said:

rds100 said: @bersy 300GB is quite enough for most usage cases, i.e. no torrents.

Yep, I'm aware of that, but the fact is OP's request involves 1-2TB BW.

Majority of users do not hit anywhere close to that (1-2TB range) in my experience. Unless you are hosting some sort of file serving site, I highly doubt an average website will burn that amount of clean bandwidth.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I think @cociu mentioned he was getting Voxility soon.

• cociucociu Member

hawc said: I think @cociu mentioned he was getting Voxility soon.

in 2-5 days we will offer yes, Thanks for mention

Thanked by 1sin
  • MivoCloudMivoCloud Member, Host Rep

Do you need 30Gb SSD or HDD?

• trabiatrabia Member

@sin said:

MrGeneral said: mean, if I order the 4EUR plan then want to order the 7EUR plan?

Upgrades are possible at any time. However, downgrade is not due to the disk space that has to be shrinked. A downgrade would mean re-installation. However, we will change our virtualization system, in a couple of months, then downgrades should be possible too. But it certainly will remain KVM as virtualization technology.

• sinsin Member

@trabia said:

@sin said:

Upgrades are possible at any time. However, downgrade is not due to the disk space that has to be shrinked. A downgrade would mean re-installation. However, we will change our virtualization system, in a couple of months, then downgrades should be possible too. But it certainly will remain KVM as virtualization technology.

• trabiatrabia Member

@sin said:

Thank you for your nice words and all the recommendations!

I'm very glad that you enjoy the service and hope @MrGeneral will do too. :)

Cheers,
    Sven

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Servercow offers voxility protected servers

A new review about them https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/85161/server-cow-2016-version

Servers are located at https://meerfarbig.io/network/

just mail em for a custom quote

Thank you for your comments, folks.

Ordered from @trabia, but I need to fill a ticket, because...

root@bb6496:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 24.5237 s, 43.8 MB/s

The VPS itself isn't snappy as I thought it would be, so it's definitely time to send a ticket. :P

• cociucociu Member

MrGeneral said: 43.8 MB/

bffffffff pure ssd