Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Internet Connection - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Internet Connection

2»

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@theroyalstudent said:
    My plan runs at 48USD with IPTV (we had to pay more to get what we want) and home telephone. Discontinued plan. Can't wait to upgrade or jump ship to another ISP this November.

Why can't you upgrade now? Surely they don't stop you?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

@trewq said:

@pbgben said:
    NZ fiber is stable 100Mbits - But Im on 14mb copper :(

Didn't NZ run Fiber to the node ages ago? I swear I was talking to someone about it 6 years ago.

All our fiber is to the premis, aka FTTH

As far as I know, 80% of all copper cabinets are fiber backhaul FTTC/FTTN
    We're also set for a new cable to the USA so our speeds will go up and prices down, this may also open a market for apac LET servers in AKL NZ :P

http://www.hawaikicable.co.nz/

• @trewq said:

@theroyalstudent said:
    My plan runs at 48USD with IPTV (we had to pay more to get what we want) and home telephone. Discontinued plan. Can't wait to upgrade or jump ship to another ISP this November.

Why can't you upgrade now? Surely they don't stop you?

Contracts. 21st month (out of 24) and I'm allowed to recontract. Not sure if I can cancel, or if I have to wait til 24 months are reached to cancel though.

I have 3 mobile lines attached to this plan to get discounts (20%/line right now). Terminating would mean I don't get anymore discounts, and these actually save me like $18/month.

I'm planning to go with MyRepublic for a 2*1Gbps plan, with 2 static IPs if that's possible (yes probably, my school has a secondary IP for C&C server).

$50/IP one time fee though, but I suppose it's worth it if I'm planning to buy an Atom computer and leave it at home to run as a headless home server.

And I do not want to be left without internet for days while waiting for setup, since everyone at home relies on it heavily.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@onecloudyNET said:
    Hello Buys..! Let me know what is best Internet connection for Heavy Use. Comment & Vote :)

Will you continue spamming LET? go to another forum and spam them we are not interested in spammers.

• @onecloudyNET said:
    Comment & Vote :)

Comment? Go fuck yourself. Nah, joking. You need serious help with promotion. Don't promote on LET, just shoot an email to [email protected] and you will get many customers.

Vote? I vote for you to be banned. @Jarland pls pls pls thx thx thx premium

• we have fibre to the cabinet, copper cable to the premises. 50mbit plan and sometimes we get less than 1mbit in the evenings due to oversubscription, so depends on the ISP I guess.

• nepsneps Member

There is no point asking that here, when it all really boils down to what the options in your area.

By the way, internet cafes are still a thing. It's a culture thing, I understand how people from some countries won't get it. People don't go there for internet access.

adxn said: Why would I go to an internet café when I could just go home (and enjoy probably faster internet), or head down to any shopping mall.

Players go to internet cafes here for the same reasons people will pay ten times as much to drink booze at a bar or club instead of buying it in a supermarket and drinking it at home.

• cociucociu Member

theroyalstudent said: My plan runs at 48USD

for 48 usd /mo you got in romania 4x1gbps line (residential , upload limitend and nothing guarantee but download almost always is +500 mbps

• @cociu said:

theroyalstudent said: My plan runs at 48USD

for 48 usd /mo you got in romania 4x1gbps line (residential , upload limitend and nothing guarantee but download almost always is +500 mbps

Haha nice, here for $44 you can get 2*1Gbps, upload is not full 1Gbps so I think bonding is needed to attain that.

1Gbps is available here for $28 too, from another ISP.

Can't wait until 10Gbps residential (crazy!!) becomes the mainstream here, it's gonna take a while. Currently priced at $139...

• noamannoaman Member

@Rami said:
    My connection at home is 4M/1M (Not 24M) with 200GB bandwidth and I'm still a live :D

You should be thankful for what you have

Same here..but the band with is 300gb..but it costs just 20$ per month ..

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited May 2016

@shovenose said:
    Internet cafes? This is 2016 dude. Try Starbucks!

I thought that Starbucks was driven by deceptive advertising and mindless zombies who want to "fit in with society." Who goes there for the crappy WiFi anyway?

• OP does not know how to create a poll correctly for sure.

• OP has activity on another forum (thanks @sdglhm for the ping):

Sri Lankan Server on a maximum Speed ​​80Mbps / Indian Server on 2Gbps, US, UK, GERMANY Servers of 5Gbps

Yeah we totally have Indian servers @ 2Gbps in existence haha. I'm smelling bullshit all over the place, the thread didn't go very well I suppose?

I can't understand anything else on the thread, not translated properly so here's the source:

http://m.ekathuwa.org/අන්තර්ජාල/5781-මුලු-අවුරුද්දම-නොමිලේ-web-hosting.html