Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did Aldryic go?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where did Aldryic go?

AaronAaron Member
edited February 2013 in General

Aldryic used to be here... Has he gone away?!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@Aaron said: Aldryic used to be here... Has he gone away?!

Aldryic left back in June or so.

He got tired of things and found much better ways to entertain himself, like his new wife's bottom half.

Francisco

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

@Francisco How goes down under? ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

like his new wife's bottom half.

I read this as:

He'll be back in June.

• @Francisco said: like his new wife's bottom half.

Nice way of wording it, haha.

• He got too annoyed by @Maquonique and left

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said: He got too annoyed by @Maquonique and left

Did you mispell that on purpose?

Nah Mao was always a fun with person to Aldryic.

Fun fact, many of the policies Mao was against with us? Are enforced at his job. At least now he sees first hand :)

Far as I know Aldryic is working on a community of his own under the name 'churchofpony'. Not sure the target demographic.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Francisco
    I smell waco :)

• @Francisco said: Fun fact, many of the policies Mao was against with us? Are enforced at his job. At least now he sees first hand :)

Ha, ha :) I also noticed that he don't miss opportunity to mention company name, uncle, something something... with his new work related and how they DO things :) Infact he barely speak at LET lately without mentioning "Prometeus & Iperweb" unless he go into argument - then is again old him :)

• @Spirit so it's about time for you to start working for some provider, maybe then some of your philosophy will change too ;-)

• Money changes everything ;)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: Fun fact, many of the policies Mao was against with us? Are enforced at his job. At least now he sees first hand :)

A bit less restrictive I think, but yes, we do have rules :-)

@Spirit said: uncle

To quoque Spirit, fili mi!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@rds100 what for? I hope you don't prefer everyone blowing in same horn here? ;-)

@prometeus - si, ho anche! :/

• @Spirit said: Infact he barely speak at LET lately without mentioning "Prometeus & Iperweb" unless he go into argument - then is again old him :)

Are you sure it's a he? :p

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

Actually, I was a fan of prometeus since march last year when I became a customer. I did mention Uncle way before working for him. I work for him because I am a fan, not became a fan after joining.
    I am first a member of the community and after that working for prometeus. I work with him because I like him and his products.
    We have our disagreements, if two ppl agree in everything there is something wrong, but I do help other people, add to reviews, throw my 2 cents and even recommend other providers tho I tried to have almost everything with prometeus, we are not the cheapest around and dont intend to be, dont have large storage but cheap storage plans, have only one location, etc.
    Nobody is perfect, prometeus is not perfect either, nor Uncle, not to mention me.
    Back at Aldryic, he is the only person here I manage to end up hating, not because I have something against him, he has something against me.
    He used all his arsenal of insults, name calling, insulting meme's foul languange in impunity and, failing that, banned me on the 2nd of april last year. The ban was supposed to last 48 hours but he managed to extend it indefinitely somehow.
    I never called him names, in general, never replied to his ad-hominem attacks, just started a discussion about the bw problems buyvm had supported by many people with analogic modem-like throughputs and, instead of admitting there is something wrong, BuyVM put their Aldryic to bite me without actually addressing the legitimate concerns of their customers (at that time this place was an extension of frantech)
    See in this thread: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2045/openvpn-speeds-from-eastern-europe-from-various-providers/p1 As soon as other people started to confirm my theories about their bw commit and number of customers, Aldryic started attacking me without actually providing any proof on how 2 gbps will be enough for thousands of customers. He was hounding me for a long time while at that point I wasnt working for prometeus.
    Only half a year later joined him, had a vm with Prometeus from mid march, actually i started pointing out network problems in buyvm even before becoming a customer of prometeus.
    Francisco did a lot since then, one of the reason for moving from EGI is exactly this, this proves my point, but at that time nobody would believe me, they managed to ban me even after vedran confirmed with speedtests the existance of a VERY real problem.
    That is in spite of aldryic cursing, name calling, attacking me all the time while I maintained a civil conversation most of the time, but, guess what, BuyVM uber alles...
    If I were Francisco I wouldnt try to resurect the dead or speak of bias here.
    Nothing against the man and professional, nothing against BuyVM, as you probably saw I am among the supporters during their recent problems with FH, and the community voted Prometeus and BuyVM in top three last 2 polls, we are in EU, them in USA, we are 1/10 of their size and main business is NOT coming from VPSes but from corporate business and italian media streaming, even the Italian stock exchange needs Uncle's expertise, we are very different companies and not in real competition here.
    The only reason I criticized them then regarding BW problems is because they tried to hide them.
    Banning or overtaxing (later) relay Tor nodes which were unable to cause any complaints even tho they had some in their network for months, while Aldryic was supposed to keep them out, but the traffic was so low due to bad network, that were not even noticeable. The hidden reason behind that was that Tor relays were bound to use the traffic advertised while none of the concerns outlined were applicable (except the "moral" propaganda issues with CP and terrorism).
    I am really sorry that Francisco decided to talk of bias here when he managed to ban me outright under various pretexts, none of them true.
    As I said, I wouldnt try to raise the dead in his place.

