Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's wrong with DireVPS.com? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's wrong with DireVPS.com?

124»

Comments

• DaveDave Member

@wrox said: I'd recommend setting a set width, together with a beautifully assembled site. Right now, it's kind of dull - It's gray, boring and looks like it was optimized for an iPhone (the menu bar/layout).

The site definitely lacks excitement. This wasn't a conscious decision - it's more a by-product of getting something up at lowest cost.

Personally, I'd say it doesn't have to be all colorful-ish. @GetKVM_Ash has done this right with gray and a touch of color. http://getkvm.com/

That's a nice looking site - we might yet see a few design changes in DireVPS ;)

I'd love to see some variety in your text too. Right now, it's all same-sized.

All points taken on board - thanks.

• DaveDave Member

@Jack said: Does OpenITC actually have a ticket system or is it a contact form then via email?

We don't have a ticket system - it's actually due to be released in the next 4 weeks :)

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited March 2013

@Dave said: Perhaps this is because they don't feel like they can email us regarding infrastructure issues?

I think my comment below replied why :)

@Dave said: Has this been your experience that you've been unable to get support when something has gone wrong? If so I'll look into this.

I wouldn't say when something goes wrong, but more like a routine request (change of email in my account) that took two days to complete/get a response. Not important and of course not urgent, but just saying it takes a while and I don't think even you can deny that the support from XenVZ/OpenITC is not the fasted among the LEB providers.

@Dave said: Was this on the DireVPS website?

Nope, it was posted by @sean on LET:

http://lowendnetwork.com/discussion/comment/202525#Comment_202525

@Dave said: This has been resolved now :)

Confirmed. Thanks!

Again, I do not mean to criticize XenVZ/OpenITC, I enjoyed the service and honestly 7 bucks for 4GB is a steal and I fully recognize the consequences of paying little and getting so much resources, however if you open a thread asking for suggestions, I am just trying my best to give some. Sorry if I sounded harsh by any means, they are really just friendly suggestions.

• DaveDave Member

@zhuanyi said: I wouldn't say when something goes wrong, but more like a routine request (change of email in my account) that took two days to complete/get a response. Not important and of course not urgent, but just saying it takes a while and I don't think even you can deny that the support from XenVZ/OpenITC is not the fasted among the LEB providers.

We definitely prioritise some support requests over others but on occasions tasks can sometimes be missed too. Something like an email address change should be completed quicker than in two days - sorry for that.

@zhuanyi said: Again, I do not mean to criticize XenVZ/OpenITC, I enjoyed the service and honestly 7 bucks for 4GB is a steal and I fully recognize the consequences of paying little and getting so much resources, however if you open a thread asking for suggestions, I am just trying my best to give some. Sorry if I sounded harsh by any means, they are really just friendly suggestions.

No apology necessary - I'm actually very grateful for your feedback. Without this sort of info, we can't improve and we're not afraid to hear how bad we are :) It can be embarrassing but that'll just spur us on to get it fixed.

• @Rallias I swear the girl on that page is laughing at me..