Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode review - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode review

1235»

Comments

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

Sorry for the noob question.
    "90% of any CPU core" is equal to "0.90" as shown in load average (by uptime command or solusvm graph)? And how do you normally define "extended period"?

• @Nick_A said: To be clear, are you referring to the ServerBear interview? I can't recall a WHT interview.

Ah, you're right. It was ServerBear. Don't know how I got to thinking it was WHT.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@DalComp said: Sorry for the noob question.

"90% of any CPU core" is equal to "0.90" as shown in load average (by uptime command or solusvm graph)? And how do you normally define "extended period"?

Roughly yes. CPU load is a combination of processing and I/O, so that varies. Sometimes a process will be using <50% of a core, but ridiculous I/O which makes the CPU load over 10.

Extended period is intentionally loose. If the node is full, that period will be an hour or two. If it's empty, I can be more lenient.

• Nice review, never knew ServerBear also did reviews.

You’ve been fast to integrate ServerBear & benchmarks in general to your marketing strategy. What tips do you have for other providers?

ServerBear has been great for RamNode since much of our target niche revolves around high performance hosting. It has also help us promote our newest (and now only) location in Atlanta. What I’ve learned regarding marketing, though, is to build up loyalty among my clients and they become my best advertising. I would tell other providers to deliver what you promise to your clients (they chose you for a reason, after all), and offer them genuine customer service. Those two things go a long way.

That part caught my eye, I think you are really doing an awesome job Nick! :)

edited February 2013

@taronyu said: Nice review, never knew ServerBear also did reviews.

Yep, the blog there was (and might still be) hosted at RamNode.

@taronyu said: That part caught my eye, I think you are really doing an awesome job Nick! :)

Thank you!

• taronyutaronyu Member
    edited February 2013

Am I the only one receiving all the mails at one time from the login notifications?

http://gyazo.com/4d1812ebb5663c96f279782c2050d983

All the dates in it are also different, also isn't the first time I got this.

Maybe you (@Nick_A) can shine some light on it?

• yeah i got them too @taronyu :)

@taronyu said: Am I the only one receiving all the mails at one time from the login notifications?

Check out our announcements when you can.

• @Nick_A said: Check out our announcements when you can.

I should really learn to check those more. Never tought about it, probably because we don't use them as much by ourselfs.

Anyways, thanks for shining your light onto it :D

• @taronyu said: Am I the only one receiving all the mails at one time from the login notifications?

No. Just got one in from February 13th.

Yeah, I figured I'd be getting some ??? after I received about 100 login emails myself.

@RyanD - Turns out my optic is just bad T_T

Sorry everyone, not nLayer's or Cyber Wurx's fault. Should have the new optic in early next week.

• RyanDRyanD Member

@Nick_A

happens to everyone, always a good idea to keep a few spare on hand :)