• How do you find so much time to write all these big posts all the time? Don't you have a job to work at?

edited February 2013

@driverdotim said: How do you find so much time to write all these big posts all the time? Don't you have a job to work at?

Well, I see Francisco tries to open up the subject again, probably thinking people either forgot or were not around that time.
    I am forced to bring out the truth each time they will attack me.
    Thinking of making a standard post to get it out whenever accusations come up from BuyVM. I am sure they will not manage to ban me this time.
    Things changed.

• Is that an acquisition against @Francisco from a competitor?

edited February 2013

@driverdotim said: Is that an acquisition against @Francisco from a competitor?

I am not a competitor for Francisco as he is not a company nor am I. Aldryic's attacks were against me and me as a member of the community got banned, not prometeus.
    I do have a problem with Aldryic and I will always have, even tho time proved me right and he withdrew, things are not over between us and, volens-nolens, this does reflect upon buyvm as Aldryic was working there at that time, I proved him not only bad mannered, but also incompetent since he had under his nose for months Tor nodes that were supposed to be banned and he was the one taking care of that even tho i pointed him in numerous occasions to tools that would discover them automatically in seconds.
    One of the reasons he doesnt come here is because I would never let him off the hook for all his inhuman, at times, behaviour.

• So you are saying aldy is scared of you?

@driverdotim said: So you are saying aldy is scared of you?

Either that, or Francisco is keeping him in a tight leash.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2013

@driverdotim: You are not registered long enough to know those stories. Indeed, the situation with Aldryic and Maounique was complicated. They are both quite some characters of their own and collided. I still remember their argumentations. They were long and sometimes annyoing for bystanders. Aldryic could not post anything without Maounique poking him and vice versa. I like them both somehow. Maounique tends to take things too serious while Aldryic sometimes does not take things serious enough and rides the pony meme. Fran is a way more easy person to handle. Always friendly, mostly factual. All interesting characters. Nuff said. ;-)

Eh we've shown multiple times that we got bonded interfaces.

We also gave a full break down on WHT of the speed issues we had with EGI. It isn't our fault they only had a single 10 gig port to sustain a whole suite where at least 3Gbit/sec of it was sold to just 2 clients.

By the time pony went on the defensive was around the time EGI finished selling out 1090 and we started to have complaints come in the form of ticket. We replaced the switches and EGI simply changed our port priority for a few weeks to make us happy. Within a month though the speed issues returned and we simply waited to see what happened in Buffalo.

Buffalo helped prove that my deployment/configuration can stand up to the throughput without any issue. While vyatta doesn't take kindly to high PPS floods on e1000e NIC's, we replaced our setup in December and have been able to handle all that w/o issue.

Many users have reported large speed ups since we moved and we expect a lot more once I remove LACP from our setup in early March.

You can keep going on about the ban thing but if anything colocrossing owns a part of this place, not us.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: colocrossing owns a part of this place

WOW!How?

@Francisco no problem with you mate. I appreciate retiring Aldryic from here, as I said, he is the only one in many years to make me snap.
    That is not easy, but he managed, which proves he was quite a character.
    Regarding owning this place, that was a different story at that time. However, people attacking cvps/cc are not banned, at least I havent heard of anyone. The fact that I was banned exactly after that thread where I broke no rules but Aldryic was far from civilized, proves my point. Not to mention the lies about the reason and the extension of the 48 hours to indefinite.
    Things are clear now, as you probably saw I never attacked you about FH problems, I always maintained you are a stable and respectable provider and this is what i believe.
    I am sure Aldryic would have not behaved the same if things were to be reversed and I am sure you agree with me.
    This is not about providers attacking other providers, it is between me and Aldryic, as I said then, I am sorry BuyVM got in the middle.

@Maounique said: between me and Aldryic

As you said, you're easy to set off. All I had to do was say you use some policies like Ald's and your back is all arched up over it :P

I have no beef with you and I doubt Ald did, He simply saw someone he could poke at and get a jump. You did the same to him.

I expect if you came by CoP it would be a peaceful thing.

Francisco

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@Maounique give him break. That's history :) Let's not start something because of things happened in past. I am pretty sure that it's his own decision to limit own presence here, however it's still good to see him here and there to post something. Lets end it here. No need to dig further in past...

• uh oh here we go again lol

It's the ciirrrrcccclleeee of llllllllliiffffeeeee