Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone with server off in wholesaleinternet right now ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone with server off in wholesaleinternet right now ?

Comments

• I Belive this issue is only with E5 Servers, all of the rest has no issue at all.

• foreverman said: I know you're the one that answers my tickets, dont have to come here and be a hero or say good stuff about the company... I got the server a few days ago and I already lost about 10 hours of uptime, I've been a server4you client for 2 years and never had this kind of problem...

I'm not the one answering your tickets. Its too bad you got downtime but it happens and you could easily go on a year long streak without problems now that they have done their work, or you could have long outages everyday forever..

Good luck

• JoeMerit said: I'm not the one answering your tickets. Its too bad you got downtime but it happens and you could easily go on a year long streak without problems now that they have done their work, or you could have long outages everyday forever..

Good luck

Thats how a company gets a good reputation right ? by screwing clients... I see

• On a plus note, there's stock for the $49 (https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=277) and $99 (https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/cart/?id=272) configurations...

• foreverman said: Thats how a company gets a good reputation right ? by screwing clients... I see

I dont think they are screwing clients... I think you probably should have tested the environment for a few weeks before throwing any important stuff on the server.

• k0nslk0nsl Member
    edited March 2016

Such downtime. Much cry.

root@server:~# uptime
     19:27:26 up 67 days, 23:13,  1 user,  load average: 0.30, 0.42, 0.48

[edit: oh, for the new E5s only? nevermind, if that's the case.]

Thanked by 2netomx ManofServer
  • telephonetelephone Member
    edited March 2016

JoeMerit said: I dont think they are screwing clients... I think you probably should have tested the environment for a few weeks before throwing any important stuff on the server.

But my extremely important web app was running on that server. I'm losing $10,000 an hour!!! They're intentionally sabotaging my business by keeping the only copy of my website offline. I'M GOING TO SUE!

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited March 2016

telephone said: I'm losing $10,000 an hour!!!

Not a $Million per hour?

• lazytlazyt Member

Wonder which one of their hacks to get around the shortcomings of the systems failed?

• sinsin Member

rdes said: And in the real life: 21:07:47 up 20 days, 20:13, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Got you beat by a day :)

root@syn:~# uptime
     22:19:38 up 21 days,  4:39,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.05

• According to NodeQuery my server has been down for 19 hours now.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR
    edited March 2016

The lack of response from WSI is amazing (or just standard, as in my opinion they seem to be useless). @MarkTurner and co are probably laughing their asses off...

• @hawc said:
    The lack of response from WSI is amazing (or just standard, as in my opinion they seem to be useless). MarkTurner and co are probably laughing their asses off...

I've dropped them a ticket... will see...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

foreverman said: to be a jerk

you are. sh*t happens, move on. too much whinners on LET :/

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • edanedan Member

Always up from the beginning:

top - 21:10:05 up 39 days,  9:29,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.04, 0.01
    Tasks: 130 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    Cpu(s):  0.8%us,  0.2%sy,  0.0%ni, 99.0%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
    Mem:   3781568k total,  1399676k used,  2381892k free,   224484k buffers
    Swap:  2095100k total,        0k used,  2095100k free,   751508k cached

• @edan said:
    Always up from the beginning:

top - 21:10:05 up 39 days,  9:29,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.04, 0.01
    > Tasks: 130 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    > Cpu(s):  0.8%us,  0.2%sy,  0.0%ni, 99.0%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
    > Mem:   3781568k total,  1399676k used,  2381892k free,   224484k buffers
    > Swap:  2095100k total,        0k used,  2095100k free,   751508k cached
    > 

What's this server ? It got weird RAM amount allocation...

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

Guys, what do you expect from servers with unreal prices? It will work like servers with premium provider? Definitely not.

Thanked by 2hawc netomx
  • edanedan Member

FredQc said: What's this server ? It got weird RAM amount allocation...

C2D ($10). CPU Core(TM)2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz, 2 x 250GB HDD.

• @edan said:
    C2D ($10). CPU Core(TM)2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz, 2 x 250GB HDD.

Ah, I see! I thought it was like 37Gig of RAM... need... more... coffee... :-)

Thanked by 1edan

bacloud said: Guys, what do you expect from servers with unreal prices? It will work like servers in premium provider? Definitely not.

