Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

500 VPs account for sale - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

500 VPs account for sale

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I hope it will be LEB price for VPS accounts sales, like $1 per 10 or 100 accounts? otherwise it will no profit at all.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@rds100 said: If someone "sells me" and my details as a customer to a third party i would be very very upset. To the point that i might be considered a flight risk after this.

It's also disabled option to change personally identifiable information from their WHMCS (after cancellation). I can't even replace mail address with some other.

@Mun said: If Urpad buys up2vps I will leave effective that day. No questions asked.

Me too. I don't use every my vps for IRC however I tend to avoid "no irc allowed" hosts by default.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2013

"A server load cap of 5.0 is low" WTF?

• Well, we contacted the person who posted this. They had no idea how much their income was (but could guess "2K"), and every time we asked what their expenses were, they would either not answer, or ignore the question and answer other questions. And then they stopped responding.

So good luck, I guess.

• Well I was once upon a time a customer of the OP :)

Was the first and only VPS booted from for abuse. That was importing data to a database.
    Event tried their other locations (Germany I believe it was). Same stuff. Slow and overloaded nodes.

Service wasn't so good. So definitely buyer beware.

• And their support is notoriously poor English speaking. Probably plenty of reviews, comments, etc. out there. Research before buying.

• always customer needs first.

• @Andre said: Here's what I found...

http://www.didyoutryrestartingit.com/index.php/urpad-review/

He can't read a ToS properly, so he's going to avoid all companies that enforce them.

Yeah if you did read it, which you didn't you would understand that I did read the TOS, I checked and nothing about what I was doing was in violation. They then updated TOS, shutdown my server and didn't tell me. I went looking after a day or two to put in a ticket at which point I finally got a response of your server is in VIOLATION of TOS. I said fine, i'll find a different host, in the mean time can you restart the server so I can copy the files off.... They couldn't because they corrupted the container. Either it was a fuck you to me, or they fucked up the container. Either way I don't like that service.

Not to mention the current Up2VPS's I have would be in violation again, meaning eventually they would update the TOS, and corrupt my VPSs again, right?

• @GetKVM_Ash said: "A server load cap of 5.0 is low" WTF?

A load of 10 I consider starting to become abusive. A load of 5 can be reached by doing a MYSQLdump on a large database.

• Thanks for offer i got, The Client has been sold.

• @up2vps said: Thanks for offer i got, The Client has been sold.

Can you be more specific who bought my personally identifiable informations from you?

• @Spirit said: Can you be more specific who bought my personally identifiable informations from you?

No sold exactly, we just rent some servers in Dallas and we will moved on, we get some good offer.

• @up2vps said: No sold exactly, we just rent some servers in Dallas and we will moved on, we get some good offer.

Yes. He's asking who gave you the offer that you accepted.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited February 2013

I had a VPS with up2vps about a year or 2 ago, removed the service and they still stored my information, which include my email, my address, my home phone number and my paypal address. I have sent them multiple emails to delete my account in WHCMS and they were never responded.

So now my information will be sold to someone that again, we don't even know who that is.

Honestly, from the providers' perspective, providers want real info to avoid fraud and for auditing purposes, but who is there to protect consumer info in events like this? Protection, as far as I am concerned, should be both ways but obviously in this case it is not true.

• Well @zhuanyi what should be done, is once they decide to sell, they should prune the db of all inactive accounts. A host who holds on to your account details is not that big a deal till they sell the company.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2013

@Spirit said: Can you be more specific who bought my personally identifiable informations from you?

We talk with this guy to buying whole company but he refused, then he asking about rent some servers from us.

• @up2vps
    as your customers, I'm disappointed if you discontinuing usa vps. image

although your node spec are old and maybe uptime is not the best between leb provider that I've ever tried, but I am quite satisfied to buy your vps. At least that was my experience using your vps for more than 1 year....

• @24khost said: Well @zhuanyi what should be done, is once they decide to sell, they should prune the db of all inactive accounts. A host who holds on to your account details is not that big a deal till they sell the company.

Or like what @AnothonySmith is doing, purge the inactive accounts after 3 months...if a provider is worried about getting a spam/hacker report after the termination, 3 months should be more than enough in terms of storing client details.

• @Mun said: A load of 10 I consider starting to become abusive. A load of 5 can be reached by doing a MYSQLdump on a large database.

I consider a load of even 1.0 to be abuse (If constant) from one container. I never let a node exceed 4.0.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@pubcrawler said: Slow and overloaded nodes.

what do you expect? Normally to get the profit form very cheap VPS it will be some very heavily overselling of server resources.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: I consider a load of even 1.0 to be abuse (If constant) from one container. I never let a node exceed 4.0.

I've had a load of 1.0 on CVPS and the server was idle. Nothing running on it at all. Guess I'm abusive.

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

I remember your with Chinese support.

• @WebProject said: what do you expect? Normally to get the profit form very cheap VPS it will be some very heavily overselling of server resources.

That's not the case.

• @WebProject.

No, their nodes were beyond oversold and slow. Horrendous. And support speaks who knows what language, but it isn't English. Vary poor support.

• @Mun said: I've had a load of 1.0 on CVPS and the server was idle. Nothing running on it at all. Guess I'm abusive.

Sorry but if you have a load of 1.0 on an idle box there is an underlying problem, no two ways about that. I have VPS nodes half full that sit under 1.0 all day long.

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Sorry but if you have a load of 1.0 on an idle box there is an underlying problem, no two ways about that. I have VPS nodes half full that sit under 1.0 all day long.

Still a load of 1 shouldn't be abusive, unless you are over committing your hardware and trying to squeeze every dime out of it.

• @Mun said: Still a load of 1 shouldn't be abusive, unless you are over committing your hardware and trying to squeeze every dime out of it.

What? A quad core server (Which most of us use) should never be pushed over 4.0 IMHO, otherwise processes are waiting. So if you think im going to let a single VPS sit at 1.0 your sadly mistaken.

I would say that was anything but overcommitment, we're all KVM over here :)

• @GetKVM_Ash said: What? A quad core server (Which most of us use) should never be pushed over 4.0 IMHO, otherwise processes are waiting. So if you think im going to let a single VPS sit at 1.0 your sadly mistaken.

I would say that was anything but overcommitment, we're all KVM over here :)

A load of 1 is very easy to achieve, simply installing software, or doing a backup can easily push it past 1. Thus you are saying I shouldn't run anything on my VPS as it damages everyone elses ability to do nothing.

More like dual quads at this point.

The fact is that from a customer point of view VPS's in general are selling a service of over commitment. Here have a vps with 4 cores 2 gigs of ram and 50 gig hard drive, yet you can't use more then 1 core at any time, or more then 1gig of ram as the other gig is for burst only.

It pretty much is selling of something you don't have, and betting that no one will fully use the server.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2013

@Mun said: It pretty much is selling of something you don't have, and betting that no one will fully use the server.

Your talking about using that full core for a short amount of time, which of course is fine. What im saying is if i spot a graph that says a VPS has been sat at 1.0 since it went online, im going to charge you for dedicated CPU access since that's what those numbers are essentially.

Back to the original point, you were saying you have VPS sat at 1.0 idle, i still stick by this been caused by either your provider or your configuration since no idle VPS needs to use 1 CPU core.

EDIT Then i saw your provider and it all made a little more sense. And they aren't using dual quads either :)