Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Psychz or Incero in Tx
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Psychz or Incero in Tx

DapKilnDapKiln Member
edited April 2016 in Help

I'm down to the wire in decisions for the month my last one is if I should go with Incero or Psychz in Dallas. i know Incero has most of the neutral datacenter in Dallas but who really offers the best service anyone has past experiences with either and can shed some light? not dealing with 1 unit or 10 units im more going to be 5 cages to 6 cages at least so need advise in terms of network and price. If anyone knows any other provider that can offer racks or rows maybe a row of 1/2 cabs even please let me know my budget for 5 cabinets is 2,500 a month depending on what else can be offered with it bw and stuff like that.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

My recommendation is for @Incero

Thanked by 3Junkless Rhys ryanarp
  • We have a rack in August steel and are professionals note that my vote is for @incero

• Incero is no doubt bigger in Dallas and has pretty much the whole right quadrant of the Data Center but nevertheless my vote goes with Psychz simply because I've have used Incero and I started off with Psychz they've always done me right even with me transferring most of my cabinets directly with Carrier-1 never had problems. Don't take my recommendation heavy because like I said I've never used Incero.

You have that $2,500 budget for 5 individual cabinets right not cages? Private cages will run you way more but if you need 5 cabinets within that shoot me a pm I can get you something.

Thanked by 1DapKiln
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2016

Are you looking for 5 half cabinets or 5 cabinets that have 2 half cabs each? You are lacking some key details such as power and bandwidth requirements. Additional details will help many of the providers in here assist you. Incero provides free remote hands, which is of value to those with a budget. Incero also provide free cross connects to cogent if you are needing cheap bandwidth for your cabs without paying cross connect fees. I am sure many of the above are happy to assist you with additional information.

Thanked by 2support123 DapKiln
  • @ryanarp said:

how much full cab costs and comes with what specs ?

edited April 2016

@support123 said:
    how much full cab costs and comes with what specs ?

You can e-mail their sales department for a quote.

• Ill email all the sales lines to see who can give me the best deal free remote hands is always good.

Thanked by 2ryanarp VyprNetworks
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

DapKiln said: free remote hands is always good

Not really free but included in your monthly fee...

• @ryanarp said:

Guess I should have contacted you first :( I already got quarter cabinet in carrier 1 with another provider .I will contact you again when this one fill up.how many hours free remote hand per month ?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2016

While I have a bias in favor of Incero, I am able to put that aside briefly and just share the facts.

I am a customer of both Incero and Psychz in the same facility. Incero has the better network, I've had one power issue with Psychz (not major, still not really sure what happened, didn't press for investigation), Psychz has DDOS protection and lower prices. Psychz network is still more than fine and I get no complaints of its quality.

I don't see a bad choice among the two. If DDOS protection were not an issue I would pick Incero every time.

• support123support123 Member
    edited April 2016

@jarland said:

Remote hand is costly in Psychz, though I have not any need for one yet :)
    Gordon should invest ddos protection as they got bandwidth already .

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@support123 said:
    Remote hand is costly in Psychz, though I have not any need for one yet :) Gordon should invest ddos protection as they got bandwidth already .

I would guess they don't have someone employed working at the datacenter, probably a noteworthy line item when shopping between the two. Depends on your needs of course. For me, if a server catches fire I'm good, I'll have it replaced that day from backups.

• VyprNetworksVyprNetworks Member
    edited April 2016

@jarland said:
    I would guess they don't have someone employed working at the datacenter, probably a noteworthy line item when shopping between the two.

Psychz does not have on site technicians in Dallas the techs are paid through carrier-1 which is why Psychz has high remote hands fees. You can always hire your own on site techs though.

If your server catches fire you can always ping me ill put the fire out for you for a small fee of $500 lol.

edited April 2016

through carrier 1 ?

edited April 2016

@support123 said:
    through carrier 1 ?

VyprNetworks

Yes the technicians that do remote hands for Psychz are not paid by Psychz they are paid through the Data Center which is named Carrier-1. When I first purchased some cabinets directly through Carrier-1 I spoke with one of the technicians who was helping me assemble my cabinets and he mentioned to me they were paid through the Data Center not on Psychz payroll. He also mentioned its a complicated situation when it comes to who they exactly work for.

edited April 2016

To clarify in comparison, Incero has an office on-site with day and night staff directly employed by Incero. So when you use Incero remote hands you will be working directly with Incero staff. This helps cut out a lot of the delayed back and forth that happens when you use the DC as a middle man.

