Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack

2»

Comments

• Funny how Mark Turner will spend so much time trying to investigate and disparage competitors, yet remains so unwilling to explain the shadyness behind his own employers ownership (Yomura).

Aaron has always stated that WSI and Datashack are related companies and share pieces. Many companies have different ownership designs across multiple sub companies for legal and tax reasons.

WSI has been around since the early 2000's and Aaron has long been involved. And in all that time I don't recall a single fuse pulling their customers offline for 3 days such as Delimeter just did.

And here again both delimeter employees gather together to attack a competitor. Remember not too long ago when Mr Turner did everything he could to repeatedly claim he had nothing to do with Delimeter. Delimeter has plenty of shady reviews in its past, not to mention just plain bad reviews.

Do I agree with the bbq review he did, no, but that is not relevant to the legal status of wsi/datashack...that is people stretching to find a flaw with his personal character. Has zero to do with the product wsi/ds and whatever the new name is offers. Quadranet, Colo crossing, Delimeter all have owners/managers with questionable histories. Show me an example where Aaron has stolen or defrauded customers. He has always been open about wsi/ds relationship. Has yomura/delimeter? Nope, we can't get a straight answer on the ownership of yomura. How about colocrossing? Nope, how many shells have been discovered now, aside from the let lies.

If you aren't attacking their equipment your trying to attack Aaron/ownership. Perhaps you should mind your own house before wasting time attacking your competitors.

• lazytlazyt Member
    edited March 2016

Forgetting the "Multiple redundant fiber" that shut down operations when one cable was cut in KC?

It isn't the fact that they are related it's the number of times flat out lies were stated saying they weren't.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited March 2016

Funny how Mark Turner will spend so much time trying to investigate and disparage competitors, yet remains so unwilling to explain the shadyness behind his own employers ownership (Yomura).

There is no disparagement, its purely statements of fact. If you actually read what is there, its just copy/paste of public records.

As for 'shadyness' about Yomura, thats just another load of nonsense. All our information is public record, you can take the time like I have done and locate the companies, holding companies and pay the money for the information.

You just need to take the time to do it like plenty of others have done already.

Aaron has always stated that WSI and Datashack are related companies and share pieces. Many companies have different ownership designs across multiple sub companies for legal and tax reasons.

Thats his decision, but you can't have it both ways

WSI has been around since the early 2000's and Aaron has long been involved. And in all that time I don't recall a single fuse pulling their customers offline for 3 days such as Delimeter just did.

A quick search of WHT shows me numerous alleged power and network problems at WSI/Datashack. Are you talking about different Wholesale Internet / Datashack?

And here again both delimeter employees gather together to attack a competitor. Remember not too long ago when Mr Turner did everything he could to repeatedly claim he had nothing to do with Delimeter.

That is gross representation. My involvement with Delimiter was clear and it started here on LET.

My involvement has changed under the new sales leadership and I have become more involved in the day-to-day operation. This benefits both company and customer. But as previously stated, I am not compensated by Delimiter neither am I compensated based on the sales that they generate.

Delimeter has plenty of shady reviews in its past, not to mention just plain bad reviews.

Without any question, Delimiter has had a tonne of bad reviews but also thousands of happy, satisfied customers. Put it into perspective.

For comparison, WSI has a pending lawsuit for $1.2M from a disgruntled customer, who according to the writ, enquired for a price for Windows Enterprise 2008 and ended up with his data wiped.

Would you call that customer unhappy?

That plaintiff is suing Wholesale Internet Inc / Wholesale Internet Datacenter LLC, Nocix LLC fka Datashack LC. Yet only contracted for services with Wholesale Internet Inc, so he must believe there is a relationship.

By my reading the Plaintiff is claiming $1.2M in lost sales and $100k in expenses. They have then said they are seeking up to 3 times the economic damages, so 3 x $1.2M? $3.6M

http://www.lawsuitdata.com/lawsuit-data/natures-of-suit/torts-lawsuits/other-fraud/texas-southern-district-court/0001022435/watchbands-etc-inc-v-wholesale-internet-inc-et-al/lawsuit-summary/

Do I agree with the bbq review he did, no, but that is not relevant to the legal status of wsi/datashack...that is people stretching to find a flaw with his personal character. Has zero to do with the product wsi/ds and whatever the new name is offers.

Delimiter has never engaged in reviewing its own products and never would.

Quadranet, Colo crossing, Delimeter all have owners/managers with questionable histories.

I think that’s just desperation speaking.

Maybe they would like to comment on these so called 'questionable histories'?

