Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack

Hello Guys, I'm on the datashack website right now and my hand is freezing to selecting dedicated server I'm going to use to my next social media project. You guys know better than me about this and I need your recommendation.

If you are on my situation, which one you select?

PROCESSOR:
AMD Quadcore
3Ghz of faster
4 Cores/4 threads

RAM: 16GB DDR3
HDD: 2TB

INCLUDED:
•33TB Monthly Transfer
•5 usable IPv4 Address
•/64 IPv6 Address Block

or

PROCESSOR:
I3-3220
2 Core/4 Threads
3.3Ghz

RAM: 16GB DDR3
HDD: 2TB

INCLUDED:
•33TB Monthly Transfer
•5 usable IPv4 Address
•/64 IPv6 Address Block

Thank You so much and I appreciate.

Comments

• I most likely go with the AMD just because i think having 4 physical cores seems more appealing than 4 threads.

Thanked by 1papadock
  • MadMad Member

I would go with AMD, clockspeed is almost the same but you benefit of 4 Cores rather than 2.

Thanked by 1papadock
  • Thank You so much guys. You save my day. I really appreciate.

• if it's a bulldozer i would go with the intel if i was you, bulldozer are not "real" cores

• @TarZZ92 said:
    if it's a bulldozer i would go with the intel if i was you, bulldozer are not "real" cores

This.

Thanked by 1papadock
  • The AMD bulldozer is like 4c2t.

Thanked by 1papadock
  • XenosXenos Member

The AMD is likely a Phenom. Both it and the i3 have a passmark of ~4200

Thanked by 1papadock
  • that doesn't mean anything... I've seen a lot of 4 core CPUs from AMD performing worse than Intel's dual core ones. Check benchmark for what you're gonna use.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • WinneWinne Member

My AMD Quadcore with Datashack was a FX-4100.

• I'm confused, datashack changed its name to NOCIX... and now they combined wholesaleinternet into their website...

• @foreverman said:
    I'm confused, datashack changed its name to NOCIX... and now they combined wholesaleinternet into their website...

i think there were always rumors that DS and WSI are the same company (like the famous ChicagoVPS & CC rumor), however both sides were (again, similar to the CVPS & CC rumor) denying that

• @foreverman said:
    I'm confused, datashack changed its name to NOCIX... and now they combined wholesaleinternet into their website...

Yes the name changed I noticed that this morning. Not sure what you mean by they comined WSI into their site...

• @MHS_Marc said:
    Yes the name changed I noticed that this morning. Not sure what you mean by they comined WSI into their site...

They're selling the same products... today wholesaleinternet lauched a new server with 128gb of ram, and at the same time NOCIX did too... with the same specs... dont think thats just a coincidence...

• @foreverman said:
    They're selling the same products... today wholesaleinternet lauched a new server with 128gb of ram, and at the same time NOCIX did too... with the same specs... dont think thats just a coincidence...

Ah I get what you mean now. Tbh I've always thought they had someone within the ownership that had a connection to both companies. I know this is denied repeatedly but who knows.

• @MHS_Marc said:
    I know this is denied repeatedly but who knows.

He denied it yesterday, Mark then proved he just lied, and he hasn't come back to say anything about it yet...

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1616738/#Comment_1616738

• I am always wondering why companies are denying their affiliations (like CC and ChicagoVPS), I mean do they really think people will just believe them and think they are separate entities?

Particularly funny when ChicagoVPS and Colocrossing staged that whole "merger" stuff to officially make them together...

• @spammy said: I mean do they really think people will just believe them and think they are separate entities?

I don't get who they're trying to fool... It's pretty obvious, but they just keep digging a deeper hole. See @MHS_Marc's link talking about a 'merger' :/

• Have a server with both of them, hope nothing changes...

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited March 2016

Its absolute codswallop

According to Wendel - Datashack LC is not 'him':

AaronW said: That would be incorrect. Wholesale and DataShack are in the same building in North Kansas City but have completely different owners.

Wholesale Internet Inc was registered by Wendel, as was Joe's Datacenter with co-director Morgan, see here.

