Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Easter Deals: Double Disk/Double Ram Dedicated Servers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Easter Deals: Double Disk/Double Ram Dedicated Servers!

K4Y5K4Y5 Member
edited March 2016 in Providers

Just got this email -

Double Ram/Double Disk Easter Deals

Happy Easter from the team at Delimiter. We don't have any chocolate treats to share, but how about some double resource server deals instead?

Order one of our Dual L5630 or Dual L5520 systems annually and pick between doubling your ram or doubling your disk space.

Check out the deals & grab the coupon codes here.

P.S. Check out all our latest dedicated server deals. We've added a bunch of models including a Dual E5420 with 250GB SSD at just $30/Month (paid quarterly).

https://www.delimiter.com/easter-promo-double-disk-double-ram/

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

Comments

• Is that all you got in the email?

I thought there was a double disk promo for StorageVPS and ObjSpace

• filefile Member

That's it. Nothing else in mine mentioning StorageVPS or ObjSpace.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

ScumbagMikeyur

• inb4 fired

• JWU42JWU42 Member

Current annual deal expires on June 1 - is this for new customers only? Have a dual L5520 w/ 250GB SSD and was hoping for more RAM and it seems 16GB is standard. Just wish I had fewer cores and more CPU horsepower.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Delimiter offices right about now:

• DoubleStorageVPS - Double the storage on annual StorageVPS plans. $7/m (paid annually) for 1TB VPS.

DoubleTheObjects - Double ObjSpace storage for annual ObjSpace plans. ie. 200GB storage == $30/yr ($2.50/mo).

• JWU42 said: Current annual deal expires on June 1 - is this for new customers only? Have a dual L5520 w/ 250GB SSD and was hoping for more RAM and it seems 16GB is standard. Just wish I had fewer cores and more CPU horsepower.

Do you have one of the Dual L5520 / 8GB / 250GB SSD blades?

You could take the newer L5520 bundle that Mike has put up or go upto L5630 which will give you a higher performance CPU.

• @JWU42 said:

Shoot me a PM or [email protected] with your account info. This isn't for new customers only, just new orders. Will see what I can do.

• pprppr Member

hawc said: Delimiter offices right about now

What "offices"?

• pprppr Member

WARNING

Delimiter and it's parent company are shady for using questionable directors, no public image, and their "employees" have been trashing competitors, specifically on this forum.

Very unethical, what kind of hosting provider is this?

STAY AWAY

• pprppr Member

It's funny how quickly this turned from someone re-posting a marketing email they received into their own offer, splashing out promo codes and links all over the place.

• Is the storage price for life of service or just for that year?

• @Hadriel said:
    Is the storage price for life of service or just for that year?

Everything is recurring, as long as you have the service.

• @ppr said:
    It's funny how quickly this turned from someone re-posting a marketing email they received into their own offer, splashing out promo codes and links all over the place.

Joined 5:34PM

Hi, new member. Wonder what your alt account is, too much of a pussy to post on your main?

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @MrObvious said:
    Hi, new member. Wonder what your alt account is, too much of a pussy to post on your main?

We had a great chat with him over here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/79322/stay-away-from-delimiter/p1

He also inspired a $10/m off coupon for the L5630's "THANKSPPR" will get you a Dual L5630/24GB/2TB/20TB@GigE + /29 for $39/mo (recurring, monthly billing) :)

Will run it through the weekend.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @mikeyur said:
    Will run it through the weekend.

I saw this, I already have a black friday server that I should probably use instead of just throwing money at it :D

• @mikeyur said:
    DoubleStorageVPS - Double the storage on annual StorageVPS plans. $7/m (paid annually) for 1TB VPS.

DoubleTheObjects - Double ObjSpace storage for annual ObjSpace plans. ie. 200GB storage == $30/yr ($2.50/mo).

I miss the quadruple promotion on objspace storage :(

• @Ruriko said:
    I miss the quadruple promotion on objspace storage :(

I don't think I can bring that one back. The old sales guys was crazy ;)

$2.50/mo for 200GB Object Storage + 400GB Bandwidth is pretty crazy. Calculate how much that would cost with even someone like OVH's object storage at like $0.015/GB for storage + bandwidth.

• Very cool offer

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited March 2016

mikeyur said: I don't think I can bring that one back. The old sales guys was crazy ;)

$2.50/mo for 200GB Object Storage + 400GB Bandwidth is pretty crazy. Calculate how much that would cost with even someone like OVH's object storage at like $0.015/GB for storage + bandwidth.

When you sell it at LET, the odds of the service going unused 75% of the time is pretty damn high.

I make a list of servers that I purchase on an impulse every month, and then silently weep every night when I look at it before going to sleep.

• @K4Y5 said: When you sell it at LET, the odds of the service going unused 75% of the time is pretty damn high.

Oh I know, I'm just as guilty :) My point was just that you don't have to use much before you hit the break even point of other providers.

I think people will be surprised how useful it is though, and how quickly you can go from a couple hundred MB to 100GB in usage when you start digging into things and hooking it up to a bunch of different services. There are a million and one uses, and it's ridiculously fast.

• JWU42JWU42 Member
    edited March 2016

@mikeyur said:
    Shoot me a PM or [email protected] with your account info. This isn't for new customers only, just new orders. Will see what I can do.

Will do Mike - thanks!

• edited March 2016

(Disclaimer: All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program. The following post may or may not contain such links)

mikeyur said: Calculate how much that would cost with even someone like OVH's object storage at like $0.015/GB for storage + bandwidth.

OVH (Hubic) costs $0.00042/GB/month so 30 times less than what you offer. At least that's what I'm paying (10TB, 50€/y, unlimited bw).

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@hostingwizard_net said:
    (Disclaimer: All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program. The following post may or may not contain such links)

OVH (Hubic) costs $0.00042/GB/month so 30 times less than what you offer. At least that's what I'm paying (10TB, 50€/y, unlimited bw).

You forget the part about the shitty 10mbit connection outlined here - https://hubic.com/en/contracts/Contrat_hubiC_2014.pdf

• (Disclaimer: All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program. The following post may or may not contain such links)

@K4Y5 Of course. I'm not comparing the quality of service, or the speed, or anything else. Just the price. But @mikeyur too just mentioned the price. In all cases, I much prefer Storage VPS, that give you more flexibility and often better performance (or at least you can optimize it).

• hostingwizard_net said: OVH (Hubic) costs $0.00042/GB/month so 30 times less than what you offer. At least that's what I'm paying (10TB, 50€/y, unlimited bw).

Its not really unlimited bandwidth, you have 10Mbps connection

So your max possible traffic is 2.988TB so the whole idea of 10TB included transfer is quite pointless.

Hubic has its place, but it shouldn't be positioned as an object storage system, just like Google Drive or Amazon Drive (not sure what they call it).

AWS S3 and ObjSpace are both true object storage systems and are supported by pretty much all S3 applications.

ObjSpace will deliver objects from a headend at 10Gbps as each headend has 10Gbps dedicated public interface.

• edited March 2016

MarkTurner said: Its not really unlimited bandwidth

It is.

MarkTurner said: you have 10Mbps connection

Sure. Even if I'm uploading right now at 268Mbps from Hetzner and 31Mbps from home.
    10Mbps is what you should expect, not what you get.

MarkTurner said: 10Gbps dedicated public interface

Sure. Only Delimiter can offer 10Gbps dedicated for $2.5/mo. Or maybe they can't and it is shared.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue about any Object Storage or to dismiss Delimiter. But Delimiter should refrain from mentioning/bashing inappropriately potential competitors.