Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who Can Sell Me a LEB for $15 a year like the Starter VPS at BuyVM? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who Can Sell Me a LEB for $15 a year like the Starter VPS at BuyVM?

13»

Comments

• @spirit you failed to tell us how you got those reports. I stand by what I say about abusive and fraudulent clients. The guy was playing games with us at my expense and that robs time from legitimate customers. I did not report him as fraud I reported it as staff/ticket abuse.

If he was a business in the USA I would report him to the BBB and Dun & Bradstreet for bad business conduct. If he owed us money I can report him to the credit agencies if I had to if it was a large sum owed.

It's just a tool and I probably report one out of 100 customers most of the time for chargeback or stolen PayPal accounts and spammers.

• @KuJoe said: I'll give a free VPS if somebody can help me find a house to rent, house hunting isn't fun. :(

Ill do it for free! I LOVE house hunting!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@FRCorey said: @spirit you failed to tell us how you got those reports.

Huh? What kind of question is that? It's publicly available data base and I have nothing to explain you here unless you want to made irrelevant argument about me instead your dumb unresponsible butthurted acts as business entity. Yes of course, some clients are dumb, some don't have skills to manage unmanaged server, etc... but when you put their data to such lists because some trivial reasons you act even dumber than they. Those two urls I used as example aren't reports because "chargeback or stolen PayPal accounts and spammers" but as you said because they wasted your time. Good reason to put you ex clients data to fraud report list... heh.

@FRCorey said: If he was a business in the USA I would report him to the BBB and Dun & Bradstreet for bad business conduct. If he owed us money I can report him to the credit agencies if I had to if it was a large sum owed.

This would be the right way, yes, but because there's nothing like that and those people are just a bit dumb or don't know it better, lets post them to public fraud report list, correct?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

@Spirit said: to public fraud report list

And lowendtalk.com is exclusively to talk about low end stuff? Nope. A domain does not always reflect the site's contents. This is where you are confused. He is not reporting those clients for fraud, he is reporting them for something else that is within the list of categories in their form. If that list was strictly for fraud it would not have 10 other categories to choose from.

As a provider, I appreciate having an idea of the potential client I am about to deal with rather than knowing absolutely nothing about them. His report is very helpful to unmanaged providers and if a provider is on the fence, can be the difference between wasting money or not.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@KuJoe said: As you pointed out, this is a great tool for both providers and end users because it shows providers what to expect from clients and show clients what to expect from providers.

I am wondering how will those end users feel when things will become more widely known and they will actually see what to expect from providers. (ie. dumb silly reports of their private data because they as example wasn't too much happy how support dealed with their case).

Oh. and btw. what makes Harzem apart from being moderator on some forum person who's tuested with other people private data. Is his fraud record list registered company (legaly responsible entity)? How can you even share your (ex?) client data with some publicly accessible PRIVATE list? Oh, because he put his word over internet that he made it "safe"?

edited February 2013

@Spirit said: I am wondering how will those end users feel

They will feel the same way providers feel when people post false negative threads on public forums, except that the FraudRecord reports will be private and will not cost the client money in missed sales.

A negative report on FraudRecord WILL NOT disqualify somebody for web hosting. If it does, then that client should find a better hosting company anyways.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@KuJoe I hope that you aware that you trust your (ex) client private data to some RANDOM person list on internet just because this random internet person guaranted how database work and there's nothing to worry. Whoever say that it's the same as Maxmind - it's not. Maxmind is registered legally responsible entity. Where's Fraud report list registered? Where's this "company" office? Who's representative? Oh, some random guy from internet who got cool idea, correct?

While you personally aren't from EU I am wondering how's all this with EU regulations. As we know EU have very strict privacy laws and hosts there basicly share clients private data with some unknown third party private entity. It's completely irrelevant that this person vouche over internet about "safety" of data shared with his site.

edited February 2013

This discussion has been had multiple times. No client information is submitted or stored.

Give ac2c739924bf5d4d9bf5875dc70274fef0fe54cf a call at d542e4bad3dbb13bcf0e31f484394997cd969b18 if you feel differently. ;)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@KuJoe said: This discussion has been had multiple times. No client information is submitted or stored.

Huh? It's completely irrelevant what few guys discussed about this over internet forums. And what some guy said about his private hobby toy over internet. You have only word of relatively anonimous guy how things work in background.

• @Spirit said: dumb unresponsible butthurted acts as business entity

I find it hard to see someone getting so angry over this on "someone else's behalf" unless they're the victim.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@Zetta said: I find it hard to see someone getting so angry over this on "someone else's behalf" unless they're the victim.

Ah, no - I have relatively good reputation with my +40 LEB hosts here I think and most of them know me (my forum nick appearance in connection with private data from client base) :) I have little box even with KuJoe (without need to open any support ticket so far :-) but I am not sure about all this fraud record toy usage of some hosts here, that's all. Seems too easy to get listed on some private third party database because most trivial reasons.

