Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtWire?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtWire?

What has happened to VirtWire? I asked a question, but haven't received a response, I even opened another ticket, yet nothing. Its been over a week with no responses. I've never had any issues with them in the past.

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

For which product? NAT?

• jamesmejamesme Member
    edited April 2016

@davidgestiondbi said:
    For which product? NAT?

No, their Budget line.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@AutoSnipe : Ping.

• They are still operating fine. My last ticket is answered within few hours. Have 4 VPS with them, no problem at all.

• Guess it might just be a problem on my end then.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

I am also in contact with them regarding one particular ticket (problems with ip6tables modules in ovz). It's a regular EvoBurst OpenVZ system, i.e. not their LES/NAT service. The ticket started well on 4/6 but then I haven't heard anything for the last 6 days. I followed-up yesterday but didn't receive a reply yet.
    Maybe they currently have too many tickets or something else is eating up their time.
    So it's not only you, @jamesme. I am having the same 'problem' during the last week.
    But it's only regarding support tickets. The server itself is still running fine.

• mast3rmast3r Member
    edited April 2016

@jamesme @netrix @dfroe it seems all VirtWire sites are down at least as of now, though my VPS is still accessible. Anyone got any info on this?

• edited April 2016

@mast3r said:
    @jamesme @netrix @dfroe it seems all VirtWire sites are down at least as of now, though my VPS is still accessible. Anyone got any info on this?

Are they down? Seems to be up here, connecting from AS9506 in SG.

• Well damn, they're for me:

http://i.imgur.com/04IGKaF.png

Even Google's public dns resolvers are unable to resolve. Looks like they are having some severe network problems - or even worse.

$ dig @8.8.8.8 www.evobilling.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @8.8.8.8 www.evobilling.com
    ; (1 server found)
    ;; global options:  printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 533
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;www.evobilling.com.            IN      A

;; Query time: 39 msec
    ;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
    ;; WHEN: Sun Apr 17 14:21:13 2016
    ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 36

• Down for me too but VPSs still running

• BochiBochi Member

Everything up and running, but DNS is not correctly resolving in many cases.
    Was talking to @AutoSnipe earlier today, he is about to solve the problem with the nameserver.

• rubbish IDC... not refundable

• @ivanhao said:
    rubbish IDC... not refundable

I bought a cake from Walmart, ate a slice, found that I don't like the taste, brought it back to the store to find out they won't refund me. rubbish store... not refundable... must be scam!!!

• anonym_useranonym_user Member
    edited July 2016

I want to share my experience with evoburst/virtvire here with you guys.
    I bought a vps (evoburst) about 1.5 years ago. Everything went good, the vps was nice, the support friendly and fast, but... Since they updated their website and services to virtvire the support is terrible!

I bought the vps with support. I payed a lot more for the evoburst plan, but now they don't offer support via ticket anymore (like NAT VPS). If you open a ticket it will be closed and you get no answer.

I don't know what's up there, but I pay more for the evoburst vps and getting a NAT vps like support. May they thought "come we change our TOS nobody of the evoburst customers will notice that they well have no support via ticket anymore" .. to cut the costs.

I will move to another provider soon if I don't see any change with their support policy!

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited July 2016

I'll put this to the checkbox that was added a long time ago so I didn't have to repeat myself all the time, even to multiple tickets from the same user about the exact same thing.

If there's a announcement open about the issue at the time there is an issue, and the ticket has to do with the issue that is then described in the announcement, you would have then agreed to the fact that I can then close the ticket with no reply whatsoever.

Why you may ask? It's already out there, with all available information at the time to let everybody know at the same time.

EDIT;

And, in regards to this

anonym_user said: come we change our TOS nobody of the evoburst customers will notice that they well have no support via ticket anymore

Not that we have, but more pointing it out that it would be your responsibility to update yourself in your own time, noting that most providers have these exact lines in their Terms of Service.

• WHTWHT Member

@AutoSnipe said:
    I'll put this to the checkbox that was added a long time ago so I didn't have to repeat myself all the time, even to multiple tickets from the same user about the exact same thing.

If there's a announcement open about the issue at the time there is an issue, and the ticket has to do with the issue that is then described in the announcement, you would have then agreed to the fact that I can then close the ticket with no reply whatsoever.

Why you may ask? It's already out there, with all available information at the time to let everybody know at the same time.

Or translared for the op to understand it better: fu*k you, do not bother me am on vication.

• @AutoSnipe said:

EDIT;

And, in regards to this

anonym_user said: come we change our TOS nobody of the evoburst customers will notice that they well have no support via ticket anymore

Not that we have, but more pointing it out that it would be your responsibility to update yourself in your own time, noting that most providers have these exact lines in their Terms of Service.

Great to know that you don't want to keep your existing customers.
    I think every virtwire customer should know that :).

• See, now you are putting words in my mouth, but if you want to see it as that way, so be it you are fully entitled to your opinion on things. But, I am also fully entitled to close tickets about issues that are already discussed and to point out the fact that if you have opened a ticket about an issue, and checked that box up there, you have in part, closed it yourself.

Why you also may ask? I'm not online 24/7, therefore.. if an announcement is already created, people can then access that information at any time, rather than waiting for me to be online to then send them pretty much a copied and pasted answer. So, you see it's actually more productive for myself and customers for them to read the announcement area to see if there is anything posted there related to their service.

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited July 2016

If people don't get what they've bought. sigh

(Got seven of his NAT-VPS for several years and couldn't be happier with them.)

Thanked by 1anonym_user
  • @AutoSnipe said:
    See, now you are putting words in my mouth, but if you want to see it as that way, so be it you are fully entitled to your opinion on things. But, I am also fully entitled to close tickets about issues that are already discussed and to point out the fact that if you have opened a ticket about an issue, and checked that box up there, you have in part, closed it yourself.

Why you also may ask? I'm not online 24/7, therefore.. if an announcement is already created, people can then access that information at any time, rather than waiting for me to be online to then send them pretty much a copied and pasted answer. So, you see it's actually more productive for myself and customers for them to read the announcement area to see if there is anything posted there related to their service.

May there are questions you DO NOT discuss in the anountments? Like mine?

• @AutoSnipe , your LA server is still down from over month. What you can say about that when your last announce was on july 22 ?

Did they shutdown again? I can reach neither http://www.virtwire.com/ nor https://www.evobilling.com/

• I don't want to be the one in the tin foil hat but... I smell a... deadpool

• @SpicyPepper said:
    I don't want to be the one in the tin foil hat but... I smell a... deadpool

The quality has dropped over the past few weeks and months so it wouldn't be suprising anymore

• SpicyPepper said: I don't want to be the one in the tin foil hat but... I smell a... deadpool

I have a feeling this isn't your first LET account)

• @OpticalSwoosh said:

@SpicyPepper said:
    I don't want to be the one in the tin foil hat but... I smell a... deadpool

The quality has dropped over the past few weeks and months so it wouldn't be suprising anymore

They are not deadpool guys have some patience

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

simonindia said: They are not deadpool guys have some patience

Right. As if the waiting another few months is going to change anything about the extremely oversold nodes and crappy service and support.

Good luck waiting for your affiliate reimbursements though.