Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun With Crissic/QuadraNet - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fun With Crissic/QuadraNet

2»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

chip said: No but they fucked up and someone took advantage of that, happens everyday everywhere.

So we're back to 'they fucked up so it's fair game'. I don't think you actually know what you're arguing for.

And legally the law (In the UK anyway) would be something along the lines of... The terms that they saw during signup or could have seen had they clicked on an obviously visible link... Well the op did click on the aup and did see it... It however was blank which is what he agreed to when he signed up with them and has proof in the screenshot... So on the flip side they have breached the contract that the op agreed to when he signed up by terminating/suspending his service

Thanks for the low-end law review, but even if you're not talking cock, UK law is irrelevant.

• chipchip Member

@Nekki said:

Their must he something similar in the US?

And no we aren't back to that but my point controversially is that the op knew exactly what he was doing would upset them (crissic) however.. What I thought was the case wasn't but... Had he read the Tos and aup and signed up and then been suspended as they had corrected the aup (turns out it didn't happen like this) they (crissic) where in the wrong.. The whole point of contract law is to prevent unfairness and showing the public one set of rules and then enforcing a different set because you've made a mistake is probably illegal in any country... However the op already had the vm so agreed to a different set of terms (the ones on the site at that time)

Kodak did it many years ago they advertised a digital camera on their website for like £12 and at the time the cheapest you could get was like £60 loads of people ordered these cameras and Kodak tried to cancel and refund everyone, they where taken to court and lost on the technicalitie that they had taken the money so the deal was done they had to deliver the cameras to everyone who had ordered them.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

chip said: Their must he something similar in the US?

No idea, I don't pretend to know anything about US law.

chip said: Kodak did it many years ago they advertised a digital camera on their website for like £12 and at the time the cheapest you could get was like £60 loads of people ordered these cameras and Kodak tried to cancel and refund everyone, they where taken to court and lost on the technicalitie that they had taken the money so the deal was done they had to deliver the cameras to everyone who had ordered them.

I don't see how that scenario is even vaguely comparable.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Thanks for the low-end law review, but even if you're not talking cock, UK law is irrelevant.

Why don't we talk about cock instead because it's more interesting than this thread.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308 said: talk about cock

Don't be a cunt

• HxxxHxxx Member

@dustinc is crissic now like the premium brand of quadranet? Comparing the "cloud" servers in quadranet they are more affordable. Is there any advantage at all between the 2 platforms? One would think crissic is the economic line and quadra the high end.