Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS should be stopped - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS should be stopped

2»

Comments

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

@KuJoe lololol, LulzFag

• @KuJoe Brilliant!

• @KuJoe YTCracker lol, good song

• If you want to be proactive, as providers DON'T install BIND, or other DNS servers on VPSes by default. You litterally saturating the market with open DNS reflection node. Thus you are being proactive, helping your clients, and FINALLY saving you money, since you won't be paying to be in a DDOS attack.

Just my two cents....

@GIANT_CRAB said: @Simple3x said: steve jobs invented the iphones ipads and imacs,

That is incorrect, Steve Jobs never invented anything at all.

He just stole everything at put it together and claim that its his.

inb4 apple thread.

Somewhat correct, not fully. Linux is a stolen rebuild of Unix, Dos is a stolen rebuild of Unix. The Xerox gui was based in part on Unix. Apple stople the Xerox Gui. Windows stole said Gui from Apple. If anything they are Building off each other, and they ALL have done it.

• @Damian said: @Jacob said: World peace bro.

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Such a nice smile :)

• llo hye xguys im going 2 pretend im retarded too0xdnXDDDDDDDDDDD

• @ftpit said: very wrong info.It was Edison

Edison didn't invent the light bulb.

Also, this thread... :(

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

What is your problem?

Purchase a DDoS protected server, report DDoSer IP..

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

"Somewhat correct, not fully. Linux is a stolen rebuild of Unix,

Not quite. :P Linux (aka GNU/Linux) is a mixture of stolen rebuilds of parts of Unix, Minux (notably the Minux file system) , and a borrowed (you can't steal free software) rebuild of Richard Stallman's GNU system libraries and utilities.

Dewlance said " report DDoSer IP.. and Autoboot

DDoS=DISTRIBUTED denial of service attack. i.e. lots and lots of IPs from many different sources, too many IPs to report (unlike a DoS attack which is a 12 year old attacking from 1 easily identifiable IP with a booter he bought on hackforum)

• @DomainBop said: Dewlance said " report DDoSer IP.. and Autoboot

DDoS=DISTRIBUTED denial of service attack. i.e. lots and lots of IPs from many different sources, too many IPs to report (unlike a DoS attack which is a 12 year old attacking from 1 easily identifiable IP with a booter he bought on hackforum)

Yes, I understand the DISTRIBUTED part, but what I was referring to is that you are allowing a vps to become a DOS source, which integrates with a much larger DDOS attack when you allow bind to be stupidly installed on a server, yet most customers will NEVER need it.

• @DomainBop said: Bill Gates didn't invent the personal computer. Bill Gates and Microsoft didn't even invent the DOS operating system that made them rich (it was purchased from another company). The first widely used personal computer, the Altair 8800 (powered by an Intel 8080 processor), was designed by Ed Roberts in 1975. The first computer with a mouse, keyboard, desktop, and GUI was actually designed by Xerox in 1973 (and Apple borrowed heavily from it when they introduced the Apple Lisa).

No the word computer came from latin word 'Computar' which means to calculate. So technically Abacas or Rocks count as computers. I believe it was Blaise Pascal who invented something a bit advanced. Babbage made something that actually started the real world computing ;)

• Akamai I think is the only provider able of keeping your site alive during a DDOS attack. With 100 000+ servers worldwide they handle attacks continuously. (live stats here: http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html?WT.ac=hp_attacks).

But we are not talking lowend hosting...

• @u137 said: But we are not talking lowend hosting...

That's the problem with most people here. These attacks already cost a lowendprovider time, but also money due to loss of customers and sales. Real DDoS protection is EXPENSIVE. LiquidWeb was unable to keep our stuff up, so after some continuous attacks we switched to BlackLotus which costs over twice as much as what we were paying before, but they're good at what they do.

If you're being hit with DDoS constantly, being nullrouted all the time isn't fun. You're going to have to find a provider who offers real DDoS protection. There are a few providers here that offer it 'kinda'. But for anything large and constant, you're going to have to give an arm and a leg to a provider who specializes in DDoS protection and be willing to shell out 10-20X what you'd expect to pay for a server elsewhere.

• @Zen said: Don't forget autoboot!

Bahahaha. That joke never gets old.

• @KuJoe said: rootshell on ya bootstrap - now whos that?, botnet mjoin and drop your whole c class, see class? it is evident we flossing, ion cannon in the proc list ddossing. lean back bitch we be sending an injection, magic quotes off JOIN TABLE intersection

Haha epic

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Rabble rabble rabble!