Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel license/VPS (unmanaged) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel license/VPS (unmanaged)

2»

Comments

• dailydaily Member
    edited May 2016

@ARiEWWW said:

@dailymc said:
    LowEnd meaning hardware specs, not price.

You're being cheap, not reasonable.

And your looking at providers with "educational discounts"? C'mon mate.

You really went back to look at that? Okay.. I guess you got me? My only defense would be that educators discounts are typically used for academic reasons, nonprofit (although I'm sure providers here could share stories about that not being the case). You want cPanel, to manage shit. For the lowest price. Willing to do it with providers that may or may not be able to stay afloat with how cheap you want them to be. Your plan is frankly stupid.

Edit: I also mention non LowEnd providers too.

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

Thank you for the life lesson, appreciated! And if you read the thread you'll see I went for VMBOX.co's offer or do you have some lessons about their service? Then please reply in my other thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/83877/vmbox-co-reviews-wanted#latest

• dailydaily Member

No, I typically stick with providers who really shine around here. Look at the Top Providers poll to get an idea. I like my projects to actually still be there whenever I need it to be.

• I don't think there are many with singlehop on let, their prices are higher than most Colo providers. You can go wrong VMBox and get that $7.5 cpanel license and deal with whatever problem you have or pay $11 + hardware and choose from another provider. Don't expect to pay for a Honda and get a Ferrari.

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

@TheOnlyDK I couldn't get it external for $11, lowest was $13. However I went for VMBOX.co

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • @ARiEWWW said:
    @TheOnlyDK I couldn't get it external for $11, lowest was $13. However I went for VMBOX.co

Yea cuz $11 is internal pricing. VMBox is pretty good, happy so far.

Thanked by 2ARiEWWW StevenN
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

There are providers that will sell internal licenses for $5/mo...for example, KnownHost:

https://my.knownhost.com/order/config/index/managed-vps-hosting/?group_id=6&pricing_id=224

Of course, they're not selling the overall service for $15/mo. That package (2.25GB, 75GB, 7TB a month) is $35 + $5 for cpanel before promos (for a fully managed VPS).

Possibly KH is subsidizing part of the license though it's more likely they're just big enough/legacy enough to get it cheap.

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

I was indeed looking for something like that, but then unmanaged to get the price down. However there's just no deal out there that's better then VMBOX.co, but the reviews didn't convince me. I just ordered the $20/year package, but it seems there's no cPanel supported for that :')

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@ARiEWWW said:
    I was indeed looking for something like that, but then unmanaged to get the price down. However there's just no deal out there that's better then VMBOX.co, but the reviews didn't convince me. I just ordered the $20/year package, but it seems there's no cPanel supported for that :')

We can recreate your VPS in NL or PHX to get the cheaper cPanel.

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member
    edited May 2016

@VMbox said:

@ARiEWWW said:

We can recreate your VPS in NL or PHX to get the cheaper cPanel.

I send a ticket (Ticket ID: 869610) to upgrade to the 3GB plan in NL, just sent me an invoice with a payment request. If you want/could rebase the 1GB LA plan to NL that's of course also fine, but understand if not possible :)