Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FraudRecord Pro WHMCS Module - Get Free License & Share Your Opnion - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FraudRecord Pro WHMCS Module - Get Free License & Share Your Opnion

2»

Comments

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    I dunno, sounds like you have not really thought about it much to me.

thank you AnthonySmith for saying the truth as your right it isn't really thought out my module does more then that it actually checks the orders and screens them and if they don't pass the 2 step screening process(fraudrecord,getipintel.net api) it changes the order status to fraud.

• timnboys said: thank you AnthonySmith for saying the truth as your right it isn't really thought out my module does more then that it actually checks the orders and screens them and if they don't pass the 2 step screening process(fraudrecord,getipintel.net api) it changes the order status to fraud.

Why don't you create a different thread for promoting your own Module ?

it's not good being shameless, is it ?

• @HOSTBD24 said:
    it's not good being shameless, is it ?

why don't you follow AnthonySmith's advice instead?
    As he made a good point as what purpose does this really do? as if it doesn't run fraud checks on every order what good is it? it is expected your "module" does more than what the "official" fraudrecord module does or its basically not worth it.

• @timnboys I already replied him and also thanked him for his idea ... Also we already have started working on it ...

Our module is already better than native FraudRecord module for WHMCS and we are still working on it to improve it ...

But you are acting like you have done something which no one can do ... if you want to promote your own module get a new thread of your own ...

you are stuck with one module from beginning and your pricing is not even affordable so what is the point for acting like a person whom everyone should thank ?

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2016

@HOSTBD24 said:
    timnboys I already replied him and also thanked him for his idea ... Also we already have started working on it ...

Our module is already better than native FraudRecord module for WHMCS and we are still working on it to improve it ...

But you are acting like you have done something which no one can do ... if you want to promote your own module get a new thread of your own ...

you are stuck with one module from beginning and your pricing is not even affordable so what is the point for acting like a person whom everyone should thank ?

really $7/month is unaffordable? just confused on that?
    you sure I am "stuck" with one module from beginning?
    you surely don't know what is in the "cookbook" for new modules.

so what is the point for acting like a person whom everyone should thank ?

I don't believe anyone should "thank" me.

I already have a "thread" in the process of making and no I haven't "acting like you have done something which no one can do" anyone with basic php skills can build what you and me built.

because you do realize people have already said in this thread they want something to check the orders automatically like mine already does they don't want something that isn't going to automate it for them? as to be honest what is the difference between your module and the official fraudrecord module not really much they both do about the same thing and do not automate the process and make it easier for the provider.

• ricardo777ricardo777 Member
    edited March 2016

@timnboys said:
    I already have a "thread" in the process of making and no I haven't "acting like you have done something which no one can do" anyone with basic php skills can build what you and me built.

7 a month is very expensive I van better use max mind then

Thanked by 1HOSTBD24
  • @ricardo777 said:
    7 a month is very expensive I van better use max mind then

okay what do you suggest then? because I can tell you you really don't know what prices are in the "cookbook" as there might be cheaper prices coming soon.

• timnboys said: really $7/month is unaffordable? just confused on that? you sure I am "stuck" with one module from beginning? you surely don't know what is the "cookbook" for new modules.

No, Modules or Addons for any software should be one time payment or yearly ... Most of the people think in the same way and that's why official modules, addons are one time ...

Your module will cost people $84.00 USD /Year ... where for mine it's only $5.00 USD /Year, it will be the same even we include that feature @AnthonySmith requested ... so do you still think it's affordable ?

• ricardo777 said: 7 a month is very expensive I van better use max mind then

You are right, it's very expensive when it comes to modules, addons or plugins for any software like WHMCS ...

• @HOSTBD24 said:
    Your module will cost people $84.00 USD /Year ... where for mine it's only $5.00 USD /Year, it will be the same even we include that feature AnthonySmith requested ... so do you still think it's affordable ?

you sure as I said above:

I can tell you you really don't know what prices are in the "cookbook" as there might be cheaper prices coming soon.

• @timnboys Whatever, wish you good luck with your plans ... just make sure you don't promote your product on anyone else promotion thread ...

People will buy from whoever they like, it can be you or me or anyone else ... so there is no profit in arguing ...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2016

tbh, they seriously lack imagination, just wrapping some code around an API does not deserve a high price tag as it adds no new features, sure it makes it a little easier but I am not processing the 1000's of orders per day that I cant spend an extra 4 seconds checking it myself.

Put some thought in to both of them and we can talk triple figures, there is SO MUCH that could be done that is not being done, until it is, single figures as a tip is fine.

Thats my 2c anyway.