@jbiloh @quadranet_adam

Show me an example where Aaron has stolen or defrauded customers.

I don’t believe anyone has said that and certainly I wouldn’t base my assertions on the noise that comes from forums.

He has always been open about wsi/ds relationship Has yomura/delimeter? Nope, we can't get a straight answer on the ownership of yomura. How about colocrossing? Nope, how many shells have been discovered now, aside from the let lies.

Yomura has always been open about ownership of Delimiter, you can even see the purchase announced by the former owner on WHT back in 1999.

If you aren't attacking their equipment your trying to attack Aaron/ownership. Perhaps you should mind your own house before wasting time attacking your competitors.

Our house has and always will be in order.

You confuse the want to spread corporation information like many companies do – we bought X, we did Y versus Yomura’s approach where we just do it without any fanfare or drama.

Thanked by 1hawc
  • XenosXenos Member

@MarkTurner You could probably get a P.R. job for any country or company on Earth.

• @MarkTurner said:

Unsure how a watch shop gets to $1.2M in losses but I guess that time is money after all

I'll see myself out

Thanked by 1hawc
  • Xenos said: You could probably get a P.R. job for any country or company on Earth.

And miss out on all this?

Thanked by 2Kris perennate
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Xenos said: @MarkTurner You could probably get a P.R. job for any country or company on Earth.

Especially for those with skeletons in their closets...

Thanked by 1Xenos
  • lazytlazyt Member

My only complaint is the ongoing, WSI has nothing in common with these other companies then the fact we share the same building. Yet all of the paperwork shown over the years has had a common name.

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

Xenos said: He mentioned this thread along with another one on vpsboard when addressing the conspiracy theory on WHT. Hopefully Delimiter and elrooted will tick him off enough that he sues them for libel like he stated on WHT. Actually it was directed at elrooted, but I'm sure Mark and Mike have also drawn his ire.

Eh... I can't sue someone for being an idiot. Plus it's no secret that the two companies are merging and the whole point will be moot eventually anyway. After that we really WILL be one company, I really WILL have an ownership stake in DS and then they'll have to find something else to whine and moan about.

As for the ongoing litigation, Wholesale Internet Datacenter has already been dropped (Which I actually did have an ownership interest in. It was created for a project that never got off the ground) and we expect them to drop NOCIX as we've show the companies are separate. NOCIX will sue for fraud since they should have know that and Wholesale will continue on with the case, which, of course, we believe has no merit, blah blah blah....

As I said in my WHT post. I've been in this business a long time. I don't know how long Delimiter has been around but I doubt it's been long. When I talked to Joe (Joe's Datacenter) last night he had never even heard of them. I hadn't heard of them either until I joined here. I have to imagine that business must be slow since they seem to have a lot of time on their hands to make all these different accounts and do all this research. I'm a little flattered they've taken such an interest in me. :)

lazyt said: My only complaint is the ongoing, WSI has nothing in common with these other companies then the fact we share the same building. Yet all of the paperwork shown over the years has had a common name.

Because I'm involved in a lot of ventures in and around KC. For example, Google uses fiber from a company owned by me. I own the local exchange along with the guy that started Telix. I own a lot of real estate in town. I used to own a restaurant. (Which some how became relevant to these guys) I've owned pieces and pars of many companies. If you've heard of them and they're in Kansas City they probably have or had a connection to me at one time.

If that's what you want to call shady go ahead. My involvement isn't advertised in all cases. Sometimes a company comes to me for help and I help them, sell my portion back and move on. (as in the case of a couple well known VPS companies) I have 2 small companies that came to me recently for some help. I took a small percentage of them in exchange for my help. Is that shady? If you want to call it that then so be it.

The only reason I respond to these things at all is to correct misinformation. I could see if I was jumping into every thread here or on WHT and recommending DataShack to everyone that would listen but I don't. As a matter of fact I find myself recommending OVH and Kimsufi more than anything. (Holy crap! I MUST own them too!!! OMG OMG start a new thread!)

• AmitzAmitz Member

So it's not really Kansas City, but Aaron City? ;)

• lazytlazyt Member

I can accept that spin of the situation. So why not admit it years ago? People would accept that a person can have their fingers in many pies. But categorically denying it, when public records shows otherwise? It makes people wonder.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

MarkTurner said: I think that’s just desper

Maybe they would like to comment on these so called 'questionable histories'?

@jbiloh

I'm just a guy trying to make it in the world.

