Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

been out of the vps loop, who is the ramnode of 2016? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

been out of the vps loop, who is the ramnode of 2016?

2»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

miTgiB said: I don't think I am too flaky

You're being too modest, Hostigation are LE* alumni.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

dotted said: So it's basically a mandatory unjustified tipping system. Give us more for no reason or we'll spit in your food next time... Noice

I can't tell if you're just incredibly dense or if you're trolling.

Either way, @Nekki nailed it - you sound like an idiot. You're saying essentially that anything over the lowest price you can find in the market is "mandatory unjustified tipping system".

This means you (a) don't understand how markets work, and (b) think a BMW should be priced the same as a Chevrolet.

You know, I'm just going to go with incredibly dense because you apparently think people are forced to buy Ramnode ("mandatory"). If you don't like Ramnode's price...go elsewhere.

What really is your point? Just pouting because your allowance only covers GVH and not Ramnode?

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

kaflo said: ImpactVPS

Thanks for the recommendation :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said:
    DigitalOcean or any other similar company. Most of company are good specially well established company.

So DigitalOcean is an established company? I should probably check my dictionary then.

• JustAMacUserJustAMacUser Member
    edited May 2016

@raindog308 said:

What really is your point? Just pouting because your allowance only covers GVH and not Ramnode?

You get bonus points for bringing GVH into the thread. Congrats! :D

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

The RamNode of 2016 is RamNode.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent

zafouhar said: The RamNode of 2016 is RamNode.

That sounds like an awesome T-shirt.

• raindog308 said: What really is your point? Just pouting because your allowance only covers GVH and not Ramnode?

Oh, if you don't like it, you turn it into drama ?

raindog308 said: This means you (a) don't understand how markets work, and (b) think a BMW should be priced the same as a Chevrolet.

Noice, comparing two different industries to tell me I dont know anything about markets.

Meh, who cares, everyone here is abusing clients (minus a tiny minority ofc), either pushing high prices, fake reviews & endorsements and of course, scammers/summer hosts who are used as a reason to jack up prices. So don't come in here trying to lecture me about markets & prices.

I can share my opinion on the thread however I want & you have no reason to criticize it (or insult me) because it doesn't follow your gang's shallow business scheme, ya cunt :)

• @dotted said:
    I can share my opinion on the thread however I want & you have no reason to criticize it (or insult me) because it doesn't follow your gang's shallow business scheme, ya cunt :)

• @theroyalstudent said:

@dotted said:

Same way you're kissing ass since you got here.

I can say whatever the hell I want since it's not violating any rules. Not asking for anyone to agree with me, but if you're gonna disagree and insult me just because somehow you don't like it, that's not right.

• @dotted said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@dotted said:

Same way you're kissing ass since you got here.

I can say whatever the hell I want since it's not violating any rules. Not asking for anyone to agree with me, but if you're gonna disagree and insult me just because somehow you don't like it, that's not right.

I don't know who you are, I don't know what you have with RamNode, and I want to know none of that. If you find it unjustifiable that RamNode costs more then go ahead, because I don't give a flying fuck you have the utmost freedom to say whatever you want.

I'm pretty sure that those who say that RamNode is reliable actually mean it, since quite some people used their services and there isn't much comments about their service being crap.

and I'll make it clear I don't fucking use RamNode, too.

• david_Wdavid_W Member

HVH has been good since the colocrossing DC upgrade...why no one else mentioning that?

RamNode has been good for a long time, they just has more experience to deal with all the sh*t things could happened to a provider. And the financial side is more steady over these years.

I guess the real question is: who will become the next provider in LE ranges can survive all those dramas....

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@david_W said:

I guess the real question is: who will become the next provider in LE ranges can survive all those dramas....

ProTLD I think... they look extremely stable with bringing fresh drama continuously.

• ShockHostingShockHosting Member, Host Rep

RamNode is great even without any discounts.

Nick and his team know what they are doing and have been providing a solid service.

• @zafouhar said:

@david_W said:

ProTLD I think... they look extremely stable with bringing fresh drama continuously.

Keyword: STABLE

dotted said: Noice

dotted said: Noice

Baby!

dotted said: Noice, comparing two different industries to tell me I dont know anything about markets.

Tell me why a network circuit with a high SLA from a provider with a proven track record costs more than a network circuit with a high SLA from a provider with a poor track record.

If you can't, then yeah, you don't know anything about how markets work.

If you can, then you have your answer about Ramnode.

dotted said: Meh, who cares, everyone here is abusing clients (minus a tiny minority ofc), either pushing high prices, fake reviews & endorsements and of course, scammers/summer hosts who are used as a reason to jack up prices. So don't come in here trying to lecture me about markets & prices.

Oh really?

You of course have some links to these fake reviews/endorsements that have not been either removed by a mod or thoroughly discredited by comments by members? And what host has said he's jacking up prices because of scammers or summer hosts? Can you give this example of how everyone is abusing clients? Apparently it's everyone except a tiny minority so it should be evident in nearly every thread...?

dotted said: I can share my opinion on the thread however I want & you have no reason to criticize it (or insult me) because it doesn't follow your gang's shallow business scheme, ya cunt :)

You cross the LowEndGangstah Cripz at your own risk, outsider.

• raindog308 said: Tell me why a network circuit with a high SLA from a provider with a proven track record costs more than a network circuit with a high SLA from a provider with a poor track record.

