Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any VPS Hosting Companies Hiring?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any VPS Hosting Companies Hiring?

jonmalavejonmalave Member
edited February 2013 in General

Hello,
I am New to LowEndTalk, but not new to LowEndBox and VPS Related stuff... anyhow I was wondering if any VPS Hosting Companies here are Hiring?

I currently work from home and I am available just about anytime of the day to help any VPS Hosting Company with their Support Tickets or Live / OnDemand Chat Support or anything of that nature.

My professional experience has been mostly supporting Windows Environment, providing Desktop, End-User Support, but I am also Familiar with Linux and willing to learn more.

I have had previous Experience Working with a VPS Company called "FXColo" providing Remote Technical Support for Windows 7 (VPS) in VMware Environment. Also included Responding to Client Support Tickets, and Maintaining/Updating Knowledge Base Articles for End-Users.

If you are reading this, and you are a VPS Hosting Company Seeking some additional Staff, please do contact me at: jonmalave[at]hotmail.com, to further discuss any Opportunities you might have.

Sincerely,
Jon

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Welcome !
    There is a Problem with your Capitalization. You might Need to Correct it.

• Welcome. It might be good to let us know what timezone / location you are in. This is important.

• I'm in the US, Eastern TimeZone.

edited February 2013

@concerto49 said: Welcome. It might be good to let us know what timezone / location you are in. This is important.

Well, he said any time of the day, i think in American this includes the night, so...

• Please Note: I can provide you with Reference if needed, and Resume of my Professional Experience.

• Is your keyboard broke or are you just adding random capitalizations?

• @KernelSanders said: Is your keyboard broke or are you just adding random capitalizations?

That.

• @KernelSanders said: Is your keyboard broke or are you just adding random capitalizations?

Not to be rude, but most companies expect correct capitalization in sentences.

• geez... i guess i blew it huh because of my capitalization.... = (
    *should be an easy fix...

• *just a bad habit when typing on Forums, I normally do not type like that when sending a professional email to a client, or potential employer. I guess I should have taken this as a cover letter or something but on a Forum; lesson learned, thanks all! = )

• @jonmalave d0 y0u m34n y0u 7yp3 l1k3 7h15 1n f0rum5?

p.5. 50rry f0r bu571n6 y0ur b4ll5. c0uldn\'7 r35157 :-)

• @unused said: @jonmalave d0 y0u m34n y0u 7yp3 l1k3 7h15 1n f0rum5?

Took me 3 minutes to read it :D
    I am European...

• @unused said: d0 y0u m34n y0u 7yp3 l1k3 7h15 1n f0rum5?

Not to tough to read, if I would have understood "7 = t".

Also do any Company provide internship kind of things (if, then it might be a good start for you jonmalave).

Regards

• @MikeIn said: Not to tough to read, if I would have understood "7 = t".

" do you mean you type like this in forums ?
    p.s. sorry for busting your balls. couldn't resist"

p.s. has to be used only after you typed and posted your comment, then in the same moment you forget to add something and edited your comment.

• AndreAndre Member
    edited February 2013

@jonmvale
    Fixed for you.

Hello,

I am new to LowEndTalk, but not new to LowEndBox and VPS related stuff.
    Anyhow, I was wondering if any VPS hosting companies here are hiring?

I currently work from home and I am available just about any time of the day to help any VPS hosting company with their support tickets or live chat support or anything of that nature.

My professional experience has been mostly supporting the Windows environment, providing desktop and end-user support, but I am also familiar with Linux and willing to learn more.

I have had previous experience working with a VPS company called "FXColo" providing remote technical support for Windows 7 (VPS) in VMware environment. Also, this included responding to client support tickets, and maintaining/updating knowledge base articles for end-users.

If you are reading this, and you are a VPS hosting company seeking some additional staff, please do contact me at: jonmalave[at]hotmail.com, to further discuss any opportunities you might have.

Sincerely,

Jon

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Talked to Jon today. Besides the fact that I was acting like a retard and was trying to do three other things at once while talking on the phone, he seems very competent and friendly.

• @shovenose said: Talked to Jon today. Besides the fact that I was acting like a retard and was trying to do three other things at once while talking on the phone, he seems very competent and friendly.

Are you looking at hiring him?

@concerto49 said: Are you looking at hiring him?

Reading about his projects, there will certainly be a need for more than 1 person to handle all.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@concerto49 maybe
    @Maounique that

• @Andre said: Fixed for you.

He could just use Ms. Word/Excel functions to fix it. I'm sure there are other tools to do it easily.

• alterarchalterarch Member
    edited February 2013

@DalComp said: He could just use Ms. Word/Excel functions to fix it. I'm sure there are other tools to do it easily.

Yeah I got a piece of software that does that as part of a bundle. It was -text scrubber- textsoap or something of the sorts...

**Edit: **I just had a quick look and the software is called textsoap.

• @DalComp Yes he could have, but he didnt.. hence me doing it for him

• @Andre said: @DalComp Yes he could have, but he didnt.. hence me doing it for him

I know. Though it's better if he did, since it's a job seeking topic.
    First impression might be important for interested parties.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I honestly cannot believe someone new comes here And People jump All over him because he held a shift key down One to many times.

• @AnthonySmith

I knoW RiGHt

• @AnthonySmith This was his job application per-say. I would not hire someone who doesn't know how to use the simple functions of Microsoft office. This will be the person you hire to represent you and your company. I for one would ensure the person I'm looking to hire has decent grammar.

• Personally, if I were to hire someone, I'd look at grammar skills, seeing as You Are Writing Like ThiS it shows that you're not ready to be working.

• +1 @curtisg. Exactly my point.

• @curtisg said: Personally, if I were to hire someone, I'd look at grammar skills, seeing as You Are Writing Like ThiS it shows that you're not ready to be working.

You would get no such command if you did this in Linux.