• @Spirit said: Seems too easy to get listed on some private third party database because most trivial reasons.

I don't see the problem, hosts can judge if they want to deal with the client by reading the stories/descriptions. And a hash doesn't store anything, it only checks something, therefore it is not infringing privacy.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@Mitchell said: And a hash doesn't store anything, it only checks something

Yes that's exactly what hash we see do. But:

You have only word of relatively anonimous guy over internet how things work in background.

I am not saying that he lie or anything like that and that actually isn't my dillema. It should be dillema of host when enter client private data into someones private third party site.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

"If he owed us money I can report him to the credit agencies if I had to if it was a large sum owed."

There's a huge difference between fraudrecord.com and credit agencies. Credit agencies in all countries are regulated by law in how they can use private information and there are strict guidelines in place that govern their operation.. FraudRecord is owned by a private individual who lives in another country (unless the customer also happens to be from Turkey) who is not subject to any government oversight on how his website uses the information submitted to it, and little is known about the person who is being entrusted with this information (other than "he's a nice guy", "he's a moderator on WHT", etc)

Corey of Front Range Hosting "The guy was playing games with us at my expense and that robs time from legitimate customers. I did not report him as fraud I reported it as staff/ticket abuse."

So you're admitting that you willfully and knowingly violate your own privacy policy which states that you only upload customers info to fraudrecord in cases where fraud has occurred? "Staff/ticket" abuse (and "trolling", "playing games") is not fraud and it does not fall under the legal definition of "stealing". Violating the terms of your privacy policy on the other hand is unethical.

Front Range Hosting privacy policy states:

"Fraud Record is used to ensure that customers are not known spammers or using known stolen Paypal accounts. NOTE: Your information is only shared if we detect fraud on your account. If you're a legitimate customer your information is checked, but never uploaded. We only upload names of accounts created that steal from Front Range Hosting."

Spirit said:

"Oh. and btw. what makes Harzem apart from being moderator on some forum person who's trusted with other people private data. Is his fraud record list registered company (legally responsible entity)? "

No fraudrecord.com is not a legally registered company. Client's info is being uploaded to a site owned by a private individual in another country (Turkey) . Fraudrecord also doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of adhering to the privacy laws in the country where its owner resides since it doesn't provide the customers who are reported with proper notification or a means to be removed. It is also violating Turkish laws by allowing hosts like Corey to upload information for purposes in which the customer has not consented to have their information shared with fraudrecord (i.e. according to the terms of Front Range Hosting's privacy policy, FRH and its customers are entering into an agreement that customer's information will only be uploaded in cases where fraud has occurred. FRH is uploading information for infractions like "staff abuse" in which no express consent has been given by their customers to have their information shared with fraudrecord)

Data privacy laws provided by Turkish constitution:

"The third paragraph of Article 20, added in 2010, specifically deals with data privacy as follows: "Everyone has the right to demand the protection of his personal data. This right comprises the right to be informed about the personal data concerning himself, access to such data, right to request correction or deletion of them as well as the right to be informed if such data is used in accordance with the purposes for which it was collected. Personal data can be processes only in cases regulated in a law and upon express consent of the subject individual."

http://www.whitecase.com/articles-04082011-1/#.USF8V4mve8p

The ethics of the people associated with fraudrecord.com has also been questioned

Chief said "Based on my dealings with Fraudrecord I wouldn't trust their database. Becomes ironic when a representative of Fraudrecord wants you to lie on their behalf."

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/5250/vpsnodebox-is-the-worst-vps-provider-i-have-ever-met/p2

If hosts are going to share information with fraudrecord they should remain in compliance with privacy laws by stating in their privacy policies that information may be shared with the 3rd party fraudrecord, and they should state the circumstances under which information will be shared. The privacy policies of the majority of hosts who have stated on various forums that they are using fraudrecord do not include any notice to their customers that their info will be shared with the 3rd party website fraudrecord.com

• @Spirit

I never posted any customer because they knew or did not know how to do something, they were playing games with us, not because they did not know how to use their VPS. They were trolling tickets period. The other one you listed was buying cPanel accounts and spamming from there, and had stolen information, course since you dont have it all you dont see our second report on the guy when paypal took the money back so I was out my cPanel license fee.

If someone does not know how to use something we set it up for them I dont kick their butts to the curb and fraud record them. You're insisting that I'm doing something that I'm not and it's getting rather irritating.

If you have a problem with the way I handle protecting my business that's fine, but you do not have the right to insinuate without any proof that I'm doing something I'm not.

Now please quit derailing threads.

• @MTUser2012 I apologize for people derailing this thread for their own purposes.

This discussion has been closed.