Thanked by 1support123
  • @ryanarp said:

any plan on ddos protection in future ?

edited April 2016

@ryanarp said:
    To clarify in comparison, Incero has an office on-site with day and night staff directly employed by Incero. Our office overlooks the DC and I have yet to see a fire :) So when you use our (Incero) remote hands you will be working directly with Incero staff and potentially myself. This helps cut out a lot of the delayed back and forth that happens when you use the DC as a middle man.

Were you sitting up there by the windows Monday morning about 6 or 7 AM with peanuts on the desk lol.

Psychz usually takes a bit to get to any remote hands issues when I first started with them I have some issues a few times with remote hands being a bit slow this is probably because of the dc team being remote hands but still in all it was pretty swift but not switch enough for me to not hire my own on site techs . This could potentially be a deal breaker with psychz or incero though if your a real remote hands user. So I guess it would come down to exactly what you need with the cabinets.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

VyprNetworks said: Were you sitting up there by the windows Monday morning about 6 or 7 AM with peanuts on the desk lol.

Was this a question?

• Had to pick between the two Psychz and Incero. Went with Psychz, because of DDoS protection and lower price. I've been on Incero's network in the past and I find it better than Psychz. Psychz support is fast but not the best support out there, so if you are not on a tight budget and don't need DDoS protection, go with Incero. If not, Psychz isn't bad either.

edited April 2016

VyprNetworks said: Were you sitting up there by the windows Monday morning about 6 or 7 AM with peanuts on the desk lol.

Nope, that is a bit too early for me :) Also a bit creepy with the detail ;)

@support123 said:

@ryanarp said:

any plan on ddos protection in future ?

Incero offers auto null, and various flood protections free of charge across the network. We also offer custom mitigation solutions. With AutoNull if one of your VPS customers gets an attack, the offending customer can be nulled so that your switch port to rack won't be saturated causing downtime for other clients in your rack.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Tierpoint is a place you could consider if your looking to work with a nationwide operator. We've been with Tierpoint since they were Colo4 10+ years ago.

Thanked by 1support123
  • thanks for all the good feedback

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

We have a Layer2 network back to Los Angeles that gets you low latency routes to Asia ;)

We also have an employee that moved out to Dallas, TX from Los Angeles, CA to assist in the growing demand of our deployments.

Our current arrangement with Remote Hands has been spectacular and you still get majority of tasks done free.

As demands grows in Dallas, TX we will be adding more employees as needed.

Thanked by 1support123
    edited April 2016

@PhotonVPS said:

Hope so remote hands gets affordable :) It is not mentioned in your website what is the network blend in Texas.

edited April 2016

@jbiloh said:

I guess they are best enterprise level customers not for half cab or quarter cab lol

• DapKilnDapKiln Member
    edited April 2016

Can anyone beat $22 per hour and minimum 15 hours a week in remote hands? Receive a quote today 5 cabs 2 with 100tb bandwidth 3 with 50tb bandwidth 20a over 120v each including 5 pdu for 20 a month rental each and a remote hands of 22/hour if i purchase a minimum of 15 hours a month also including a /27. all this for 2,800 a month.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@PhotonVPS said:
    We have a Layer2 network back to Los Angeles that gets you low latency routes to Asia ;)

We also have an employee that moved out to Dallas, TX from Los Angeles, CA to assist in the growing demand of our deployments.

Our current arrangement with Remote Hands has been spectacular and you still get majority of tasks done free.

As demands grows in Dallas, TX we will be adding more employees as needed.

when that happened? last task was 24+ hours.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@DapKiln said:
    Can anyone beat $22 per hour and minimum 15 hours a week in remote hands? Receive a quote today 5 cabs 2 with 100tb bandwidth 3 with 50tb bandwidth 20a over 120v each including 5 pdu for 20 a month rental each and a remote hands of 22/hour if i purchase a minimum of 15 hours a month also including a /27. all this for 2,800 a month.

And your renewal rates?

Francisco

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @Francisco said:
    And your renewal rates?

Sneaky!