Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liquid Solution down time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Liquid Solution down time

tommytommy Member
edited February 2013 in General

anyone affect this down time ?

24 hours + downtime

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:
xxxx
Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Comments

• They had an hour or so of downtime yesterday, but no problems since then.

• AndreAndre Member
    edited February 2013

We will be performing kernel updates and reboots on the following nodes tommorow at Starting 12:30PM GMT:

Seattle4
    Seattle5
    Seattle6
    As FSCK would be run as well, the estimated downtime is 60 to 120 minutes untill all containers boot up, however I belive that we would be able to get the VMs up and running in less than the estimated time.
    If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Are you on one of those nodes?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said: as its 2:51AM

Make that 3:54 now.

• thank you for all respond :)

I just login to vps control panel and found my vps online, my uptime tracker still show vps down (few monitoring tracker)

hope the vps not lagged anymore

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

If you PM me your IP I will check what's going on. The scheduled maitence was ~ an hour and than all the nodes were brought online.

• Why didn't I receive an e-mail letting me know the maintenance was going to be performed? The first I knew about it was when I was able to get to your site...

p.s. And I checked the spam folder too.

Not sure about this. However you can check the emails tab in the clients site, it would contain the email for sure. We use sendgrid for emails distribution, however I asume that from time to time there might be a single emails that fail to get delivered.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sendgrid usually don't send to addresses that have reported spam in the past regardless of the true sender so maybe you reported some spam that came via send grid or something @DeanClinton

• DeanDean Member
    edited February 2013

Thanks @AnthonySmith - do you know if there's a way to get back onto their send to me list?

Pretty fatal flaw if you ask me - should I drop providers that use Sendgrid as i'm not going to find out of any potential downtime etc?

@Alex_LiquidHost - I received the signup mails and ticket replies fine, and that wasn't that long ago...

• t3k9t3k9 Member
    edited February 2013

I also never received any email notification. Ticket reply emails come through fine though. I only saw the announcement on their client site when I went to login to see why my VPS was down.

Seattle3, Seattle4 and Seattle5
    Thursday, February 14, 2013

>

We are currently bringing down those 3 nodes down for maitence. We expect the maitence window do be <120 minutes.

No mention of time so I had no idea when the "maitence" started. Downtime turned out to be close to 3 hours.

• DeanDean Member
    edited February 2013

@Alex_LiquidHost - nope, no emails logged in your WHMCS.

• Yoi guys should consider using this - http://liquid-solutions.biz/clients/announcementsrss.php

And Alex should consider posting all announces on twitter too (if he is not already doing this).

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

My node on solusvm says "Slave". Is that the reason I didn't get the email? Because I'm not on the three mentioned nodes?

• @DalComp said: My node on solusvm says "Slave". Is that the reason I didn't get the email? Because I'm not on the three mentioned nodes?

Mine shows the same and I saw no downtime, but I did receive the announcement.

One thing I brought to Alex's attention was an issue with incoming email to his domain - so if your mail server does callouts, chances are it refused the email.

• @adam12 same as above post(s), even in WHMCS there's no record but support tickets and affiliate reports. I'm using Yahoo, btw.

I asume it was something related to WHMCS. I myself keep 2 user accounts to make sure that the mass emails "arive", received emails on both emails. I can only guess why not all users received the emails. I am investigating it right now.

I hugely apologise for this inconvinience.

• While we're on it, perhaps you also want to check why affiliate reports are sent twice each month (as also shown above). I don't really mind though, better than not receiving emails.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Why use SendGrid? Ever since we stsrted using RackSpace Email most of our problems with ending up in spam are gone.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@DalComp said: While we're on it, perhaps you also want to check why affiliate reports are sent twice each month (as also shown above). I don't really mind though, better than not receiving emails.

Are you still having that problem? IIRC it was due to a duplicate WHMCS installation that was still online, but it should have been taken down.

• @Infinity said: Are you still having that problem? IIRC it was due to a duplicate WHMCS installation that was still online, but it should have been taken down.

It's happening since the first month joining LiquidHost, i.e. November, until February.
    If it's something solved recently then we have to wait until early of March.

