Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

raxweb gone? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

raxweb gone?

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I can confirm it is working. Thank you for prompt repair @NickO

• Indeed. I think given the magnitude of the issue it was resolved quickly.

• @jbxl said: Indeed. I think given the magnitude of the issue it was resolved quickly.

@shovenose said: I can confirm it is working. Thank you for prompt repair @NickO

Thanks for the support and feedback guys. Customer Satisfaction has always been our #1 goal.

• Did CVPS come through with spare or parts or did you perform some VPS migration magic @NickO.

Congrats on getting this pulled off in respectable time.

• @pubcrawler said: Did CVPS come through with spare or parts or did you perform some VPS migration magic @NickO.

Congrats on getting this pulled off in respectable time.

http://raxweb.com is hosted at CVPS. I've setup failover DNS for that and a temporary landing page for now.

Our VPS Node in LA is with GorillaServers.

• Good work :) That hot standby or live-live redundancy I always whine about. Yep, we all need it.

• @NickO,

You should be all set now, the onsite engineers have swapped out the faulty RAM and at this time, containers on LA-VPS8 are starting back up in CTID order. Your website appears to be loading perfectly fine now.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, definitely won't happen again.

Thanks,

Kevin

• I find it funny that @CVPS_Kevin provides better information, better customer relations, and pretty much everything else then the companies owner, @CVPS_Chris.

WOOT You go Kevin!

• Man, this @CVPS_Kevin aims to impress. Give that man a pay raise.

• @pubcrawler said: Man, this @CVPS_Kevin aims to impress. Give that man a pay raise.

+1

• Definitely impressed by the support levels of both @NickO and @CVPS_Kevin

Kudos to both!

• This is why I have the same socket CPUs, and same RAM. Easier to buy and keep spares.

edited February 2013

Been going up and down like a yo-yo now :(

http://status.shovenet.com/760168

and @NickO 's client area is down too...

• @shovenose I assume your website is hosted on the same client are as of his? (Sharing same vps?)

edited February 2013

Well, I don't know, but it's problematic. If this keeps happeneing I will just go buy HostBill; I can't have my client area going down once a day.

• Ugh, feel the pain for @NickO and @shovenose

I'm sure it's not @NickO 's fault he's great and does a good job I'm sure. Outages and service distruptions are just so frustrating. I've been lucky ;) knock on wood

• @shovenose - it looks like you had 8-9 minutes of downtime?

Our billing panel is hosted offsite at BuyVM so really if it's there server that goes down there isn't much we can do about it.

We've been in contact with GorillaServers who host the node that you're on and are trying to get this little bit of downtime resolved ASAP.

I'm not complaining @NickO in fact I am happy with your service, except for these small issues... When I launch in May I will need the client are to work flawlessly. Business customers don't take well to not being able to log in and "sorry we host our panel offsite and they're having issues" is not so professional.
    I'll probably buy HostBill outright in July or so, after BetterVPS has been around for a little while and I can confirm HostBill will be perfect for us.
    And you can check exactly how long the total downtime is on my Pingdom page... 17 minutes total this week.

• Would it be possible to never see and read @CVPS_Chris again and let @CVPS_Kevin do all the community/customer related work? CVPS would look much better without the coccaine prick in the first row.

@Amitz that doesn't have a ton of relevance to this thread, perhaps that belongs elsewhere. Even though I'm inclined to agree.

• @shovenose: Agreed.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Mun said: I find it funny that @CVPS_Kevin provides better information, better customer relations, and pretty much everything else then the companies owner, @CVPS_Chris.

LoL. Just, lol. you're not happy if you r not trolling r u?

edited February 2013

Please, I know it's a lot to ask but please can you keep your ChicagoVPS related stuff out if this thread. I am sure everybody would be happier Ifd you took up your individual dislikes with @CVPS_Chris privately; we all have bad days or moments doesn't mean anybody is an asshole or a bad person. As for me, I think my thread is resolved so maybe closing should occur?
    @Liam

@shovenose said: Please, I know it's a lot to ask but please can you keep your ChicagoVPS related stuff out if this thread.

+1

• @shovenose I could not have put it better myself

• +1 for @Mun. I agree with his observation. Think we were back patting CVPS for remedying the situation, perhaps incorrectly. But @CVPS_Kevin is indeed a much better spokesperson for the company.

There we go again...

@shovenose said: There we go again...

hahahaha

• At least it wasn't me this time... ;-)

This discussion has been closed.