Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solus / Control Panel URL's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solus / Control Panel URL's

RaymiiRaymii Member
edited March 2013 in General

I hate to check the welcome email for the SolusVM url. I like RAM Host, BuyVM and Inceptionhosting for having the URL to their respective control panels on their website.

So, for all of you who also hate it, I'm collecting SolusVM/Control Panel urls:

http://z1s.org/dashboard/solus_urls

Please, reply with any missing url's, the ones I have are either because I have a VPS with them or they provide it somewhere on their website or via live chat.

Comments

• https://core.getkvm.com:5656

We link to it within the WHMCS interface.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

ShoveHost is solusvm.shovenet.com

• @Raymii we also provide direct links on the website.

We're a smaller provider than the others you've got listed there, but by all means consider adding our URL if you would like:

https://cp.turbovm.com/ (SolusVM)

• @turbovm @shovenose @GetKVM_Ash
    Added all three, thanks :)

For the user it is just easier to find it in WHMCS or via a button/link than via the welcome email...

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited March 2013

Our solusvm is linked within whmcs and can only be accessible by active clients. Not really interested in posting logins on public places for various reason. Thank you for your offer though :)

• vldvld Member

Security by obscurity will always work.
    /irony

• Something better then nothing. If it was me, I would even add two-factor authentication for solusvm client area login.

• @NHRoel said: Our solusvm is linked within whmcs and can only be accessible by active clients. Not really interested in posting logins on public places for various reason. Thank you for your offer though :)

@NHRoel It takes only one client to leak that URL and your "policy" is invalid. The below simple google query lists a lot of solusVMs:

intitle:"Control Panel" SolusVM © 2008-2012 Soluslabs Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

So please explain your "various reasons".

Also, HTTPS is a must for SolusVM or a billing panel, I don't use providers who only provide http on that part. Two factor authentication in SolusVM (or WHMCS) (or ssh) is also very nice, maybe @soluslabs will implement a Yubikey or Google Authenticator Solution.

• Where's @George_Fusioned. Stealing our SolusVM name :P

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited March 2013

Removed.

• vldvld Member
    edited March 2013

@Zen said: It is just another layer, not security by obscurity - can be compared to referrer checking on other sites.

What he was doing is exactly the definition of security through obscurity. Aka let's keep something secret in the hopes it will enhance the security of it.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Where's @George_Fusioned. Stealing our SolusVM name :P

@GetKVM_Ash @George_Fusioned
    Who was first? Funny to see that, double core.host.tld :P

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

R

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2013

Who was first? Funny to see that, double core.host.tld :P

I think we were, not sure though :) Great minds and all that..

I'm not sure now, his domain is older than ours but i don't know how long they have offered VPS.

• edited March 2013

@Raymii said: @GetKVM_Ash said: Where's @George_Fusioned. Stealing our SolusVM name :P

@Raymii said: Who was first? Funny to see that, double core.host.tld :P

Haha! Imagine if I had called it my.fusioned.net or manage.fusioned.net, then I'd have a lot more providers after me... ;)

But to be honest, I didn't "steal" it from @GetKVM_Ash, I "stole" it from VPS.NET :D (control.vps.net used to be core.vps.net a few years ago)

• @George_Fusioned

Haha. I was scrolling through and saw it like WTF :P Like i said, great minds think alike.

• DeanDean Member

... guys, I agree with what someone posted above over how there's a difference betweek hiding it, and making your full list of urls available for a DOSer just to have at it... I'm also wondering how many people will register the domain names with the missing dot and set up phishing portals.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Haha. I was scrolling through and saw it like WTF :P Like i said, great minds think alike.

Exactly! :)

• pyramidserver.com -> solus.vmcontrolpanel.com :P

• @DeanClinton said: I'm also wondering how many people will register the domain names with the missing dot and set up phishing portals.

Wow, that's a genius idea, you just gave the bad guys ideas

• DeanDean Member

@BronzeByte - The difference is I'm a good guy. I don't recommend posting links publicly; it's just opening them up for attack.

• @DeanClinton said: The difference is I'm a good guy.

So is @Raymii, you are giving bad guys ideas, solus links should already be protected, it's so easy to just guess the link.

• If anything happens to ours they will have @AnthonySmith to answer too :P

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Guys, this is frankly silly unless you all have DDoS protected IPs for your SolusVMs. SolusVM is the second thing skiddies attack after your home page itself. You're just begging to be hit.

• @Nick_A said: Guys, this is frankly silly unless you all have DDoS protected IPs for your SolusVMs. SolusVM is the second thing skiddies attack after your home page itself. You're just begging to be hit.

Im starting to think you know more than your letting on [DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A JOKE].

Well, if they're going to attack me then they will just sign up for a $2 VPS and get the link. So who cares?

• @shovenose said: Well, if they're going to attack me then they will just sign up for a $2 VPS and get the link. So who cares?

Exactly, unless you're dealing with a skid that bought a shitty booter and is attacking random people

@BronzeByte which would suck :( But it's hosted off net so if it's offline for a minute or too whatever.

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: which would suck :( But it's hosted off net so if it's offline for a minute or too whatever.

Meh, these shitty random attacks are like 500mbps UDP, cloudflare doesn't really mind such an attack

• bnmklbnmkl Member

When I read @Raymii's post at the top of this thread...

I. Jizzed. In. My. Pants.