Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - USA|UK|Netherlands|Germany - Load of offers starting at €3.00 p/year [Xen] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - USA|UK|Netherlands|Germany - Load of offers starting at €3.00 p/year [Xen]

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@tahdan the IP's sit behind an external address no one is going to be connecting via a 192.168.0.x address and if they are trying to do that then they probably should not be buying it to start with :)

• I'm pretty sure the VPN will get confused if they go from 192.168.0.X locally, via a VPN IP (user defined) and then they end up getting natted out through a different 192.168.0.X address?

Maybe it'll work, not tried setting such a thing up... maybe someone can post up if they get it working/not.

That is true, however knowing your own internal range it would be logical to use another unless you actually want to make it part of your LAN in which case it would work fine either way.

Either way though I take that on board, I will look at a more uncommon internal range for future deployments.

• Thanks, I'll try it and see what happens anyway. I'm sure most people here don't use 192.168.0.X at home, but when you're out and about you don't always have control over these things...

@zhuanyi that is not possible no, it is an 'as is' service.

• pcanpcan Member

The 192.168.x.x is a unfortunate choice for this setup, a 10.x.x.x private address would have been a much better idea, as @tehdan suggested. This does not really matter anyway, because a proper VPN (IPsec, L2TP, PPTP) is unpractical to setup. If you need to access the VPS through a IPv4 home connection, you are limited to the NATted non-standard ports. It is difficult or impossible to change ports on most Windows and smartphone VPN clients.

To bypass this issue, I already tried successfully a tunnellier socks VPN and a squid proxy. Simply select a NATted port and use it for the ssh and squid server. It is not a "real" VPN but it works flawlessy; external hosts will see the public IPv4.

• @AnthonySmith said: @zhuanyi that is not possible no, it is an 'as is' service.

thanks

• @pcan good point about the ports, although its easy enough to do with OpenVPN. I don't know if the NAT would support GRE and/or IPSec even if you did fiddle with the ports...

• aww I didn't get the chance to buy €3.00 p/year VPS :(

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith, I've been interested in doing something like that for a while (even registered a domain for it a while back). I'll drop you a PM in a few.

• Was about to buy €3.00, but apparently I'm a newbie for not knowing NATs...

• €3.00 p/year VPS,can I get one?

Another 20 of the 64MB plans released

Another 5 released today, this will be the last for around 2 weeks.

• @anthonysmith kudos for the 3eur offer - definitely lowendspirit :). I'm too late tho - doh! If someone drops out, please PM...

• @AnthonySmith said: CPU: 4 Cores Equal Share

RAM: 768 MB
    SWAP: 768 MB
    DISK: 65 GB
    Transfer: 500 GB

PRICE: €5.25 p/month
    ORDER LINK: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=66
    COUPON CODE: DE768MAR

the order link same with 512MB

3 more released, despite 5 or so tick boxes and 3 bits of written info and product description 3 people still just assumed it came with an external IPv4 and did not bother reading anything about what they were buying beyond the price tag haha :)

So they are available now.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I just got the last IPv6-only available and now a few friends want one like mine!

This is a really cool idea, Anthony :)

• how to order 64MB plans €3.00 p/year?

@skizoid said: how to order 64MB plans €3.00 p/year?

Well first there needs to be stock, then you click on the link as per the instructions.

Sadly it is now out of stock for a few weeks. feel free to check out the and maybe register your interest, the new stock will be announced on that first.

• Waiting for one of these toys :P

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Where can I get a 3 euro one? Please xD

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I don't see the link for that promo :(

@netomx you can get it here when stock is available again:
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=13

OK due to the bombardment I have released 10 more.

@AnthonySmith you are awesome :)

• "MaxMind has deemed your order to be potentially high risk and therefore it has been held for manual review."
    Please check.
    Email:jeremewangke@gmail dot com

edited March 2013

A ticket has been opened about that, you opened 2 accounts with 2 IP's in 2 countries within 6 minutes and then placed this comment after a ticket was opened for you informing you how to proceed which makes little sense unless you don't have access to the email address you entered which makes even less sense.

Edit: Strange that this was interpreted to mean open another account using a slightly different name. I have had to perm ban you for ignoring support tickets, using 3 different accounts to try and get around maxmind and ignoring everything you confirmed you read during sign up.