Datashack LC was registered by another party for whatever reason but the operation/management/ownership does appear to be Wendel.

Wendel had a company called Nocix LLC which he registered on 30th December 2014 and then placed into liquidation on 10th April 2015 with final closure on 14th April 2015.

These dates are important because all of a sudden, by complete coincidence we are lead to believe, the 'owner' of Datashack LC woke up 15th April 2015 and had the brainwave to change Datashack LC to Nocix LLC. What were the chances? The owner of Datashack LC must have been really surprised to find out that to his good fortune, Wendel had just closed his Nocix LLC company just the day before.

But this is where it gets strange, the authorised party who made the name change of Datashack LC to Nocix LLC was Wendel. But the motion is backdated to 1st January 2015 which is somewhat dubious because Nocix LLC (liquidated) was a legal entity at that time.

So now Datashack LC is no more and Nocix LLC is the new brand. Their domain says:

http://who.is/whois/nocix.net

Date of registration 29th December 2014, so predates the newly renamed Datashack LC.

The domain is owned by Wendell Worldwide LLC which hops over the border to Kansas and is a Kansas LLC and the organiser is:

This company was deregistered in 2013 and reinstated later that year.

Datashack / Nocix entered into agreement with the City of Kansas City to run their municipal broadband service, Wendel is referenced on most press releases.

This is confirmed here:

The City Council of North Kansas City unanimously approved a lease agreement Tuesday allowing DataShack LC to operate and maintain the city's fiber-optic data network — called LiNKCity — for ten years.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2014/09/03/north-kansas-city-free-gigabit-internet-service.html

Since then DataShack LC has renamed to Nocix LLC

His LinkedIn page even confirms he is the managing partner of Linkcity, which is the subject of the agreement that Datashack LC entered into.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaron-wendel-78311b

According to independent Kansas City Business Journal, the 'Top Local Executive' for Datashack is Wendel:

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/subscriber-only/2015/08/21/data-centers.html

One of his side business is KC Smokeshack BBQ, here are some shill reviews:

KC SmokeShack BBQ

Then the reviews

https://www.zomato.com/review/eqoQvD

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives/2013/04/30/kansas-city-smokeshack-bbq-has-things-smoking-on-swift

Reviews for Nocix / Linkcity:

https://www.facebook.com/linkcitykcfiber/reviews

• WinneWinne Member

And now I want ribs !

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@MarkTurner thanks +10000000000000000000000

• And now datashack redirects to WSI. lol.

Thanked by 1foreverman
  • @mikeyur said:
    And now datashack redirects to WSI. lol.

Nice find

• XenosXenos Member
    edited March 2016

Yet Delimiter attacking another provider...
    My bad, same provider different attack.

The OP only wanted to know which server to choose.

Thanked by 2boernd ManofServer
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

spammy said: Particularly funny when ChicagoVPS and Colocrossing staged that whole "merger" stuff to officially make them together...

There was no merger, ColoCrossing purchased the assets of ChicagoVPS from the owner, New Wave NetConnect in September 2015. There are blogs/press releases available about it on our website/blog.

Before we purchased ChicagoVPS it was owned by New Wave NetConnect, an entity that one of my childhood good friends owned. He now works for ColoCrossing in a sales position.

• Let's crowdfund a Provider Investigation Bureau for LET, dedicated to back ground stories for providers xD

• Tagging since no one else did @AaronW

Btw there is nothing wrong if he owns or is a friend with other businesses. Kuddos for him

Thanked by 1Xenos
  • XenosXenos Member
    edited March 2016

@ManofServer said:
    Tagging since no one else did AaronW

Btw there is nothing wrong if he owns or is a friend with other businesses. Kuddos for him

He mentioned this thread along with another one on vpsboard when addressing the conspiracy theory on WHT. Hopefully Delimiter and elrooted will tick him off enough that he sues them for libel like he stated on WHT. Actually it was directed at elrooted, but I'm sure Mark and Mike have also drawn his ire.

Thanked by 1ManofServer