Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking Offshore VPN. (All offshore providers are invited.)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm looking Offshore VPN. (All offshore providers are invited.)

(I am a journalist.) Hi, I'm looking for the location of offshore VPN. Certainly do not keep logs. So that they could offer all providers of offshore locations. Even if a single location is considered. I use a maximum of 175-200 GB of monthly traffic. VPS providers, OpenVPN install and me delivery can. I will pay with Bitcoin. Waiting for your offer, thank you. (My budget $7, quarterly periods.)

Comments

• TwinkerTwinker Member

try ovpn.to

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Hello,

Luxembourg is what we got :)

Francisco

• 02mia0202mia02 Member

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Francisco

According to the budget you give VPN service? (My budget $7, quarterly periods.)

• 02mia0202mia02 Member

@Twinker said:
    try ovpn.to

90 days = €30. It exceeds my budget. Do you have another suggestion? (My budget $7, quarterly periods.)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I think his budget might be $7, quarterly periods.

@02mia02 said:

@Francisco said:
    Hello,

Francisco

According to the budget you give VPN service? (My budget $7, quarterly periods.)

Our 128MB's are $2.00/month or $15/year. I'm not sure if we have any in stock in LU though.

Francisco

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

TL;DR $2.33 / month budget - for 200GB Traffic <

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

It will depend on where you are located and what you exactly need.

For example the US would likely be fine if you are Chinese. Or Russia if you are from Western Europe.

We can't give you blanket advice. I already offered my help but never heard back from you.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited May 2016

02mia02 said: I'm looking for the location of offshore VPN?

Which criteria of your offshore? Everything outside US and EU can be called offshore?

• 02mia0202mia02 Member

@fitvpn Hello, I'm Turkish journalist. It can be any offshore countries. In no way should not be logging. It must be completely anonymous. Can you help me? I'll be waiting for your answer. @Nyr

@pbgben Hi, you can provide services from any country? I'll be waiting for your answer. Thank you.

@Francisco Hello, you can deliver and install OpenVPN virtual server? It must be completely anonymous. Can you help me? I'll be waiting for your answer. Thank you.

@Nekki Hello, I'm going to use this budget to less traffic.

Is also thread to all members invited me to provide this service. @yourserverse, @fitvpn, @incloudibly

• EobbleEobble Member

@02mia02 said:
    @fitvpn Hello, I'm Turkish journalist. It can be any offshore countries. In no way should not be logging. It must be completely anonymous. Can you help me? I'll be waiting for your answer. @Nyr

@pbgben Hi, you can provide services from any country? I'll be waiting for your answer. Thank you.

@Francisco Hello, you can deliver and install OpenVPN virtual server? It must be completely anonymous. Can you help me? I'll be waiting for your answer. Thank you.

@Nekki Hello, I'm going to use this budget to less traffic.

Is also thread to all members invited me to provide this service. @yourserverse, @fitvpn, @incloudibly

PM ME, we can setup a custom plan for you with anonymous payment method / account

• 02mia0202mia02 Member

@Eobble Hello, United States, is not a suitable country for journalists. United States repressive countries.

02mia02 said: @Francisco Hello, you can deliver and install OpenVPN virtual server? It must be completely anonymous. Can you help me? I'll be waiting for your answer. Thank you.

Not sure how OpenVPN wouldn't be anonymous...

You still have to provide accurate details at signup. Someone would have to get a Canadian court order before we'd release anything.

Francisco

• MunMun Member

How many times is this guy going to ask for VPN.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Never forget : The enemy of my enemy is (sorta) my friend.

(OR) Pick a country that doesn't give a shit about your country's ruler-drama.

• HostSailorHostSailor Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2016

@02mia02 said:
    (I am a journalist.) Hi, I'm looking for the location of offshore VPN. Certainly do not keep logs. So that they could offer all providers of offshore locations. Even if a single location is considered. I use a maximum of 175-200 GB of monthly traffic. VPS providers, OpenVPN install and me delivery can. I will pay with Bitcoin. Waiting for your offer, thank you. (My budget $7, quarterly periods.)

Our OpenVZ Mini sailor can be well under 7 USD per quarter without discount, if you decide for a larger plan like Sailor, it will be 8.97 USD without our LET 20% recurring discount, so with the discount it'll be something like 7.18 USD.

Check https://hostsailor.com/vps-hosting/openvz-vps/

We would help you setup your VPN, and assist you with everything you need, as long as you know what you want, as we do not provide any proactive management, only per request, and its done 24/7, in regards to the logs, we do not keep any data, what you do on your VPS is your business, and when its wiped, there is no more traces of it, nor do we monitor any data on our servers, what goes inside your VPS is only yours, as long as you do not abuse our policies in anyway, we have no problems, your country would have no power to get that data if they want, as long as you do not abuse our terms/laws of our locations, you can try RO or NL for that purpose, we serve both locations.

edited May 2016

@02mia02 stop mentioning me and asking random questions if you don't want to listen to advice from anyone. I already offered help, you just keep changing your question and I don't think you know what you want/need.