Refugee offer time :P

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

lazyt said: Wonder which one of their hacks to get around the shortcomings of the systems failed?

None. Our brand new, top of the line, Cisco gear let us down.

Instead of using the normal Brocade gear we use we sprung for new Cisco Nexus switches for these E5s so we could do 10G to each server with 160Gbit uplinks. We've never had a piece of Cisco gear in our network and now we realize they are giant heaping piles of steaming shit. We had an issue we thought would be fixed with an NX-OS upgrade and the upgrade caused the switch to go nuts. Then, guess what? "Sorry, rollback is not supported under this version"

We tore out the Cisco switches and replaced them with Brocade VDX's and all our problems were solved. We were able to get all new equipment in, configured and deployed in about 24 hours. We didn't leave anyone down for 3 days like some other providers.

• the last statement is very powerful.

Chair and popcorn is ready.

Thanked by 1hawc
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2016

AaronW said: None. Our brand new, top of the line, Cisco gear let us down.

Instead of using the normal Brocade gear we use we sprung for new Cisco Nexus switches for these E5s so we could do 10G to each server with 160Gbit uplinks. We've never had a piece of Cisco gear in our network and now we realize they are giant heaping piles of steaming shit. We had an issue we thought would be fixed with an NX-OS upgrade and the upgrade caused the switch to go nuts. Then, guess what? "Sorry, rollback is not supported under this version"

We tore out the Cisco switches and replaced them with Brocade VDX's and all our problems were solved. We were able to get all new equipment in, configured and deployed in about 24 hours. We didn't leave anyone down for 3 days like some other providers.

Doesn't make sense. Server was down, no network outage. It was DOWN. When I logged after noticing it was back up, it had 29 minutes uptime.

Also, those switches are used by OVH and other big corporations, they don't have any sort of issue with it. And Cisco doesn't suck.

Will we be compensated for this downtime?

I'm sniffing more "we dont know how to make it work" over "its all Cisco's fault and its all their stuff being broken"

Thanked by 1lazyt

Actually, @AaronW, we'd like to get a refund. Is it possible? Considering the bad service we've had. My client is so, so pissed off, that he told me to get all data and shutdown the service for now.

Thanked by 2hawc inthecloudblog
  • mine wasnt down just the network... but for more than 6 hours... got 1 dollar discount for that

edited March 2016

MrGeneral said: Actually, @AaronW, we'd like to get a refund. Is it possible? Considering the bad service we've had. My client is so, so pissed off, that he told me to get all data and shutdown the service for now.

I tried. They wont. Was in a similar boat as you and in the end, support stopped speaking to me. When they did respond and do things, they only managed to make the situation worse. I was forced to issue a PayPal dispute. Which they did not respond too. It took them 6 months to realise what I had done....

• AaronW said: Our brand new, top of the line, Cisco gear let us down.

MrGeneral said: Server was down, no network outage. It was DOWN.

david_W said: Chair and popcorn is ready.

@foreverman said:
    mine wasnt down just the network... but for more than 6 hours... got 1 dollar discount for that

That is hilarious.

hawc said: tried. They wont. Was in a similar boat as you and in the end, support stopped speaking to me. When they did respond and do things, they only managed to make the situation worse. I was forced to issue a PayPal dispute. Which they did not respond too. It took them 6 months to realise what I had done....

Well, if needed, we will go that way. I have one server there and my client has another one, being the E5 96GB RAM. I signed up believing the service wouldn't be superb, but stable enough. Just can't accept this major failure in the beginning. Will move to another provider, probably, Delimiter.

@ihatetonyy said:

All lies. Our server went down. No network outage, just down.
    Could be a coincidence, even though, it was an outage, and I didn't receive any notifications, nor the client did.

edited March 2016

MrGeneral said: Well, if needed, we will go that way. I have one server there and my client has another one, being the E5 96GB RAM. I signed up believing the service wouldn't be superb, but stable enough. Just can't accept this major failure in the beginning. Will move to another provider, probably, Delimiter.

Be aware, they will just FraudRecord you the moment they realise (but this hasn't affected me, and I have disputed it). It will take them 6 months or so to realise though.....