Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very bad performance downloading from Digital Ocean VPS (HTTP) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Very bad performance downloading from Digital Ocean VPS (HTTP)

1235»

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

To be honest it's fine for me but sure I will post some up

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@zagi said: The reason for stricter treatment of Paypal user's is the IPN information provided by Paypal is minimal. With a credit card transaction we have full name, address & verification, security code, phone number. With Paypal all that we have is successful or failed transaction so a lot less information with which to verify a user's identity.

@zagi said: As it stands now, if you are unsatisfied with your current network performance, please request account verification. Diligently answer the questions and your account will be unlocked giving you the ability to spin up new Droplets with VirtIO during the create process.

I am not buying that. Your support wants one or more of the following:

1. Public twitter profile

2. Public facebook profile
    3. Public personal or corporate blog
    4. Public personal or corporate website

So successful transaction with verified paypal account means less than some twitter profile or personal blog? The problem I see here is that you have no problem with taking money through paypal in order to provide service long term without any verification but you require verification with some dumb website url months later in order to provide non-crippled fixed service. (ie. Give us your facebook profile url and you will be able to use VPS with VirtIO. Get it real!)

What about to fix your dumb billing system where anyone can order your service without entering any personal data instead requiring clients facebook profile months after their successful PAYMENT in order to provide them proper, non crippled service?
    Issue you expect to be resolved from your clients is not caused by paypal or your clients but your billing system usefull only to pick money and with messed up policy where it seems like you don't know what exactly you're doing. Or you really believe that somerandomwebsite.com will verify me better than successful payment transactions? And no, I don't have twitter or facebook profile. Shocked?

• AaronAaron Member

I was excited about Digital Ocean a few months ago.

KVM they said!

Unlimited bandwidth they said!

It turns out that with their KVM implementation you can't even run your own kernel, so you're stuck with a vulnerable vendor kernel from many months ago that Digital Ocean fails to upgrade.

Unlimited bandwidth? That didn't last for long (as expected)!

Not bad for the price I suppose...

• I got the virtio enabled by Etel. :)

• n0myn0my Member

@zagi said: @n0my @W1V_Lee could you guys provide a traceroute for review. And perhaps an optimal traceroute from the other providers to see if we can determine a faster way to get between the networks.

Thanks.

• zagizagi Member

@n0my: the second traceroute looks pretty fast and direct. The first traceroute picks up 40ms of latency getting you from the UK to France on VirginMedia's network. Once it hops over to Cogent its already 40ms and arrives at your server at 45ms, only an additional 5ms of latency is under our control. Looks like the VirginMedia provider is at fault for slowing you down.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Jack said: Good luck getting any sense out of Virgin.. The reason you have packetloss sir is because you haven't rebooted your superhub within the last 30 days.. I was like are you being serious?

They actually might be, I heard from a number of people that these "Superhubs" are pieces of serious crap, and it's entirely possible they would develop stability issues or packet loss if not rebooted for a prolonged period. :)

• same2me, i have same bigh ping to digitalocean

• At the time of becomming verified I was happy with the support, answers withing 30minutes. Right now it feels like I'm talking to a bot.

http://pastebin.com/19HuB9ym

• Digital Ocean...their dropelet's performance getting worst today. always offline and online

• antiycda said: Digital Ocean...their dropelet's performance getting worst today. always offline and online

why you bumped a year old thread