Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who Can Sell Me a LEB for $15 a year like the Starter VPS at BuyVM? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who Can Sell Me a LEB for $15 a year like the Starter VPS at BuyVM?

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Soylent said: Where exactly do you people think Atlanta is?

I lol'd

• @Soylent said: Where exactly do you people think Atlanta is?

I know that... In the USA! ;)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

It looks like you & Aldryic are a little confused on this case?

[10:58:09] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:
    Transfer was denied because it didn't meet eligibility. The guy that didn't want the VM anymore got a full refund
    [10:58:25] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:
    the guy that wanted the VM, I told him via ticket that if he wanted a 128 I'd create the order for him
    [10:58:27] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:
    he never replied
    [10:59:05] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:

redacted screenshot of the ticket since it has your name on it

[10:59:12] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:
    That's the guy that wanted to receive the transfer
    [10:59:15] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:
    ticket 766429
    [11:00:05] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:
    from the timestamps, it looks like instead of simply saying "yes, I'd like one", he created that thread
    [11:00:06] *Aldryic [CCBCU] shrugs
    [11:01:38] Francisco says:
    it looks like he wants one?
    [11:01:41] Francisco says:
    or am i misreading?
    [11:01:45] Francisco says:
    this guy i'm assuming is the OP
    [11:01:49] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:
    yup
    [11:02:06] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:
    I was just waiting on him to reply to the ticket confirming he wanted a 128OVZ before creating the order.
    [11:02:19] Aldryic [CCBCU] says:
    Ticket's still just sitting there in 'awaiting client response' status.

It's still on the table if you want it.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: It looks like you & Aldryic are a little confused on this case?

If this is pointed at me I'm willing to join your irc channel to clear this up :) I know it was messy with talking to you and to Aldryic at the same time.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Taylor Thanks for the mention :)

@taronyu said: If this is pointed at me I'm willing to join your irc channel to clear this up :) I know it was messy with talking to you and to Aldryic at the same time.

I'm not sure who's all involved in it, but at least the OP is :)

Aldryic still has the VPS waiting for the OP either way.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: I'm not sure who's all involved in it, but at least the OP is :)

Aldryic still has the VPS waiting for the OP either way.

Francisco

And me, I will explain you everything when you contact me on your irc (Don't know what you name is :p) I joined as Taronyuu

Don't want to go too much into offtopic.

@taronyu said: And me, I will explain you everything when you contact me on your irc (Don't know what you name is :p) I joined as Taronyuu

Don't want to go too much into offtopic.

It's none of my concern and entirely between you guys and Ald :) I'm just wanting to make sure the OP is fully aware of what's being seen on our end.

Francisco

• I will explain everything from my end so OP also knows what I know. Hopefully he can understand this.

I was searching for a year vps so I can use it for some command line clients. I wanted one in NY however there where none in stock so I decided to take one in Vegas. The connection was to "laggy" (it had to go around the world, so nothing to do with BuyVM) so I decided to sell it and let someone else enjoy your vps instead of sitting there idle for a year. I never even tought about asking a refund because I never tought I would get it. I asked you and Ald at the same time but never got a proper answer. Finally I sold it to the OP, he paid en I tought it was finished. Than he came back to me telling it wasn't possible to move the service. No problems, too bad for me but nothing I or he can do about it. Until someone (You or Aldryic) came into my topic I could ask for a refund and I asked for it.

in a nut shell, I got my refund so every server I got, or is waiting for me can be cancelled. OP has nothing to do anymore with my account and I don't got any services at BuyVM right now.

So far... LowEndHelpdesk :-)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

People are loving our new Denver location, I can't wait to fly out there next Tuesday. :D

• Trade VPS for lodging?

• I can do this in Los Angeles, email [email protected] if you are interested and/or have any questions.

Thanks,
    N. Serian

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@twain said: Trade VPS for lodging?

I think some guys here live in one.

@twain said: Trade VPS for lodging?

