Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solus / Control Panel URL's - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solus / Control Panel URL's

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

A single list for the skiddies who fail at hosting this summer to scrape in one easy move to pick the targets for their booters.

Count me in, my panel is dewlance.com

@Nick_A knows first hand what a great idea this is.

Security by obscurity does help. That's why we always say avoid default ports. It's not about thinking that it will keep out everyone, it's about making them work for it if even just a little. If it fends off one attack, worth it. As Wikipedia puts it, "An attacker's first step is usually information gathering; this step is delayed by security through obscurity." Delays discourage people who really don't care that much, but will add you to their list if they come across it. No security measure is viable alone. To judge one measure on the idea of it being the sole or primary measure is not logical. There's a difference between being cautious and waving your hands in the air at hack forums. The result of the two is NOT the same. Caution is justified in this market.

Clients should know where the panel is. It's called bookmarks. Perhaps the question is "Why haven't I made a good enough impression on you to land in your memory or your bookmarks?"

That's all I'm going to say about it. If people want this, so be it. If I'm added, no complaints. I don't try to stop it from being known, I just don't like to wave it around on a flag.

• bnmklbnmkl Member
    edited March 2013

Now that I am cleaned-up and thinking more clearly, I have realised that it is redundant because I would not remember z1s.org/dashboard/solus_urls.

I would remember solusvm.raymii.org perhaps.

• @bnmkl said: When I read @Raymii's post at the top of this thread...

I. Jizzed. In. My. Pants.

Why?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Nice work as usual @raymii

• flyfly Member

@mon5st3r epic url rofl

• bnmklbnmkl Member
    edited March 2013

I was overly excited @Raymii. It was a reference to The Lonely Island - Jizz In My Pants http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY.

Though, the cat was also performing his 30min session of clawing my nether region before actually laying down.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2013

@Nick_A said: Guys, this is frankly silly unless you all have DDoS protected IPs for your SolusVMs. SolusVM is the second thing skiddies attack after your home page itself. You're just begging to be hit.

And if you do have DDos protected IPs for your SolusVM like I'm assuming RamNode does, it's way more helpful to just put a link to your SolusVM at the top of your homepage (also like RamNode does).

I'm not gonna remember Raymii's site, either, but I will remember my provider's.

• @Raymii Since ServerMania had VPSs listed on lowendbox I figured it might be helpful to add their solusvm login page to the list: https://vps.servermania.com:5656/login.php

• @Holoshed Added!

@Dylan I have multiple providers, of which most don't list solusvm on their site. So I thought it might help others as well, just like it helps me.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@NHRoel said: Something better then nothing.

Except your 'something' goes into the negative - it doesn't actually contribute to your security, yet it does give you a false sense of security which, whether consciously or unconsciously, makes you more careless with other security measures.

Seriously, I get so tired of this "something is better than nothing" argument - virtually every time someone says it, they are in reality only making the situation worse. I've pretty much never heard it as a legitimate argument.