Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with BGP session located in Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with BGP session located in Asia

avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2016 in Requests

Hi, I'm looking for VPS with BGP session located in Asia.

Please don't recommend following providers and any other listed in https://ip6.im/recommended-isp.html, thanks:

• Vultr (Deployed)
  • HostUS (Contacted, won't provide in HKG)
  • HostVirtual (Too expensive)
Thanked by 1galphanet

Comments

• ExpertVM in Singapore and Leapswitch in India, but both charge setup fee.

Thanked by 2aveline leapswitch
  • I know you listed HostUS above as not being suitable, but I have a session with them in Singapore if that works for you.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

What are your requirements? We can do BGP in HK. What else do you need though?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited April 2016

Ransom IT in Melbourne, Australia if you can deal with a little but more distance.

• we can provide your the service at malaysia or hongkong

• Hi, we can provide you this in Singapore. Please just send me a DM.

• FuslFusl Member

randvegeta said: What are your requirements? We can do BGP in HK. What else do you need though?

How much for KVM/VMWARE/XEN with 1GB RAM and around 2TB traffic on real 25Mbit or more (no unmetered 3Mbit things)? Default v4 and default v6 route if available.

@Fusl,

What kind of bandwidth do you need? Which destinations? Depending on the route, the bandwidth can be costly.

I would gernally say around US$50 - $250 /Month depending on route. Or $20 if your traffic is like all HK. But the cheaper stuff wont be good for most of China.

Thanked by 1aveline
  • FuslFusl Member

randvegeta said: What kind of bandwidth do you need? Which destinations? Depending on the route, the bandwidth can be costly.

International. No direct china. No HKIX.
    Not going to disclose exact routes as they are as always not predictable but just that it is not local traffic.

Should not cost more than 10$ per Mbit or around 50$ plus a server for extreme high quality bw.

@ Fusl,

Good international bandwidth is around $50 USD /mbit per month, indeed. Very often it costs more.

The cheaper routes comes from the US carriers like HE.net and Cogent, where they offer prices as little as US$3 /mbit (excluding any local loop/interconnect fees), but even that is for Gbit+ commitments. So realistically, on a low commitment, you wouldn't even get $10 /mbit.

We have some options for around HK$50 - HK$100 (US$6.50 - $13) /mbit per month, but definitely no direct china with that. But some direct routes to SG and JP.

• FuslFusl Member

randvegeta said: So realistically, on a low commitment, you wouldn't even get $10 /mbit.

HKNET/NTT charges not much more than that and is pure NTT for Asia (no DC obviously). Just BGP expensive.

I send you a pm.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

HD.net.NZ in Auckland, nz

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

@pbgben said:
    HD.net.NZ in Auckland, nz

Not sure when NZ became Asia :p

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Zappie said:
    Not sure when NZ became Asia :p

You need to walk around Auckland. Definitely Asia. ;)

Thanked by 2Zappie lifehome
  • @Fusl said:
    I send you a pm.

NTT quote us USD12/mbps with 100Mbps commitment at hongkong. If your NTT account manager can offer you much lower, can you introduce to us. So that we can bring the benefit you LET user as well.

@admsam,

$12 /mbit for 100Mbit is actually not too bad. Anything less than HK$100 per mbit for decent Asia bandwidth (excluding China) is quite reasonable. We don't use NTT, but as far as I am aware, they should be quite okay for Asia (exlcuding China).

@fusl, indeed, if you can get it for $10/mbit with a low commitment, then that's a steal of a deal. Will reply to your message now :-).

• randvegeta said: We don't use NTT, but as far as I am aware, they should be quite okay for Asia (exlcuding China).

Yes they are quite hit and miss for China traffic. Also $12Mbps in Asia on 100Mbps commit isn't terrible, if you commit to multiple Gbps you'll get the unit pricing down.

• Of cos we are expecting something much lower. We are trying to work out something to match the USA and Europe market. Many ppl always not understand that Asia bandwidth is at lease 10 times higher compare to USA and Europe.

Just if @fusl can get NTT with lower price, i am quite interest on this. I dont mind to pay for referral fee. I am serious on this. not a joke

@admsam,

You can get Cogent/HE.net for US$3 /mbit. But Asia traffic will be poor.

But the price of $3/$12 per mbit does not include any local loop or cross connect fees. So you gotta add that to the price.

• i know this. Ppl seek for asia server for asia route, not for usa route. Cogent has less peering at asia, while HE having too much congestion.

• FuslFusl Member

admsam said: NTT quote us USD12/mbps with 100Mbps commitment at hongkong. If your NTT account manager can offer you much lower, can you introduce to us. So that we can bring the benefit you LET user as well.

Default HKNET pricing on higher commit, no negotiatins needed.
    International NTT rep have no say in HKNET/HK, this is all done from HK and Japan.

• As you said, need higher commit. if you can commit 100mbps, we can give you below USD10.

@admsam, do you have HKIX or other local routes too?

You can do >$10 for NTT? Would you consider smaller commit?

• @randvegeta, we do have HKIX, we already have target provider. Just haven't make decision. But very soon. Is one of the global tier 1 telco.

@admsam,

We've been having a heck of a time with HE.net for the last 12+ hours. Their overseas routes are completely unusable in HK. At least for us. No idea what's going on. They're cheap but no matter how cheap they are, the downtime experienced is hardly tolerable for long.

Do you have HE.net? Are you experiencing this too?

• we dont use HE. Actually we are consider of GTT/Tinet.

• @admsam said:
    we dont use HE. Actually we are consider of GTT/Tinet.

Not sure GTT are that much better really...

• GTT support quite good. of cause, the asia route is not better than HE, NTT, TATA.

• GTT/Tinet have excellent route in USA and europe. Before i work with Gigsgigs, my ex-company using Tinet as one of the upstream. One of his client using GTT /Tinet route for iptv purpose.

• @admsam said:
    GTT support quite good. of cause, the asia route is not better than HE, NTT, TATA.

Hm, what about NWT in HK?