Always gone by my name, always done my best to run a good operation, always working to put customers first. :)

• KrisKris Member

jbiloh said: Always gone by my name, always done my best to run a good operation, always working to put customers first. :)

You aren't Mother Cabrini :)

Whilst working at HVH as head SysAdmin, when Ernie owned the company, you told me two servers with uplinks of 20KB/s that had no trouble with uplinks. After I barked at you enough, dust in the switch was mentioned. Seriously?

Oddly enough the dust-off must have been sprayed right around the time I was running MTR's outbound and XO came online out of nowhere. I started working for HostDime, you can't get capacity issues past me.

Also, trade embargos come to mind with downstream ASNs. You can change a company shell name, but the DNS and IP ranges filled with .ir hosts... Well the cards don't lie, as Ms. Cleo used to say.

On that note, you guys have been less of a cesspool lately in terms of spam, and fixed your outbound DoS issue, so credit where it is due.

BTW, v6? (jk)

• HxxxHxxx Member

Shit... This drama is good today. Where is my epic popcorn gif...?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Kris said: Whilst working at HVH as head SysAdmin, when Ernie owned the company, you told me two servers with uplinks of 20KB/s that had no trouble with uplinks. After I barked at you enough, dust in the switch was mentioned. Seriously?

Dust or other contaminants in a Switch Optic (the device where the fiber connects to the switch) happens from time to time and can cause all sorts of strangeness, such as packet loss, slow speeds, etc. If memory serves, and we're going way back now, I think that was the issue in that specific situation.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

Hxxx said: Shit... This drama is good today. Where is my epic popcorn gif...?

You must either be desperate or not have been here long -- this drama is shit. All they're debating is whether or not two companies are the same; why in the world should I care (unless of course one of the companies is GVH)? I miss the good old days when BurstNET was bursting (and it wasn't clear whether VolumeDrive or BurstNET was shadier), BlueVM staff disappeared, and Johnny was being Johnny. Someone should make a drama museum post so we can go back and reminisce in those happy times.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2016

This thread.... damn. Alright here goes.

@AaronW Might as well just say "Yeah we're all drinking buddies and we sign each other's papers, we don't operate as one unit but you'll find us under the same roof during more than just work hours." Acting like the companies are completely separate, as you've been doing for a very long time, is most definitely a pet peeve of LET members. They don't like it. There's no reason for the selective honesty. No one really cares, especially if you're open about it.

I don't care at all, but given how long I've been reading the denials on WHT that read almost as plainly as "We have absolutely no relation to each other besides proximity" (I'm working from memory here) I did find Mark's information enlightening. Doesn't change anything, would still buy from WSI, DS, or Joe's for things I consider the network appropriate for.

@MarkTurner Maybe lay off Aaron a bit, I don't think he's a bad guy. He's been around the hosting community for quite some time. Always friendly that I've seen. Always generous and accommodating.

• The only thing I am really curious about is the Colocation part of things.

Since Colocation has been ripped from all WSI & DS websites, could this be the end for colocation? ie, after contract is up, gotta pack up and move out. or just not accepting new services.

• HxxxHxxx Member

@perennate said:
    You must either be desperate or not have been here long -- this drama is shit. All they're debating is whether or not two companies are the same; why in the world should I care (unless of course one of the companies is GVH)? I miss the good old days when BurstNET was bursting (and it wasn't clear whether VolumeDrive or BurstNET was shadier), BlueVM staff disappeared, and Johnny was being Johnny. Someone should make a drama museum post so we can go back and reminisce in those happy times.

No son, you just like the kiddie juvenile drama. This here is different.

Thanked by 1perennate

jarland said: Might as well just say "Yeah we're all drinking buddies and we sign each other's papers, we don't operate as one unit but you'll find us under the same roof during more than just work hours." Acting like the companies are completely separate, as you've been doing for a very long time, is most definitely a pet peeve of LET members. They don't like it. There's no reason for the selective honesty. No one really cares, especially if you're open about it.

The position that's been put forth has been "You're the same company" which is incorrect. Are we drinking buddies? Well none of us drink :) but if we did then yes, we would be. Brooks and I are partners in several real estate ventures, Todd and I were partners in that restaurant. The three of us (along with another WII owner) are partners in KCFiber. Yes, we are all close and work together every day. Hell, Brooks just left my office before I started typing this. I actually see the DataShack guys more than I see any of the other Wholesale guys these days. It was never my intention to indicate we're not friends and don't work closely together.

Thanked by 3jar daily Layer03
  • Layer03Layer03 Member, Host Rep

@AaronW said:

Okay, sound like a perfect time for some exclusive LET - WSI dedicated servers specials? I have a few server with you and just wanted to say keep it up.