I highly doubt that your situation can be resolved just by using a VPN.

Expecting that your provider doesn't keep logs is also unreasonable. If you buy from someone offering this, it's likely false.

@HostSailor said:
    in regards to the logs, we do not keep any data, what you do on your VPS is your business, and when its wiped, there is no more traces of it, nor do we monitor any data on our servers, what goes inside your VPS is only yours

Nice bullshit.

I know you are happy to host shady customers, but do they really believe that you "do not monitor any data" and "when you wipe the VPS there is no more traces of it"?

It must be a miracle then that you use zero logs and are still able to keep your modes up.

Thanked by 1chinmoy

It's sad to see that someone could be risking a lot (we don't really know since there is a language and technical barrier) and people here is just trying to make a quick buck instead of giving him reasonable advice.

What about: "a no-logs service will still be able to identify you and is very likely keeping them anyway". "Your threat model is likely not fixed by an anonymous VPN". Instead of "give me $1 and I'll set up this for you".

LET is disgusting, sometimes.

Thanked by 1Dylan

@Nyr said:
    @02mia02 stop mentioning me and asking random questions if you don't want to listen to advice from anyone. I already offered help, you just keep changing your question and I don't think you know what you want/need.

I highly doubt that your situation can be resolved just by using a VPN.

Expecting that your provider doesn't keep logs is also unreasonable. If you buy from someone offering this, it's likely false.

@HostSailor said:
    in regards to the logs, we do not keep any data, what you do on your VPS is your business, and when its wiped, there is no more traces of it, nor do we monitor any data on our servers, what goes inside your VPS is only yours

Nice bullshit.

I know you are happy to host shady customers, but do they really believe that you "do not monitor any data" and "when you wipe the VPS there is no more traces of it"?

It must be a miracle then that you use zero logs and are still able to keep your modes up.

There is nothing shady about a Turkish journalist, knowing what the Turkish government is doing and capable of doing to people expressing their views in a democratic world, we are happy to host them, and yes we do not have any logs of data going from/into the servers, and will never do, and yes our nodes are up since we abide by all laws, and actively deal with abuse issues that are against our policies and laws in any of our locations, if we ever receive court orders within our geographic locations, we will act, so to answer your comments, you can take the information or leave it, up to you, that's your problem not ours, its up to the client posting this thread to decide, keep your own views and sarcasm to yourself, let people make their decisions on what they read on this thread.

edited May 2016

@HostSailor said:
    and yes we do not have any logs of data going from/into the servers, and will never do

So you don't log flows, ever? Nor does your upstream? Your network should be plenty of fun.

Don't promise anonymity against gov adversaries if you can't deliver. Specially if Turkey when you are UAE based.

edited May 2016

@Nyr said:

@HostSailor said:
    and yes we do not have any logs of data going from/into the servers, and will never do

So you don't log flows, ever? Nor does your upstream? Your network should be plenty of fun.

Don't promise anonymity against gov adversaries if you can't deliver. Specially if Turkey when you are UAE based.

The user clearly asked for a provider that does not retain logs, we do not and our upstream does not, there is nothing about being fun or not, we do not log what our users do but we do not ignore abuse reports, nor do we ignore laws and policies, we answered the questions in this thread in an honest manner, Turkey or not, they have no power over our EU locations where the data is hosted, and as long as they do not break any laws including the UAE's, there is nothing a government from another country can do, only Netherlands has power over our NL servers, and only Romania has power over our RO servers, using a VPN to connect from Turkey via an EU location is not illegal, so not sure what you're trying to point at.

Since this thread is about a requested service, we will no longer continue this conversation here, if you have further comments or want to continue discussion you're welcome in private, this is not our thread.

HostSailor said: The user clearly asked for a provider that does not retain logs, we do not and our upstream does not

Both The Netherlands and Romania have data retention laws, so your upstreams obviously need to comply with them. Claiming the opposite is just lying.

HostSailor said: we do not log what our users do but we do not ignore abuse reports

So do you blindly trust abuse reports? Since you have no logs at all...

HostSailor said: there is nothing a government from another country can do

If you say so...

HostSailor said: not sure what you're trying to point at

• Your false advertising
    • The fact that UAE is a very bad choice of jurisdiction for a Turkish journalist (or any journalist, really)

But yeah, let's stop this because you are clearly going to keep pushing your lies over and over.