It is something odd. I honestly do not know why it is sending out duplicate affilate reports, however I will contact WHMCS for this.

• @DalComp said: It's happening since the first month joining LiquidHost, i.e. November, until February.

If it's something solved recently then we have to wait until early of March.

Check the headers on the emails, are they coming from 2 different servers?

@dmmcintyre3 said: Check the headers on the emails, are they coming from 2 different servers?

It deffinetely is a problem with our WHMCS:
    http://i.imgur.com/e5OMdyY.png

• Do you have two crons running? It's just the times the emails are being sent is odd.

edited February 2013

2 crons indeed, however why would it send 4 emails ?

That's the first thing that hit my mind, however shouldn't it get set to something, once the cron runs? And why would it send 2 emails per 1 cron?

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

@Alex_LiquidHost said: 2 crons indeed, however why would it send 4 emails ?

It's 2 emails/month, for January and February. dd/mm/yyyy format, I believe.

@DalComp said: It's 2 emails/month, for January and February. dd/mm/yyyy format, I believe.

My bad, I really should get some sleep. That explains it all.

• I've pm you my ip, sorry for late reply :)

• @shovenose said: Why use SendGrid? Ever since we stsrted using RackSpace Email most of our problems with ending up in spam are gone.

Rackspace do not like you sending mass mails with their email accounts. We were told to move to sendgrid from rackspace after we were sending 40k emails a month.

• teknixptteknixpt Member
    edited February 2013

Hi. Thought you'd like to ear a story about Liquid Hosting. Happened to me. Just read this ticket.
    I bought a small vps on 23/Jan for a small projet i have, and paid a full year advance (my mistake). Since i hadnt much time for it i let it stand there, and i didnt even login onece, since the day i got the credentials.
    Last night i finally got some time to setup the vps but i couldnt login. Just to find out it was suspended.
    I never received a suspension note..
    The resulting ticket i opened is as shown. Judge by yourselves

Ok, thanks for your business. I lost 10$ . You probably end up losing more with such a service.

---------------------------->

18/02/2013 17:41 Alexander Barakov || Staff
    We have absolutely strict non-refund policy, that we will not break, especially in this case.

Take your time reading: http://liquid-solutions.biz/legal.html

Kind Regards,
    Alexander Barakov
    LiquidSolutions
    How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent
    ------------------------->

18/02/2013 17:23 Carlos Lisboa || Client
    Please, do you even read?
    I dont want any monitor, i dont want any business with you. Please refund my money now and end up this vps.
    i will repeat one more time :
    Since the Day i received the credentials for this Vps, I HAVE NEVER USED NEITHER HAVE LOGGED IN INTO IT.
    CHECK Your logs.

Thanks
    -------------------------->

18/02/2013 17:15 Alexander Barakov || Staff
    I've removed the suspension and set up a monitor for your VPS. Out of hundreds of virtual machines running absolutely fine, I seriously could not agree that it was causing high load due bad configuration on our nodes.

Kind Regards,
    Alexander Barakov
    LiquidSolutions
    ----------------------------->

18/02/2013 16:56 Carlos Lisboa || Client
    This must be some kind of mistake. As i said on first email, i didnt use the Vps since the day i bought it, I only had time to set it up yesterday.
    If it was causing high load on server its because of bad configuration from your side.
    I repeat, i didnt even login to it since the day i received the root password.
    I also didnt install any OS.
    So, please refund all my money and lets end up business here.
    Thanks

18/02/2013 09:27 Alexander Barakov || Staff
    Hello Carlos,

For some reason some of our emails are not arriving on time.

The reason your VPS has been suspended is that it was causing extremely high load on our servers for some reason and I was forced to suspend it, so it does not affect our other customers.

Kind Regards,
    Alexander Barakov
    LiquidSolutions

18/02/2013 03:57 Carlos Lisboa || Client

hi, i bought this vps a few weeks ago and paid a full year. Today i was going to setup the server but it says vps suspendend.
    What is the problem? Since i got no communication from you, informing suspension