Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Easter Deals: Double Disk/Double Ram Dedicated Servers! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Easter Deals: Double Disk/Double Ram Dedicated Servers!

2»

Comments

• @hostingwizard_net said:
    (Disclaimer: All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program. The following post may or may not contain such links)

Anyway, I'm not here to argue about any Object Storage or to dismiss Delimiter. But Delimiter should refrain from mentioning/bashing inappropriately potential competitors.

If you want to hear something funny, it has had a 10Mbps limit on and off over the past year, they have had issues where the 10Mbps limit has put too much load on the devices they used to QOS so recently again had to remove it. (https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=16735)

If you check OVH's Status Job site your see a couple of instances of it, but yes you can defiantly get more than 10Mbps currently, however I wouldn't hold your self too that performance forever.

• hostingwizard_net said: 10Gbps dedicated public interface

You have not understood my wording.

10Gbps dedicated public interface relates to the headend, not to the customer.

Secondly the usage of the word 'dedicated' in relation to public interface refers to the fact that many will use a single interface for both public and backend connectivity meaning that the effective bandwidth is 50% of the port bandwidth ie traffic in from the storage backend, traffic out to the public internet.

• hostingwizard_net said: OVH (Hubic) costs $0.00042/GB/month so 30 times less than what you offer. At least that's what I'm paying (10TB, 50€/y, unlimited bw).

I'm not sure why I'm even responding.. but you know that's a ridiculous comparison right? If we're going to entertain this line of thinking, what's the point of using Hubic when Amazon offers unlimited for the same price as Hubic 10TB?

Amazon has Cloud Drive, Google has Drive, OVH has Hubic - yet all 3 of them have separate object storage products. You're not comparing the same thing. I was comparing the pricing per GB to OVH's object storage product - which is a fair comparison.

• any chance for something not atlanta