Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Survey: Malaysia VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Survey: Malaysia VPS

2»

Comments

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:
    So 12 VM's x $7 each = $84/month

Looks like a deadpool for me!

FYI, the box only costs us RM350/month so we are not making any loss. And we are just trying to build our portfolio.

What about your expenses for Solusvm, whmcs, hosting of your site, support costs etc etc etc ?

• mentarimentari Member

if you can offer usd6-usd7 with port speed up to 50mbps i will buy

• @zafouhar said:

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

FYI, the box only costs us RM350/month so we are not making any loss. And we are just trying to build our portfolio.

What about your expenses for Solusvm, whmcs, hosting of your site, support costs etc etc etc ?

Do not worry, whmcs only cost us less than 50$ and solusvm less than $50. We dont mind paying $100 a month to build our company portfolio.

Our team also has other business ventures on the side.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

Do not worry, whmcs only cost us less than 50$ and solusvm less than $50. We dont mind paying $100 a month to build our company portfolio.

You know what, I don't worry about you, I worry about all the people who will buy this and who will come here in a month and say they lost their data because you terminated your servers.

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • MadMad Member
    edited May 2016

Are you colocating in lighthosting or Shinjiru ?, anyway good luck! ;)

• @zafouhar said:

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

You know what, I don't worry about you, I worry about all the people who will buy this and who will come here in a month and say they lost their data because you terminated your servers.

Time will prove everything. I am being very open on our monthtly cost. Thats the way we chinese do business. Spending a few hundered a month to build a company profile is nothing. We look at business the long term.

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

you have 20mbit international bw for the whole server. can you imagine whats left from it if there might be all 10 vps's using international traffic at same time? and btw, in malaysia, this 20mbit even is not guaranteed bw,its on best effort. for sure adding additional Mbit's or guaranteed speeds to your uplink will cost you a fortune.its expensive there.you may offer it 10usd each, but whats the outcome in the end,is totally different story.
    one more thing, why you do such pre-advertising topics so often? you want it so desperately not look like advertising, but actually advertising it is.

• @estnoc said:
    you have 20mbit international bw for the whole server. can you imagine whats left from it if there might be all 10 vps's using international traffic at same time? and btw, in malaysia, this 20mbit even is not guaranteed bw,its on best effort. for sure adding additional Mbit's or guaranteed speeds to your uplink will cost you a fortune.its expensive there.you may offer it 10usd each, but whats the outcome in the end,is totally different story.
    one more thing, why you do such pre-advertising topics so often? you want it so desperately not look like advertising, but actually advertising it is.

Dear Estnoc,

On our Malaysia node, the server has 100mbps uplink of shared bandwidth and 20mbps of DEDICATED GUARANTEED international traffic to the server. Talk to me and ill let you know how you can buy cheap bandwidth here. Our ISP is Redtone from Malaysia, We are able to get such an attractive price from them is because we are a reseller of their MetroE IPVPN solutions here in Malaysia.

"can you imagine whats left from it if there might be all 10 vps's using international traffic at same time?"

That is why we are offering at such a low price. If people are expecting for much higher bandwidth, they can always go to other providers that can provide high bandwidth @ cheap price in Malaysia.

At lease we are being open of Selling 10 VPS slots on a 20Mbps link. Not telling people after they have signed up from us.

Pre-advertising or not, that depend on how you want to see it.

Thank You

• this is confusing, AIMS AS45668 and Redtone AS24028, are 2 different data centers :(

@zafouhar said:

• @century1stop said:
    this is confusing, AIMS AS45668 and Redtone AS24028, are 2 different data centers :(

@zafouhar said:

The server is located in AIMS. Redtone sells colocation space in AIMS Data Center. My uplink provider is RedTone. Please find out the right facts!

In AIMS u can choose from so many ISPs.

• oh I'm sorry, didn't mean to be confused

@gigavest said:

>

• seikanseikan Member

PM me, I would like to test.

• @gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

Time will prove everything. I am being very open on our monthtly cost. Thats the way we chinese do business. Spending a few hundered a month to build a company profile is nothing. We look at business the long term.

What about the people who scam me on eBay everything I buy discount sh*t off eBay? Last time I ordered a battery (3000 mAh), I tested a capacity of 1200 mAh. Sounds ver-rr-rry open to me?

I guess that a $4 3000 mAh battery was too good to be true... especially from mainland China and a sketchy seller who uses a handbag as a profile pic :(

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • edited May 2016

@doghouch said:

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

@gigavest said:

@zafouhar said:

What about the people who scam me on eBay everything I buy discount sh*t off eBay? Last time I ordered a battery (3000 mAh), I tested a capacity of 1200 mAh. Sounds ver-rr-rry open to me?

I guess that a $4 3000 mAh battery was too good to be true... especially from mainland China and a sketchy seller who uses a handbag as a profile pic :(

Not sure if @gigavest meant that he was Chinese (nationality; a citizen of the communist state) or Chinese (race; language etc).

Those who scam you off eBay are Chinese (nationality).

// side note: I'm Chinese (race), and I'm not here to scam you. I'm not a handbag pretending to be a kid :P

edit: why you wanna get scam and buy the cheap battery?!?!

• @theroyalstudent because eBay is way cheaper than actually buying from a Canadian store; plus, the prices in Canada include a stupid "recycling fee" :(

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@gigavest said:

@estnoc said:

Dear Estnoc,

On our Malaysia node, the server has 100mbps uplink of shared bandwidth and 20mbps of DEDICATED GUARANTEED international traffic to the server. Talk to me and ill let you know how you can buy cheap bandwidth here. Our ISP is Redtone from Malaysia, We are able to get such an attractive price from them is because we are a reseller of their MetroE IPVPN solutions here in Malaysia.

"can you imagine whats left from it if there might be all 10 vps's using international traffic at same time?"

That is why we are offering at such a low price. If people are expecting for much higher bandwidth, they can always go to other providers that can provide high bandwidth @ cheap price in Malaysia.

At lease we are being open of Selling 10 VPS slots on a 20Mbps link. Not telling people after they have signed up from us.

Pre-advertising or not, that depend on how you want to see it.

Thank You

Hello sir,

i think you did not get the point what i meant exactly.
    The thing is, even if you offer cheap product to your customers, you MUST guarantee somewhat of QUALITY aswell! Do you really think 20Mbit international bw will be enough for all the 10 VPS? I can tell you this, if there are,lets say, 3 customers, who have started download or upload at same time something that requires international bw and if they often notice that when their transfer starts,it is ca 20Mbit and after few seconds it seems like stuck somewhere and in the end they see the speed ca 160kb/s, YOU will face the trouble very soon. Its called oversold networking or network congestion. Noone likes such service. You can tell that you will get additional bandwidth with friendly price,but minimum that they will charge,is somewhere like 56MYR per 1Mbit (i can be littlebit wrong,but usually it is like that). So,if you want to add additional 1Mbit INTERNATIONAL bw (local bw is cheap),it will cost ca 14usd to you. Btw, AIMS have strict bw pricing policy where resellers have very little word on lowering the prices.
    So, if i were you, i would advertise the connectivity per each vps as 2Mbit not 100mbit or 20Mbit, as 2Mbit i think,is guaranteed speed that you are able to provide actually.

Thanked by 1tommy
  • tommytommy Member

@estnoc he live in perfect world dream