Edit: just for the record I am not saying they are bad, just limited, the price is fine for both.

• (Disclaimer: All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program. The following post may or may not contain such links)

@nalkubaxd5 You just create an account (step 1) then go to Report Manager and choose Make a query. It is not needed to create a reporter profile just to check the database.

• timnboys said: really $7/month is unaffordable?

Since you asked, yes $7 is not affordable when I can run the native FraudRecord client manually. Plus you are attempting to hijack @HOSTBD24 thread, go have a tall cool glass of STFU. his module at $5/yr is more in line to be helpful, and not try to force an unwanted partner into my business. Like @AnthonySmith said, I can take an extra few seconds to manually run it instead of giving you a large percentage of profit. Why do I care if it takes me even 10 seconds longer to manually run it, I can pause Netflix.

Thanked by 3HOSTBD24 MikePT iKeyZ
  • @miTgiB We cost very small amount and you should try it out ... you don't even need to pause your Netflix .. :)

• some people just fear of competition

miTgiB said: Why do I care if it takes me even 10 seconds longer to manually run it

This is the bottom line^

Your not dealing with companies that take so many orders in a day that this is worth worrying about, it is not solving any problems.

If you did something that did all of the above, checked each account on anniversary, checked again if the paypal account(email) is different to the account email, and added an extra feature like checking address/telephone information against current closed/inactive accounts to weed out the chancres, and built in an auto response when an account is flagged as fraud, I might consider it.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Tough crowd as always. But this does put HOSTBD24 in a little more favorable light to me - here today, gone tomorrow hosts aren't usually writing WHMCS modules.

Hmmm, I may have to actually use the $5/yr HOSTBD24 VPS I have...

• @raindog308 This type of comment is our inspiration. Thanks.

• they are good i am using that for my company....

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited March 2016

@MSPNick said:
    Seems like a really good idea. I'd like to try. Have you asked permission of fraud record to make this though?

Anyone has my blessing to create modules, although I do recommend not fetching the showreport page, but instead show a link. It's not part of the API, and its features can change any minute without warning. Also, a fetched report is static, while a report page displays latest information, for example if a new entry was made after the initial report generation.

Showreport page is already in the process of being upgraded, and the displayed info will be different depending on whether it's the "first time view" (by the host) or "later view", which may be by the host or by anyone who has the link. I'm adding some privacy features, and fetching the report page will void the "first time view" feature, and will result in data loss by this module.

In short,

HOSTBD24 said: reports in the order details page

not so favorable by me. That was never the intended use of that page, and fetching will break some features in the near future (right now it doesn't). The "fisrt time view" feature will depend on the IP of the user, and if the web server is fetching the initial report page, the user's computer will be considered a "guest" and have more limited info.

Thanked by 1HOSTBD24
  • @Harzem It's really so great to get a response from you.

You said fetching reports from reports page is not favorable by you, why ?

because of the advertisement that page show or anything else ?

Showing reports within WHMCS admin area is a nice feature for everyone, it's easier than the native module to check FraudRecord reports. You should allow querying reports DB in the new version of API.

also if you don't include this in the new version of API, is there any other way to show reports without an outbound link ?

• I will order it later today when I be back to normal IP. At this moment fraud protection got me :)

Thanked by 1HOSTBD24
  • GalaxyHostPlus said: I will order it later today when I be back to normal IP. At this moment fraud protection got me :)

You are always welcome to try it out :)

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Definitely would buy a HostBill module of FR ;)

Harzem said: That was never the intended use of that page

But in all seriousness, that is exactly the right place for it from any hosts perspective :)

Maybe change your plans a little to accommodate?

Thanked by 2HOSTBD24 PremiumN
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Maybe change your plans a little to accommodate?

You are used to the current static reports. You have no idea what is coming up :) you'll be amazed how much more helpful FraudRecord is capable of being. But it's impossible with fetching. It's like asking LET for a printed copy of yesterday's discussions. It just won't work with the new environment.

The new developing code base of FR 3.0 is 22x larger than existing version, and it's not even done yet. Imagine the upcoming upgrade :)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Harzem said: You are used to the current static reports. You have no idea what is coming up :) you'll be amazed how much more helpful FraudRecord is capable of being. But it's impossible with fetching. It's like asking LET for a printed copy of yesterday's discussions. It just won't work with the new environment.

The new developing code base of FR 3.0 is 22x larger than existing version, and it's not even done yet. Imagine the upcoming upgrade :)

have a general ETA?

• Awmusic12635 said: have a general ETA?

Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to? Soon™

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

miTgiB said: Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to? Soon™

I can dream

Thanked by 1miTgiB