I'll give a free VPS if somebody can help me find a house to rent, house hunting isn't fun. :(

• @Dylan said: I'd recommend RamNode as well, but they're in Atlanta.

If you're looking for something closer, FrontRangeHosting is in Colorado Springs, and their 128mb VPS is $14.40/yr with a 40% off coupon:

https://www.frontrangehosting.com/wh/cart.php?a=add&pid=16&promocode=FRH40

Email sales @#@ frontrangehosting com for that discount.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member
    edited February 2013

meh

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

@Spirit. But be careful with them. You can find yourself, as client, reported at some public "fraud list" because some very trivial reasons like this guy https://www.fraudrecord.com/api/?showreport=a945965c6c92fff9"

There's a big difference between being a rude complaining client (or abusing a node by not following instructions and running a script that "breaks the VPS") and being a fraudulent client. Front Range Hosting violated their own privacy policy by reporting the client because their privacy policy explicitly states that they will only upload a client's information to FraudRecord.com if they detect fraud.

"Your information is only shared if we detect fraud on your account. If you're a legitimate customer your information is checked, but never uploaded. We only upload names of accounts created that steal from Front Range Hosting

http://www.frontrangehosting.com/privacy.php

If Corey can't deal with a rude customer without resorting to pettily filing a bogus report with a fraud database and violating the customer's privacy rights maybe he should stick to his day job at Verizon Wireless (or perhaps rather than spending time filing bogus reports Corey should be trying to clean up his IP addresses that are listed on both Spamhaus and RiskyInternet ) That client should file a complaint with the FTC and with the Colorado Attorney General against Front Range Hosting LLC for violating his privacy..

There was a service that was similar to FraudRecord.com a few years ago called BadCustomer.com that the FTC came down hard on for privacy violations. FYI, BadCustomer.com was later shutdown by the FBI because the company that ran the site's primary purpose in setting it up was to discourage the customers who they'd ripped off from filing chargebacks (see http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/bad-customer-i-works-scam-enforcer-busted-ftc-1282.php) FraudRecord.com is run out of Istanbul, Turkey by someone named Harzem ..it would be interesting to see what skeletons he has in his closet and what his real motivation for setting up the service was.

• $16/year
    128MB RAM / 128MB VSwap
    1 CPU
    7GB RAID10 HDD
    250GB Bandwidth @ Gigabit
    1 IPv4
    https://www.cloudshards.com/budgetvpshosting.php

• Lol sorry $19 a year!!!!! Drunk as a skunk!

edited February 2013

@DomainBop said: Fraudrecord.com is run out of Istanbul, Turkey by someone named Harzem

Harzem is a moderator on WHT, he setup FraudRecord as a tool for hosting companies since he saw the need for one (being a mod on WHT I'm sure he sees both sides of the coin in terms of bad hosts and bad clients, bad clients can go to any forum and publicly report bad hosts while hosts are bound by privacy laws/policies preventing them from doing the same). I hope nothing happens to FraudRecord, it's an excellent tool/resource for providers while also protecting client's at the same time.

• @curtisg said: I can do:

256MB RAM
    256MB vswap
    1 vcore
    Unmetered bandwidth
    $15/year

space also Unmetered/unlimited?? :D

• @curtisg said: Unmetered bandwidth

Unmetered? What speed?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@KuJoe said: I hope nothing happens to FraudRecord, it's an excellent tool/resource for providers while also protecting client's at the same time.

It seems also excellent revenge tool for immature butthurted providers without sense for reality. Some time ago someone at LET (was it you? or someone else?) suggested reporting of someone because he "complained" about his hosting exprience. It was evidently dumb forum complain, I can't deny that however as much as some of you like this public client database reporting tool you're also on good way to lost big part of credibility when clients also widely find out and register to this client base to see all kind of dumb non-FRAUD reports.

fraud

noun
    1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
    2. a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.
    3. any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.
    4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur

Reason for adding someones email, phonenumber and IP to some PRIVATE third party publicly available fraudlist database:

Emails would not work had them change it once and still did not work. If they order a cPanel license make sure their emails are not bouncing.

https://www.fraudrecord.com/api/?showreport=2b92d79393015246

Brilliant, just brilliant...