Oh, maybe you should look up the difference between markets & industries. Also, try to get the way prices are calculated & advertised, you no know shit :)

raindog308 said: You cross the LowEndGangstah Cripz at your own risk, outsider.

Heh, this only proves me right. You go from hypocrisy to drama while trying to troll & end up bitching.

raindog308 said: You of course have some links to these fake reviews/endorsements that have not been either removed by a mod or thoroughly discredited by comments by members? And what host has said he's jacking up prices because of scammers or summer hosts? Can you give this example of how everyone is abusing clients? Apparently it's everyone except a tiny minority so it should be evident in nearly every thread...?

Fake reviews are always in here, you can't deny it. Shilling is a thing in here too, don't even dare ... "Can you give this example of how everyone is abusing clients", HAHA, at least 3 or 4 credible threads a week (not including misunderstandings & errors to be fair). "And what host has said he's jacking up prices because of scammers or summer hosts", that's one dumb question, like anyone would admit.

I can criticize the prices like you can criticize why/how I criticize them bu you are not allowed to attack me for criticizing them because it's against your "believes" or opinions. Heh, Super Mod, yeah right ...

dotted said: Heh, this only proves me right. You go from hypocrisy to drama while trying to troll & end up bitching.

Guess that joke just went completely over your head.

dotted said: Oh, maybe you should look up the difference between markets & industries. Also, try to get the way prices are calculated & advertised, you no know shit :)

It's the same industry, dude.

You refuse to accept that one provider can charge more because of a reputation for reliability and quality. You claim it's mandatory tipping and unjust, yet when asked, you can't explain why.

In other words, you can't defend your ideas when someone challenges them, yet insist on continuing to spout them. That is quite childish.

dotted said: Fake reviews are always in here, you can't deny it. Shilling is a thing in here too, don't even dare ... "Can you give this example of how everyone is abusing clients", HAHA, at least 3 or 4 credible threads a week (not including misunderstandings & errors to be fair). "And what host has said he's jacking up prices because of scammers or summer hosts", that's one dumb question, like anyone would admit,

So you're not going to admit you're making that all up? Because you have yet to provide any proof of your outrageous claims.

dotted said: I can criticize the prices like you can criticize why/how I criticize them bu you are not allowed to attack me for criticizing them because it's against your "believes" or opinions.

You can criticize prices all you want, though because you have no justification for your criticism, it falls on deaf ears.

And I am allowed to criticize you.

I have said zero about "believes" (maybe you meant "beliefs"?) and "opinions".

dotted said: Heh, Super Mod, yeah right ...

Help desk link is on the right or click the Flag button if you don't like something.

Long story short: you make claims, can't prove them because they're not true, don't understand how the world works, and refuse to learn. Your thesis is that Ramnode is overpriced but you can't explain why.

Impressive.

• user123user123 Member
    edited May 2016

@dotted said:

Shilling is a thing in here too

Ridiculous! How DARE you suggest such an outrageous thing, sir!

(@jarland HMU with the free MXRoute plan you promised me for being your shill LowEndDefender)

• dailydaily Member
    edited May 2016

I like to think in some ways, @dotted is right. The LowEnd market is a 'pay for what you get' market, and that's obvious. People seem to forget this though and when their $1.99/BA VPS goes down and they get little support, little updates, and little communication, they get upset. RamNode isn't that company. You'll pay a little more for what seems like the exact same or even less, but you're going to get more attention and more reliable support for when you do need it. You have a choice of hundreds of providers, remember that this market is extremely saturated. You don't have to buy from ClownBozo or NoHost, knowing you'll get no help if you ever need it, even if their prices reflect the fact. The same goes for RamNode. I think instead of getting mad at the entire market like it seems @dotted has, they need to remember that hosts set prices to specs that should give the consumer an idea of what to expect when shit hits the fan, or if they'll even exist tomorrow. This post has kind of devolved into a blog, and I've kind of forgotten what I'm posting about, but yeah.

TL;DR: You have a large selection of hosts to choose from that from price to spec ratio you can easily get an idea of what can expect out of them. RamNode not only fits the 'higher price so it seems like they should care' tier, but they've also been around a long time to prove it, and have the community support to back it up. No provider wants to give great support to a customer paying almost absolutely nothing.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Support is just a part of what you pay that extra money for.

Thanked by 1daily
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@Nekki said:

I received 3 free blowjobs per VPS from RamNode back in the days. Worth every cent!

Thanked by 1GCat
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited May 2016

There is a valid reason to charge a few bucks more... the whole thing has to be worthwhile for the provider to provide the service. If they stop enjoying it, aren't making a living to pay for their loaf of bread, or whatever... the $12/y VPS suddenly becomes worthless when it goes out of business, whereas perhaps the $18/y one carries on just fine.

To OP, not sure who is worthy of the accolade of "Ramnode of 2016", I've found SecureDragon to be excellent. I have 18 containers with them (and have had them coming up for 2 years) and never had a problem.

Thanked by 2raindog308 KuJoe
  • ssiw610ssiw610 Member

A lot of people, don't understand that. I know before i started my own company i always looked for a company who had 24/7 support phone/live chat and rather pay the extra $ to know that my issue would be addressed asap on hand! Very nice valid point!

@Nekki said: