Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No IPv4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No IPv4

support123support123 Member
edited February 2013 in General

There has been ip shortage in Incero.I have now many orders pending because of that.Any server reseller facing that problem?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

Was this what Gordon told you directly?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
  • yes,I asked about more IPs.He told me
    "No we can't do anymore until we get more from ARIN."
    Have you faced that?

• You mean your services are not valid justification for assigning more IP's?

@ftpit said: Have you faced that?

No but I am pending the second half of a large allotment when I reach 90% of usage of the first half. Wouldn't be thrilled to find out that I couldn't get it in a reasonable time frame. Granted I would hope that he's reserved IPs for cases like that and simply not accepting orders for more.

• support123support123 Member
    edited February 2013

@blergh_ Nope.He knows me personally.Looks like this is a real issue,until someone using them confirm me otherwise.Ipv4 pool is deleting already.You can see high price in leaseweb

edited February 2013

@jarland said: No but I am pending the second half of a large allotment when I reach 90% of usage of the first half. Wouldn't be thrilled to find out that I couldn't get it in a reasonable time frame. Granted I would hope that he's reserved IPs for cases like that and simply not accepting orders for more.

They will give only with new servers :) I guess not many ips even with new servers

Well I'm sure he's doing the best he can with swapping over to his own IP space. Gotta prioritize.

• Actually,it happened when someone posted about us somewhere and orders came like rain and had to use all my reserved ip and now many orders pending.Looks like I have to cancel all the pending orders now

• @jarland said: Well I'm sure he's doing the best he can with swapping over to his own IP space. Gotta prioritize.

Yes,it happened to me before.Jordan W. told me there is no ip when I asked him about a week ago,but later gordon arranged me some ips .

@ftpit said: Actually,it happened when someone posted about us somewhere and orders came like rain and had to use all my reserved ip and now many orders pending.Looks like I have to cancel all the pending orders now

I highly recommend not taking orders you can't fulfill with currently allotted resources. Personally it's been a big turn off for me when a company has accepted my order for something they didn't have.

• Yes,I am going to do that now

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I have enough for what I need for a little while.

Though I was talking to Gordon for a while about the issue. Has to renumber couple thousand IPs that he is renting before ARIN would approve his request for more. Stuff like that can take a while.

Last time I asked he is short on larger blocks but if you ask he mentioned he has a bunch of smaller ones /29 /28 if I recall.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

@Fliphost said: Has to renumber couple thousand IPs that he is renting before ARIN would approve his request for more.

Not sure if this applies, but as of January, they removed the requirement for small multihomers.

https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2012_5.html

• @ftpit said: Any server reseller facing that problem?

Nope, I just got another /24 from EGI. I just needed to give them some money.

edited February 2013

@mnpeep said: Nope, I just got another /24 from EGI. I just needed to give them some money.

I think no body is going to give IPs for free specially V4

• @ftpit said: I think no body is going to give IPs for free specially V4

Fiberhub gives you a /25 with a full rack colo.

edited February 2013

@mnpeep said: Fiberhub gives you a /25 with a full rack colo.

Really.They are nice price wise,but last time they kicked me in their payment verification process(their sister site versaweb :)
    Do you have any real experience with firehub?

• @ftpit said: Really.They are nice price wise,but last time they kicked me in their payment verification process(their sister site versaweb :)

Do you have any real experience with firehub?

I might expand there once my rack in SJ is full. Last time I checked, EGI doesn't have any 40A racks available. Fiberhub also gives you free metered PDUs to use :D

• @ftpit said: Any server reseller facing that problem?

Yes.

• @mnpeep said: I might expand there once my rack in SJ is full. Last time I checked, EGI doesn't have any 40A racks available. Fiberhub also gives you free metered PDUs to use :D

I heard some latency with issues with them.I think buyvm also colocate there

• Any more details like ETA ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ftpit said: I heard some latency with issues with them.I think buyvm also colocate there

We colo in fiberhub and while some paths change, abovenet should smooth out whatever last latency issues might come up.

We had worse latency in EGI to be honest. Mainland China was ~350ms because they refused to give us more than HE outbound routes. They're doing the same to @mnpeep as far as I know and likely anyone else that's a carry over from their Fremont -> SJC move.

FH isn't perfect but they at least admit their faults and work to address everything they can :) That goes a long way.

Francisco

edited February 2013

@Francisco said: We colo in fiberhub and while some paths change, abovenet should smooth out whatever last latency issues might come up.

We had worse latency in EGI to be honest. Mainland China was ~350ms because they refused to give us more than HE outbound routes. They're doing the same to @mnpeep as far as I know and likely anyone else that's a carry over from their Fremont -> SJC move.
    FH isn't perfect but they at least admit their faults and work to address everything they can :) That goes a long way.
    Francisco

Price wise they are one of the best and cheapest.I would move there one day for sure

• @Francisco said: the same to @mnpeep

Yup. :(

Abovenet is due very soon (end of month?) as mentioned so routes should prove a lot to Asia.

FH is growing very fast, likely faster than they ever planned so sometimes they're a little behind on non critical tickets. If and when you break something though, they're quick. They will hire more help soon I gather but I see it being hard to find someone that fits their way of doing things.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@qps not sure. Just sent it his way , will see what he says.

edited February 2013

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/supremebytes-1024mb-openvz-6-50-monthly-in-new-jersey/

Damien:
    I am sorry to everyone who is waiting for their VPS this morning. We’re waiting for an IP allocation from our datacenter. Everyone should have their VPS setup within the next two hours!

So I am not alone facing it.They are with interserver.Looks like people are facing the IP shortage heat slowly one by one specially the small DCs.IPv6 should be implemented on war footing now or everyone will run out of IPs very soon like within 2-3 years

• @ftpit said: 2-3 years

I expect an even shorter duration.

@ftpit said: very soon like within 2-3 years

HAH! you wish it was 2 - 3 years.

While ARIN might be in cheapo mode right now, it's only a matter of time before the big abusers get the swing of the new allocation policies and ramp back up.

OVH.us any month now will clean house.

Francisco