@Spirit It's not a perfect world, I'm sorry.

• @spirit was that you? Could you pay me back the cPanel fees I was out because of that person if it's you? If it's not you where are you getting these people's information because it's a one way hash into that database. Now you've brought up 2 different customers I have reported into fraud record so what's the deal, are you both people?

FraudRecord has different reports, Fraud, Stolen Credit Cards, Spammers, Ticket Abuse, Staff Abuse, a few more as well I cant name off the top of my head. I have yet to have a person who is labeled as a spammer not sign up for service and immediately start spamming, and these people get around Maxmind all the time, but as more hosts report them in FraudRecord we get more alerts about people's bad behavior.

I really dont appreciate you hijacking a thread because someone mentioned my service and telling someone to not use me because you disagree with my use of Fraud Record, in both cases they were not reported as fraud, they were reported for other behaviors listed above. We can delete reports that's why it lists our business names so people have a way to contact a host and work things out. It's totally up to them though, but I'm not some immature kiddie host using this tool, I'm trying to help other hosts avoid losing money that I lost and may never recover due to people's bad behavior and in some cases fraud.

Without these tools hosts would have to charge higher prices and people's VPS service would suffer because of increased resource usage of spammers and bot runners who get through the very large cracks that still exist.

Unless it's you who was reported you have no idea what these people did to get listed, I can assure you it's not petty, I dont have time to be petty about things.

• @FRCorey is right, I have reported a few people through this tool, but don't use it or rely on it.

One failed relationship with a provider, may work for another. So I would rather not rely on the competition to do my checks for me.

Not had a chargeback, or a abuse report in the past 6 Months.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@FRCorey it's not me of course. It's just dumb how some butthurted providers (I gave you as good example) (ab)use FRAUD REPORT database or lets say rather abuse ex clients which didn't do anything remotely close to deserve to be listed on FRAUD database. Sorry to say that but it's just silly or rather unresponsible this what you entered in some third party database.
    And don't worry - even with your attractive prices I don't have attempt to become your client. Not after I saw your fraud record entries. Just imagine, maybe I wouldn't be happy with service quality you provide (just hypothetical situation - I am not saying that you provide bad service) and maybe I would share negative experience with host on those pages and then... considering how you use this database tool there seems to be big posability that you would list me in some FRAUD record database as "bad" client. No, thanks!

• @KuJoe said: I'll give a free VPS if somebody can help me find a house to rent, house hunting isn't fun. :(

+1 100% true

@Spirit said: It's just dumb how some butthurted providers (I gave you as good example) (ab)use FRAUD REPORT database or lets say rather abuse ex clients which didn't do anything remotely close to deserve to be listed on FRAUD database. Sorry to say that but it's just silly or rather unresponsible this what you entered in some third party database.

The database is not just for fraud. The domain is misleading but if you look, there are tons of categories for things other than fraud in the database. I know it's hard to see the benefits of something like this as an end user, but as a company owner I look at this database completely different and support it 100%. Yes, there will be some bad apples but that's the same for ALL SERVICES. Heck, it's the reason why most providers don't allow TOR on their nodes because of the same exact reasons, because a small percentage abuse it. The major difference is that using FraudRecord cannot result in downtime or cost my money.

As you pointed out, this is a great tool for both providers and end users because it shows providers what to expect from clients and show clients what to expect from providers.

As others have said I have been saying since day one, this tool is not the end all for fraud and is not a MaxMind replacement by any means. It's to be used with other tools in a provider's toolbox to determine if the client will be a good fit or not.

I'll be the first to admit that I've used FraudRecord for things other than fraud, and I will continue using it for other things if it saves just 1 other provider headache from problem clients. A prime example is the client who was paying real money to DDOS his VPS, it wasn't fraud but I'm sure nobody else wants that client on their nodes.

This discussion has been closed.