Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[box.com] Get 50GB of Box FREE for Life
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[box.com] Get 50GB of Box FREE for Life

SpiritSpirit Member
edited February 2013 in General

https://www.box.com/signup/o/dell_50gb_give_get

Box, one of the oldest, larger cloud storage service provider have this moment special offer: 50GB (usually only 5GB) free storage.
It supposed to be "Dell exclusive offer" but as it seems Dell only sponsor it and everyone can get it. There's limitation however. The biggest uploaded file size for free account can be 250MB so not suitable for bigger backups. It could be still handy to have one.

Comments

• Thanks for the hint! Registration worked fine and I received 50GB. :)

• Thanks for the share.

• Thanks for sharing, @Spirit

• Thanks!

• Thank you for sharing this @Spirit much appreciated

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Neat, thanks.

• Thanks, nice Share :)

Plus Thanks Btn :| missing

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

They've gradually become lest restrictive with their service over time as well. A while back you could get 50GB for free for installing the iOS app, but you could barely do anything with it. Recommend grabbing free stuff from them when you can, even if you don't find it useful. They may surprise you later.

• I wish I could just upgrade old account.

• This is Awesome!! thanks!!

• When you sign up for it, it says the bandwidth is only 10GB, so I guess it would take 5 months to actually use to 50GB of storage?

• Thanks for sharing, @Spirit.

• Thank you!

• Thanks!

• komokomo Member
    edited February 2013

Nice one. I just mounted it with davfs2 on my server. Davfs shows only 13GB free instead of 50GB but that is still great.

And great speed. Duplicity/rsync is uploading files with 6MB/s. I just mounted dav drive locally but it might even work directly with duplicity without mounting because duplicity supports webdav.

I just hangs sometimes but I just let duplicity run once every hour.

• Done. Thanks for posting!

• Thanks

@komo Do you have any tutorial?

• FRO5TFRO5T Member
    edited February 2013

Thank you @Spirit
    Does the bandwidth is resetted each month ? Becuz I don't want once I've used the whole 10gigs to be pushed to upgrade.

• Thank you very much @Spirit :)

• hmm.. after signup confirmation got email to refer to 2 co-workers/friends for 50GB each... i sent to my dedicated co-workers - left.hand & right.hand. Total now is 150GB in 50 GB parts.. not bad :)

Shud i now cancel one of my 100GB backup space LEB ? ;)

• @Pats said: Total now is 150GB in 50 GB parts.. not bad :)

Do you now have 3 accounts with 50gb each or 1 account with 150gb?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Do you now have 3 accounts with 50gb each or 1 account with 150gb?

i think it's not 1 account 150GB. but 3 account 150GB each 50GB.

thanks @spirit

• wroxwrox Member
    edited February 2013

Thank you for letting us know mate! Got one here too.

@komo @Fran I second this.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited February 2013

Now if someone could combine all the 50gbs together to one large virtual FS...(My little LEB greediness haha)

**UPDATE*** Found a tutorial online on how to mount the Box folder to Linux desktop:

http://maketecheasier.com/auto-mount-box-net-to-linux-desktop/2012/03/27

• PatsPats Member
    edited February 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said: Do you now have 3 accounts with 50gb each

= TRUE

• @zhuanyi said: mount the Box folder to Linux desktop

non-desktop LEB to Box folder.. anyone know? :)

• @Pats said: non-desktop LEB to Box folder.. anyone know? :)

I think that tutorial works for non-desktop as well since it is mostly command lines except the last step to mount the folder during startup, but if I remembered correctly you can just do a updaterc in command line for it as well.

• non-desktop LEB to Box folder.. anyone know? :)

Google "davfs2". If you LEB are OpenVZ it needs to be FUSE enabled. If not you can still use curl for automation of file uploads/downloads (but it won't mount it ofc).

• works here :) and I've invite all of my email :P so I can get 50 GB x 10 = 500 GB