Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any VPS Hosting Companies Hiring? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any VPS Hosting Companies Hiring?

Comments

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited February 2013

gUys, i'VE g0t @ gR3@t ORANGEnial ideya!!11oneoneleven

lowendhr
    lowendjobs
    lowendhire

On a srs note, people should judge by one's attitude and not by one's mistakes.

• We have a position open pm me for details

• Just seen the grammer and random caps ..... ?

• @KernelSanders said: This was his job application per-say... I for one would ensure the person I'm looking to hire has decent grammar.

Then you should not write "per-say" for per se :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@all

I am sure he knows what the shift key is, just drop it, it has no real bearing on his actual ability.

It is not like he started a VPS company, claimed to be able to offer stupid deals and then tried to sell it with less than a dozen clients a month or so later because he could not be bothered to make any effort.... if that was the case I would understand the mob mentality.

• @MonsteR said: Just seen the grammer and random caps ..... ?

Incorrect use of the verb to see.

Can we stop with the grammar policing now?

• edited February 2013

@sleddog My phone auto corrects to per-say but still, it is commonly said as "per-say" and there is quite a discrepancy between saying "per-say" and TaLKIng LikE ThIs.

If you'd like to go that far I could whip out a dictionary and go through all of your posts :)

• @MonsteR said: Just seen the grammer and random caps ..... ?

grammar (;

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I love the mistakes made by the very people slamming him along with the reductio ad absurdum going on.

• @KernelSanders said: @sleddog My phone auto corrects to per-say but still, it is commonly said as "per-say" and there is quite a discrepancy between saying "per-say" and TaLKIng LikE ThIs.

Pronounciation and correct spelling often differ :)

If you'd like to go that far I could whip out a dictionary and go through all of your posts :)

Go for it... just make sure it's a Canadian dictionary ;)

• @FRO5T said: Took me 3 minutes to read it :D

I am European...

shockingly it didn't take me extra time. This is a clear sign I played too much games with 13y olds.

• @ztec said: shockingly it didn't take me extra time. This is a clear sign I played too much games with 13y olds.

Yeah, it doesn't really make it more difficult to read, but it definitely is noticeable and looks unprofessional.

• @sleddog said: Incorrect use of the verb to see.

Can we stop with the grammar policing now?

YoU SeE SomEtHinG WrOnG WitH The SenTenCe aBovE? IRONY MUCH

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Give the guy a break. He probably tried to make a good impression and just went a little bit ahead of the needed. Noone is perfect and he might as well not be a native English speaker. Just take a look at my shitty English for example ;)

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2013

Wow, what a bunch of dicks. :X I remember that when I was I was learning ESL, it was difficult to not arbitrarily capitalize things mid-sentence. I still refuse to capitalize the I in "i'm" because of it.

This guy emailled me on multiple occasions before he posted here; his communication skills are fine.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited February 2013

I was just pointing that he could represent himself better if he fixed the capitalization, especially after he said "should be an easy fix". Grammar and writing skills are important, especially if he is to answer tickets. Though, his mistake is his mistake, there's no point in making it look worse.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

Yeah, I merely pointed this out, I had no idea will go on like this, sorry :(
    The yesteryear's 13 yo are now growing into adults and looking for jobs. They will also sell to other former 13 yo older generations do not understand.
    Sooner rather than later most companies might look for someone to talk the lingo and know their (in)cultural problems.
    These are the people which will lead the world in 30 years, I am not sure I want the old generation dead that fast. They did bring this upon themselves, tho.

• @Maounique said: These are the people which will lead the world in 30 years, I am not sure I want the old generation dead that fast. They did bring this upon themselves, tho.

++

• @Maounique said: These are the people which will lead the world in 30 years, I am not sure I want the old generation dead that fast. They did bring this upon themselves, tho.

Indeed. I subscribe to a 'leadership' email newsletter, here was today's email:

Leadership: "Ethics Can Buckle Under Pressure" 
    Volume 2  Number 15                        Howard Putnam 

A recent Junior Achievement Worldwide poll says that today's teen agers (the next generation of business leaders) know the truth and are more ethical, but can buckle under pressure, 
    especially when it comes to bosses.   

More than 40 percent of teens admitted they might commit an unethical act if their boss told them to, and over 33 percent said they would lie to their boss to cover up a mistake they 
    made at work.   

69 percent believe people who practice good business ethics are more successful in business than those who do not.  That is up from 56 percent in the 2003 survey.  The number of teens who think you have to bend the rules to succeed as also declined from 33 percent down to 22 percrent.  

The bottom line is your employees and future employees know the right answer when faced with an ethical dilemma, but need support from you and continuing ethics education to stay the course.  A code of ethics is only a beginning.  Daily it has to be pressed into the fabric of every organization. 

(edit) That formatted stupidly. I tried both code and blockquote, neither seemed to work better.

• i want a job! ;)

• We're hiring FT based employees. We have a few requirements.

• Must be of age in your country.
    • Must be able to work 37.5 - 40 hrs per week.
    • Must have some form of certification (ie. Red Hat, Cisco, etc).
    • Must be able to speak and write english.

Feel free to check out our website to learn more.

Thanks,
    TG

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Laugh all you like, but the OP's got some moves...

• @raindog308 LOL! o man, that was totally unexpected, but all good! = ) yep, that's me i'm a dancer, besides being a tech, and game designer...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

The music reminded me of some old one. The crazy early 90 clubs :) The ending was just perfect :D

• @jonmalave said: @raindog308 LOL! o man, that was totally unexpected, but all good! = ) yep, that's me i'm a dancer, besides being a tech, and game designer...

hot

• DrukpaDrukpa Member
    edited February 2013

By the way, what's the salary like, for a support staff in the VPS business? I am from Asia and am just curious. Or is it a hourly paid job? Fixed monthly?

• @Drukpa said: By the way, what's the salary like, for a support staff in the VPS business? I am from Asia and am just curious. Or is it a hourly paid job? Fixed monthly?

I'm from the United States, I dont know.

• @KernelSanders said: I'm from the United States, I dont know.

Haha. probably not an appropriate question to ask I guess.

• @Drukpa said: Haha. probably not an appropriate question to ask I guess.

No it's fine, I just found it funny how you randomly threw in that you were from Asia :P

A lot of providers do per ticket payments, some monthly.

• @Drukpa said: By the way, what's the salary like, for a support staff in the VPS business? I am from Asia and am just curious. Or is it a hourly paid job? Fixed monthly?

As with any job it depends on experience, the size of the company, the job required, the perks, etc...

If it's a pure support role the salary would be low. If you're talking about level3 support / sysadmin, netadmin, etc it would be a lot higher.