Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RaxWeb VPS Sponsorship Opportunity x 3! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RaxWeb VPS Sponsorship Opportunity x 3!

Comments

• @shovenose said: This is an example of what to look forward to if you get a VPS with RaxWeb:

Michael,

We have 3 clients left in LA, there's nothing we can do about this downtime as it's not hosted on our network but with GorillaServers.

I've made the offer to move you to a new location and credit your account.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@NickO that would be fine for me; where did you offer that?

• @shovenose said: that would be fine for me; where did you offer that?

Please check your tickets.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Hard to do when Outlook.com is down :(

• @shovenose said: Hard to do when Outlook.com is down :(

Not your luck today, huh :)

• @Taylor said: using technology

Wow! I would have never guessed!

• @Zen said: Process would be > (enter .torrent/magnet > wait > get download)

That would actually be kind of cool however a large part of the users would be using it do download illegal torrents.

• @Zen said: Yeah, I'm willing to code a free to use web based torrent downloader (in case you are blocked by countries like for example the UK and piratepay + torrent traffic blocks).

Process would be > (enter .torrent/magnet > wait > get download)

That's a pretty cool idea.

• SyedSyed Member
    edited February 2013

@Zen said: Process would be > (enter .torrent/magnet > wait > get download)

So like this? bitlet.org/ but with magnet links

• I would like to start an open twitter archive service.
    Users can:

• add public timelines (user names)
    • add queries (search terms)
    • add consumer_keys for load balancing
    • add tweets to the database by importing twitter api json results
      All stored into a public database (MongoDB) where everyone can search and download the results in json format.

No registration and anyone can add his own mongodb to the replica set.

• I would like to start a free hosting service for small gnu projects.
    Many of small / initial developer talent die due to they are able not reach to outer world just because of can't afford hosting of their website.

• @realweb said: I would like to start a free hosting service for small gnu projects.

Many of small / initial developer talent die due to they are able not reach to outer world just because of can't afford hosting of their website.

Inception :D

• @realweb said: I would like to start a free hosting service for small gnu projects.

And they have bornin.asia :)

• make a android app where u can chat and a forum where latestdeals in your respective city and offers with coupons will be displayed there. so how's my idea .

• Tapatalk and groupon?

• @wlanboy said: I would like to start an open twitter archive service.

Users can:

• add public timelines (user names)
    • add queries (search terms)
    • add consumer_keys for load balancing
    • add tweets to the database by importing twitter api json results
      All stored into a public database (MongoDB) where everyone can search and download the results in json format.

No registration and anyone can add his own mongodb to the replica set.

I like :)
    PM has been sent.

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited February 2013

I guess I can try my hand :)

1) LookingGlass
    Version 2 will be released within the next couple of days which is a complete overhaul... I've been spending my free time for the past week re-doing LG.

2) OnePanel
    Multi-server control panel (any SolusVM controlled VPS)... In other words a complete abstraction of SolusVM (API and manual actions), meant for users with VPSs from multiple companies/locations.
    It's been in personal use for a few months now, but I'm in the process of updating the code and releasing it publicly.

3) Nginx Watch
    Released the initial version, but I need to make the process into a daemon which ties into Nginx.
    It's pretty much a watcher script that allows web devs to edit a Nginx configs within their working directory and automatically apply the changes (reload Nginx, and alert on error)... Its saved me a lot of time!

That about does it for current projects aimed at VPSs and LEB/LET. (Still plenty more aimed at other markets).

PM for a demo if you wish

• @telephone said: 2) OpenPanel

Multi-server control panel (any SolusVM controlled VPS)... In other words a complete abstraction of SolusVM (API and manual actions), meant for users with VPSs from multiple companies/locations.
    It's been in personal use for a few months now, but I'm in the process of updating the code and releasing it publicly.

Sounds awesome!

• Okay might be a stupid idea blow me up if you wish to do it. It is something along the lines of Nikki's LowEndPing but a bit more complex I think so anyways.

So here goes a site to monitor a provider's node's uptime and if it goes down it sends the provider an sms message.

Simple thus far, I know but it will be publicly available so people could check the site instead of having to open the numerous threads here asking if is this provider down. The sms could be handled through gmail as it can be set to send sms in the chat area.

I know there is uptime robot, and pingdom, etc.... that do this already but this would be a free service to LET/LEB providers only. Of course this would have to be done by a reputable member.

Just an idea not saying it is a good one. Just something I have been kicking around since seeing Nikki's LowEndPing thread.

Have a good day/night everyone.

• CVPS_LucCVPS_Luc Member
    edited February 2013

Hey,

We would be very interested in sponsoring on free monitoring system. Sounds like a nice project and yes, monitors like pingdom and so on are far from cheap.

I am ready to offer 3x this vps package for any interesting or innovative idea.

2GB OpenVZ VPS
    2048MB Ram
    50GB Diskspace
    2.0TB Bandwidth
    100Mbps Port
    1xIPv4 Address
    SolusVM/OpenVZ
    In any of our locations

Feel free to contact me about this and give me your idea if you don't want to post it up here.

Thanks,
    ChicagoVPS.net
    [email protected]

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

@telephone said: 2) OpenPanel

This please...

• @telephone said: I guess I can try my hand :)

:) PM'd you.

• I'm sure OpenPanel would benefit loads of users here!

• Yes. Though the screenshot seems to have more features and information in it.
    And it never hurts to have alternatives. :)

• @NickO
    Thank you.
    PM sent too.

• First off, that was a typo on my part, it's suppose to be "OnePanel" ;)

Second, in essence it's similar but where it differentiates is SolusVMController is only API based which has limited functionality/stats. Where as the one I made is a full abstraction layer * (all actions are replicated).

* E.g. If you want to mount a new image for KVM, no problem. Same thing with enabling RDNS, TUN/TAP, etc... All of it can be done without logging into SolusVM.

• @telephone said: similar but where it differentiates is SolusVMController

Will be interesting to see where this goes ;)

• @telephone: http://blog.soluslabs.com/2013/01/07/welcome-to-2013-its-a-busy-year-ahead/

The first few releases of SolusVM this year are going to be major upgrades including a brand new client area that’s been built from scratch. Some of the features include an access level system allowing you to control what your clients do, whether allowing them access to all the functions or just the option to issue a reboot. Also included will be a new client API that incorporates ALL the functions that can be performed within the client area. This will allow you to build your own client apps with full functionality.

• @murky Thanks I didn't see that... I'll just have to release mine first :P

Anyway, I don't expect those changes for at least a few months (if not longer), and I'll gladly welcome the changes when they arrive.