Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New WHMCS update 6.3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New WHMCS update 6.3

BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

New WHMCS update 6.3 was released today

Comments

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

So?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@bacloud said:
    So?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Wow, now that was a big update!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@bacloud said:
    So?

So... So, what? Quite useful thread, tbh. Lots of new features, fixes and such. I wasn't aware there was another update, my WHMCS area didn't display the update modal yet.

• Awesome, I agree regarding what @MrGeneral mentioned. Maybe the fixes and new features won't be used by me, but it's very useful for the other providers and ISPs.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • It has some features that I've been wanting for a while. Overall a great update!

• For those who would have enjoyed a link within the initial post, here's the release announcement for version 6.3 on their blog.

Strange how their main website still lists the version 6.2 blog entry, instead of the new one.

Thanked by 1miTgiB
  • Dagnabbit, and I just finished my 6.2 theme.

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d
  • @OnraHost_Zack said:
    It has some features that I've been wanting for a while. Overall a great update!

I didn't even upgrade away from WHMCS 6.0... I give up

• Updated, just few hours before my support/update expired.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Interesting that they changed the ticket editor, a tad more useful.

• Is it worth to update it yet? any reported bugs or is it a good go?

• my backup cron doesn't work flawless in 6.2 is there just I miss something or miss whmcs love with me. Maybe due they some people move on another competitor so regeneration programmer only still can make more games inside it.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

@Linked said:
    Is it worth to update it yet? any reported bugs or is it a good go?

I haven't had any problems upgrading in production.

Edit: Plus people used the RC before the public release and there weren't any issues.

• You could have included a bit more in the OP...

Upgrading tomorrow morning.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Only issue we've spotted so far is trying to email using the New Message option from the client product tab.

• i am thinking to upgrade. So far any feedback after 6.3 upgraded?

• @PittLoh said:
    i am thinking to upgrade. So far any feedback after 6.3 upgraded?

• autosave feature is great, problem is that it saves the reply forever so when you go to reply a second time you'll see the old reply (probably this clears when you close your browser/ or clear your cache)
    • adding billing entries from the ticket doesn't work anymore

These are our feedback up to now.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

Rallias said: Dagnabbit, and I just finished my 6.2 theme.

https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/compare/v6.2.0-release.1...v6.3.0-release.1

I wouldn't say it's a terrible update, it's not bad but I expect more bugs cropping up as you go along and use it daily:
    http://docs.whmcs.com/Changelog:WHMCS_V6.3

• MadMad Member

I'm testing it, it's not bad after all.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Does the admin end ticket reply area look weird for anyone? buttons out of place? http://i.imgur.com/zFL3ln6.png

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited March 2016

@SpeedBus said:
    Does the admin end ticket reply area look weird for anyone? buttons out of place? http://i.imgur.com/zFL3ln6.png

Clear your browser cache :) don't expect the buttons to work though (add billing entry/ predefined response / attach files) - they are aware of the bug and will fix in their next release (edit case ID is CORE-9914).

So much for the testing lol

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

zafouhar said: Clear your browser cache :) don't expect the buttons to work though (add billing entry/ predefined response / attach files) - they are aware of the bug and will fix in their next release (edit case ID is CORE-9914).

So much for the testing lol

Yup, that was it, looks pretty neat now, thanks for the tip :)

• FEATURE-1053 - Client Email Verification

Found this in General Settins > Security

I have high hopes for this one, added with @KuJoe hook for the dmteam block, this will make life even easier

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Email verification seems lacking since it doesn't actually prevent anything from happening.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Nick_A said: Email verification seems lacking since it doesn't actually prevent anything from happening.

doesn't lock out like the serverping verify email module does?

• Nick_A said: Email verification seems lacking since it doesn't actually prevent anything from happening.

>

Request users to confirm their email address on signup or change of email address

What are you thinking that I am missing?

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

@miTgiB said:
    What are you thinking that I am missing?

It doesn't do anything, even if a new client doesn't verify the email they still have full access and make orders etc.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Make backups before you update, now I'm waiting for whmcs staff to solve some 503 errors

• kt said: It doesn't do anything, even if a new client doesn't verify the email they still have full access and make orders etc.

https://www.serverping.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=34 So thing is still a better option, I was just being the miser that I am trying to keep my $15