• 02mia0202mia02 Member

@Nyr Please do not hurt each other for that matter. ☺ @HostSailor

@HostSailor You in no way do not keep your customers logging? Can you tell us in plain language detail, please? ☺

@iSky Thank you very much. @vimalware

@Mun Idle talk.

• MunMun Member

Frankly @02mai02 OpenVPN encryption has been broken by governments at this point and is no longer relevant in terms of bringing you anonymity. Not to mention in your case scenario it simply makes you appear in what ever country your server is in. If you really want anonymity go with tor, it is free and frankly there is less for you to screw up in your installation that will likely get you caught. Further, using any VPN / TOR service is likely to get you monitored by the government anyways.

You could also use myentunnel for your protection needs. http://nemesis2.qx.net/pages/MyEnTunnel

It is a little harder to break into then VPN and looks more "normal" traffic wise. Though once again, this doesn't give you anonymity, it just makes you appear in X location.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited May 2016

@Nyr said:

HostSailor said: The user clearly asked for a provider that does not retain logs, we do not and our upstream does not

Both The Netherlands and Romania have data retention laws, so your upstreams obviously need to comply with them. Claiming the opposite is just lying.

HostSailor said: we do not log what our users do but we do not ignore abuse reports

So do you blindly trust abuse reports? Since you have no logs at all...

HostSailor said: there is nothing a government from another country can do

If you say so...

HostSailor said: not sure what you're trying to point at

• Your false advertising
    • The fact that UAE is a very bad choice of jurisdiction for a Turkish journalist (or any journalist, really)

But yeah, let's stop this because you are clearly going to keep pushing your lies over and over.

Again, what I see is that you don't know what you talking about, before we post anything here we share it with our lawyers and we also request assistance from any person in our firm that knows best in that regard, so to sum this up for you once more, we do not log data to and from the servers. If the government want to log data they have to have a warrant upfront in order to place a tap device. How on earth does one have to do that at such high speeds? Most countries have to be able to setup a specific tap. Not continuously bluntly run one.

So please, before posting none sense, go check with some profesionals that can guide you better, we know what we're saying on this thread, sadly you do not, so please cut the chase and keep your wrong views to yourself, we answered our part and stated real honest answers.

@02mia02 that has been explained, that's the most accurate information we can share at this time.

@Mun said:
    Frankly @02mai02 OpenVPN encryption has been broken by governments at this point and is no longer relevant in terms of bringing you anonymity. Not to mention in your case scenario it simply makes you appear in what ever country your server is in. If you really want anonymity go with tor, it is free and frankly there is less for you to screw up in your installation that will likely get you caught. Further, using any VPN / TOR service is likely to get you monitored by the government anyways.

You could also use myentunnel for your protection needs. http://nemesis2.qx.net/pages/MyEnTunnel

It is a little harder to break into then VPN and looks more "normal" traffic wise. Though once again, this doesn't give you anonymity, it just makes you appear in X location.

Can't disagree, absolutely correct, however with TOR they are more likely to be monitored by other agencies.

• MunMun Member

@HostSailor said:

@Mun said:

Can't disagree, absolutely correct, however with TOR they are more likely to be monitored by other agencies.

Correct, the only way I know of getting around that limitation at this point would be to use tor over a vpn with something like myentunnel. So your tor service appeared like it was coming from X ip. Though you still would have to be really careful.

In further truthfulness how you operate you physical presence and exposure to the internet with your data is just as important. You probably wouldn't want to use your home connection for any of this. You would probably want to go to a coffee shop and find a random wifi that isn't the coffee shops to connect to. Further, you would want to run something like Linux with a firewall put heavily in place so you released less data. I mean there is so much to going "off into anonymity" that you really don't grasp.

In regards to this, you probably don't want to host in the UK / US / Australia / New Zealand.

edited May 2016

HostSailor said: for you once more, we do not log data to and from the servers

Flow logs are enough to unmask any of your VPN customers and they are a standard troubleshooting tool in our industry as I'm sure you know. Metadata, as they call it now.

HostSailor said: So please, before posting none sense, go check with some profesionals that can guide you better, we know what we're saying on this thread, sadly you do not, so please cut the chase and keep your wrong views to yourself, we answered our part and stated real honest answers.

I'm an IT professional too and that's why it is so obvious to me that both of your upstreams do log at the network level and that you NEED some amount of logging to maintain your service. It is so obvious, it is needed to operate a network and there is nothing wrong with that, other than your false advertising. I never mentioned full port mirroring as you imply so don't mix concepts.

Even ignoring all this, you are UAE based, a country which:

• Is friendly to Turkey (mostly)
    • Doesn't have freedom of press
    • Has serious issues with civil liberties (don't even get me started)
    • Applies law partly derived from a religious book

So I hope you can at least agree that you are NOT the ideal contender to safeguard the privacy of a Turkish journalist. Or any journalist for that matter.