Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel Core 2 Quad $29/month, Xeon x3360 $39/month Dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intel Core 2 Quad $29/month, Xeon x3360 $39/month Dedicated server

earlearl Member
edited March 2013 in General

Hey just saw this on WHT, It's from perfectip.

Core 2 Quad, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, 100Mbps Dedicated Unmetered - $29

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
4 GB RAM
500 GB Hard Drive
100 Mbps Dedicated Unmetered
$29.99/month
https://secure.perfectip.net/orderOption.php?productId=1032&langId=-1&catId=SPC

Intel Xeon X3360
8 GB RAM
500 GB Hard Drive
$39.99/month
https://secure.perfectip.net/orderOp...d=-1&catId=SPC

TO SEE OUR COMPLETE DEDICATED SERVER SPECIAL: http://www.perfectip.net/specials.php

Test IP: 74.222.30.85
Test file: http://74.222.30.85/test/100mbfile

Live chat: http://www.perfectip.net/contactUs.php
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1 213.291.1818 | +852 3077 0818

Best Regards,
Perfect International, Inc
www.perfectip.net

Passmark:

Intel Xeon X3360 @ 2.83GHz 4 Cores passmark score 4,163

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 4 Cores passmark score 2,966

Comments

• Really good deal!

• Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    500 GB Hard Drive
    $29.99/month

the link take me 39.99

and
    Intel Xeon X3360 like not working

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

@casper253 said: the link take me 39.99

and
    Intel Xeon X3360 like not working

Sorry about that, it's fixed now!

• earlearl Member

@Dragoon0309 said: Really good deal!

They are cheaper than Datashack now!

• I think @Damian had an issue with perfectip

• earlearl Member

@Spencer said: I think @Damian had an issue with perfectip

Yeah he was declined cause the IP he signed up with did not match his billing.. I think that's what it was.

• dnwkdnwk Member

Where is the DC?

• earlearl Member

@dnwk said: Where is the DC?

It's in Los Angeles registered to "perfect international"

https://ipdb.at/ip/74.222.30.85

• I'll give it a try and let you all know what I find.

• earlearl Member

@NodePing said: I'll give it a try and let you all know what I find.

Well I have one of their E3-1230 v2 server deal, overall they are ok! but only been with them about two weeks..

• No Ubuntu 12.04? My server came with 11.10, which was released in 2011...
    May be time to update your OS selections.

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013
  • earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

@NodePing said: No Ubuntu 12.04? My server came with 11.10

That's Odd on the order form it states ubuntu 12 and ubuntu 12 x64, wonder why they installed 11.10.

But you got your server provisioned in about 4 hours that is really good! it takes datashack/WII 2 days to provision and OVH took over a week to get my server up and running..

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

That is a good deal, but OVH is not available to all countries..

Also would have been a better deal if the processor has intel VT..

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

That is a good deal, but OVH is not available to all countries..

Also would have been a better deal if the processor has intel VT..

Well ... its 2G anyway but if you find me a VT dedicated below 10$ PLEASE pm me and will be more than glad to offer you commission :)

• @goexodus said: Well ... its 2G anyway but if you find me a VT dedicated below 10$

wait what? not gonna happen atm.

• nickvanwnickvanw Member
    edited March 2013

Nice!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2013

The price is EUR, so it's not "below $10", it's $12.95.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@earl I finally get E3-1230v2 server, it's brand new hardware. am I lucky? :D

• earlearl Member

@goexodus said: Well ... its 2G anyway but if you find me a VT dedicated below 10$ PLEASE pm me and will be more than glad to offer you commission :)

Actually I was just comparing this to the old kimsufi deal where you get 4gb of ram and 2tb HD I was just saying that it's too bad the E2800 does not have intel VT cause that would make up for the fact that this new deal only comes with 2GB of ram and 1 TB HD..

But your are right a intel VT enabled dedi for under $15 is still impossible to find!

• earlearl Member

@rm_ said: The price is EUR, so it's not "below $10", it's $12.95.

Yup it's 119 euro without VAT which converters to $155 USD so around $12/m is correct.. If you have to pay VAT then it raise the monthly cost to around $15.50/m.

• earlearl Member

@dearroy said: @earl I finally get E3-1230v2 server, it's brand new hardware. am I lucky? :D

Yes I think all the E3-1230 vs are all pretty new:)

So what do you think so far? they are not too bad right?

• Still no response from support about wrong version of Ubuntu being installed. That's not a good sign.
    Took a few 'do-release-upgrade' to get to 12.04.

Host seems pretty fast. I'll monitor it for a couple of weeks for network outages before I put anything important on it. So far, I like it OK.

• earlearl Member

@NodePing said: Still no response from support about wrong version of Ubuntu being installed. That's not a good sign.

Took a few 'do-release-upgrade' to get to 12.04.

Even thought they say 24/7 support, probably safer to say 10am-10pm, and sales are just regular business hours I think 9-5 weekdays.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@earl said: So what do you think so far? they are not too bad right?

Yes, looking at the price, I feel quite satisfied.
    No support needed :P

• Still no response from support (not billing) about the version of Ubuntu.

• 29USD for recuring?

• danodano Member

PerfectIP support has been much better on my last few support requests, compared to my initial contact with them. I assume they were really busy on the days following the deal I purchased, so I gave them a chance to be human, and they have been good with responses.

@dearroy -- I don't need "support" either, but I do require things like "mac addresses" added to the network for virtual machines, that I cannot do as a customer. Otherwise, PerfectIP is pretty much a self-service shop, with RDNS in the control panel, reboots, etc.

@NodePing -- I received a KVM account for my server to do my own install, was this option in your account? If not, I would also be unhappy if no one had responded to my request for Ubuntu reinstall.

@Jack -- I have a dedicated with QPS also, and I do feel similar as you, in regards to trusting my provider. For some reason, I keep feeling like I am going to receive an e-mail some day from PerfectIP telling me I have been unplugged for sending an email, or XYZ - whereas with QPS, it feels like it's business as usual. I think PerfectIP has had a slew of bad customer drawn to low prices, so they have to make sure they are covering their behinds, but it also leaves the honest customers feeling a bit untrusted.

Only real gripe is how slow the 500Gb hdisk is -- compared to my other dedicated's with virtual machines and a serverbear benchmark, it's falls very short in disk IO compared to QPS or WII dedicated machines -- the processor does fair better, as it's a 5520 instead of a 5420 as I have in the QPS and WII machines.

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

@NodePing said: Still no response from support (not billing) about the version of Ubuntu.

Maybe they will rent you a KVMoIP you could install your self?

@SayangAlif said: 29USD for recuring?

Yes the price is $29 p/m recurring.. or until you cancel.

@Jack said: I'd rather stick with qps I feel more secure with them than these guys with the strict and strange TOS they have.

Yeah the TOS is kinda strict, don't think they will suit someone who will provide VPS services from their dedi.. more for like game servers maybe?

@dano said: I received a KVM account for my server to do my own install,

So you have their $39.99 for the xeon 5520 with 12GB ram deal? Only the supermicro come with IPMI, people who got the Dell did not have dedicated IPMI, it was the luck of the draw.

@dano said: Only real gripe is how slow the 500Gb hdisk is

Did you check the bios setting? under the IDE configuration make sure you choose AHCI, not IDE or RAID..

• Just wanted to relay my recent experience.
    Server's been offline for nearly 5 hours now and no response from support yet.
    I've cancelled my service. I can not recommended perfectip.