Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i move from VestaCP to cPanel ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Should i move from VestaCP to cPanel ?

DianTamaDianTama Member

Hi There,
I need some advice here.

Right now i host 9 Website ( 4 Active Website ) in my VPS using VestaCP. But i was thinking to move from using VestaCP to cPanel. Considering Cost = Efficiency is it worth to move from VestaCP to cPanel ? If yes why, if not why.

Thanks Before.

Poll not found

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
      edited May 2016

If you have the money to spare each month sure? What specifically do you mean "efficiency" though? Pretty sure Vesta would be quite a bit more lightweight.

• @EVM_Mike said:
      If you have the money to spare each month sure? What specifically do you mean "efficiency" though? Pretty sure Vesta would be quite a bit more lightweight.

By the feature that cPanel vs vestaCP offer is it good to spend $13/m ?

@DianTama said:

@EVM_Mike said:

By the feature that cPanel vs vestaCP offer is it good to spend $13/m ?

If you like ease of access and automation then yes, it's definitely worth it. I run most of my important sites through cPanel.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
      edited May 2016

Ask yourself these questions:

Which one do you expect to jump to action at 3AM to start working on a major security issue? Which one is going to be there for you at a moment's notice when something breaks?

It's all about how much it's worth to you.

Thanked by 1lifehome
    • LeeLee Veteran

cPanel is not perfect by any means, but in comparison overall to VestaCP the winner will always be cPanel when it comes to features, ease of use, security and so on.

Of course the question I would ask is why you are considering the move, are you unhappy with VestaCP, if not and it does what you need it to do why incur the cost.

• Go for cpanel, not my money, so spend it.

• sysamysysamy Member

I am using centos web panel and it is working well. Everything seems fast so far. I installed csf for security and it seems to be doing it's job. Plus, I like that centos web panel has softaculous so I can easily install wordpress, shopping carts, other blogs pretty easily. It comes with hosting email and dns, but I use other providers for that.

• Yes

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@jarland said:

Which one do you expect to jump to action at 3AM to start working on a major security issue? Which one is going to be there for you at a moment's notice when something breaks?

cPanel is more likely to be there ;)

• @jarland said:

Well if for security reason i'll trust cPanel

@Lee said:
      cPanel is not perfect by any means, but in comparison overall to VestaCP the winner will always be cPanel when it comes to features, ease of use, security and so on.

Of course the question I would ask is why you are considering the move, are you unhappy with VestaCP, if not and it does what you need it to do why incur the cost.

Currently i have no problem with vestaCP but sometimes i got annoyed by some feature that not working..

• AmitzAmitz Member
      edited May 2016

Have you considered the free, but very powerful VirtualMin yet? I replaced cPanel with VirtualMin on several servers and am quite happy with the decision.

Thanked by 1sin
    • I wouldn't host any critical stuff on VestaCP. Its still very buggy and does weird stuff sometimes.

@Amitz said:
      Have you considered the free, but very powerful VirtualMin yet? I replaced cPanel with VirtualMin on several servers and am quite happy with the decision.

I haven't looked into Virtualmin too much but does it have a way to manage mail easily? (e.g. create/view accounts and mail, forward

• AmitzAmitz Member

EVM_Mike said: I haven't looked into Virtualmin too much but does it have a way to manage mail easily? (e.g. create/view accounts and mail, forward

Sure. It does practically all that cPanel does. Far more than VestaCP can. It just looks a bit different. Try it on a test machine once! It's worth it!

@Amitz said:

EVM_Mike said: I haven't looked into Virtualmin too much but does it have a way to manage mail easily? (e.g. create/view accounts and mail, forward

Sure. It does practically all that cPanel does. Far more than VestaCP can. It just looks a bit different. Try it on a test machine once! It's worth it!

Am now, I did test it really briefly but didn't look through everything. I definitely like the whole interface for Virtualmin though.

• AmitzAmitz Member
      edited May 2016

When coming from cPanel, some things seem "uncommon" on VirtualMin and you have to get used to it. Still, after having using it for some months now, I do not look back.

If I had customers to entertain, then I would probably still choose cPanel. But for private servers, VirtualMin has become my panel of choice (if a panel is needed at all for the specific use case). I really love how VirtualMin does not "take over" your whole server like cPanel does.

Thanked by 1MikeA
    • It depends on who will be using it. Cpanel has way more features, offers support and basically you can't go wrong using it. For some people it's overkill though. Vestacp gets the basic tasks done and should be enough for a regular user who doesn't understand half of what he's doing anyway :).

• @Amitz said:

VirtualMin ? i never try that but maybe i'll look into it

@PremiumN said:
      I wouldn't host any critical stuff on VestaCP. Its still very buggy and does weird stuff sometimes.

Yep, and thats why i ask you guys should i move or not ;D

And for now, i think i have another option.. Plesk how about plesk ?

• i prefer kloxo-mr 7. rich of features and it's free ;)

• +1 for centos-webpanel

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: Which one is going to be there for you at a moment's notice when something breaks?

I'm thinking neither. I've opened cPanel tickets before :-)

Thanked by 1zafouhar
    • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

raindog308 said: I'm thinking neither. I've opened cPanel tickets before :-)

Interesting. My experience with cPanel's support has been top notch.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Awmusic12635 said:

raindog308 said: I'm thinking neither. I've opened cPanel tickets before :-)

Interesting. My experience with cPanel's support has been top notch.

Mine as well. Probably the best ticket support I've ever experienced for what I pay. I often pay the $30 for priority just because I feel like they deserve more money for the support they give me.

Thanked by 1vimalware
    • tvtaddytvtaddy Member

I am a cpanel user, I recommend it as it is quite user friendly but I can say anything about VestaCP as I haven't used it.

• sugengsugeng Member

I've tried both of them. I think VestaCP is easier tp use and mantain for private websites but cPanel is far better than VestaCP. Go for it if you are able to afford it. Or you can go for Virtualmin free which is better than vestacp. If you want to go to another paid panel, there are plesk & interworx which are cheaper than cpanel

• AmitzAmitz Member
      edited May 2016

Wow. I am massively surprised by your support experience with the cPanel team. Mine was miserable most of the time. Incredible. I feel like a piece of shit now. Thank you for that. But I must admit that my last contact with their support took place years ago. Maybe something has changed in the meantime, which would be really good for everyone.

• mgilangmgilang Member

If you plan to have more website and there will be more advanced customization then go for cpanel. top notch support until any issue solved.

• sinsin Member

For free panels I usually recommend Virtualmin over VestaCP just because Virtualmin has been around for quite some time and has proven that they are here to stay and have a good track record. Their new theme also makes Virtualmin look beautiful too :) combine that with all the amazing features and a solid support forum and you have a great free panel.

Thanked by 2vimalware Amitz
    • AmitzAmitz Member

@DianTama said:

@Amitz said:

VirtualMin ? i never try that but maybe i'll look into it

@PremiumN said:
      I wouldn't host any critical stuff on VestaCP. Its still very buggy and does weird stuff sometimes.

Yep, and thats why i ask you guys should i move or not ;D

And for now, i think i have another option.. Plesk how about plesk ?

Plesk is nothing but a big pain in the ass. Just avoid it.

Thanked by 1jaypeesmith
    • If cost is an issue, consider Interworx. It's a bit cheaper and a very good, well supported control panel.