Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BunnyCDN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BunnyCDN

Hello,

I was a customer of https://www.keycdn.com/, and tried https://bunnycdn.com/

I'm telling of their services, and I am now customer.

They are a bit low for Oceania (Autralia, new zeland).

With https://www.keycdn.com/ statistics are better.

For example, geo stats, Real-Time Log. There are not, at https://bunnycdn.com/

I hope these features will be added soon.

Thanked by 1pbgben

Comments

• I'm confused. Anyway, would you recommend them? At keycdn, the minimum you can load credits is at $29, how about BunnyCDN?

Thanks.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

This is all leading to some horrible Easter seasonal joke, isn't it...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • What Easter seasonal joke???

Thanked by 2deadbeef netomx
  • BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

Hello,

I was a customer of https://www.keycdn.com/, and tried https://bunnycdn.com/

I'm telling of their services, and I am now customer.

They are a bit low for Oceania (Autralia, new zeland).

With https://www.keycdn.com/ statistics are better.

For example, geo stats, Real-Time Log. There are not, at https://bunnycdn.com/

I hope these features will be added soon.

Thanks for giving BunnyCDN a try. We are currently working hard on adding new features, including adding real-time logging, but it's coming in the next few months. We
    want to add a sort of "tail -f" version of logging but in a way that it does not overload your browser. Should be interesting to see how it turns out :)

@MissFortune said:
    I'm confused. Anyway, would you recommend them? At keycdn, the minimum you can load credits is at $29, how about BunnyCDN?

Thanks.

The minimum deposit at the moment is $5 for now.

@raindog308 said:
    This is all leading to some horrible Easter seasonal joke, isn't it...

Black frida... eerrr easter sales! :D This could actually be a (weird) thing.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

It's impossible for me to have a negative view of someone with a username of BunnySpeed whose avatar is chalkboard art of a bunny riding a rocket-powered carrot.

Nice website, but I'd change "MI" to "FL" on your map, because when I hear "MI" I think "Michigan" not "Miami".

I'm surprised to see Azure listed...isn't their per-GB network price insanely expensive for running a CDN?

Good point, you're right, this might actually be misleading, it was just meant to be a list of partners, so we should probably remove Azure. Only the backend is hosted on there, other parts are on other services.

We are currently negotiating funding and will probably be moving everything to LeaseWeb and Voxility if things go as planned, so the list might be updated soon.

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • filefile Member

@BunnySpeed said:
    We are currently negotiating funding and will probably be moving everything to LeaseWeb and Voxility if things go as planned, so the list might be updated soon.

Good luck on funding! Always good to have more competition to drive things overall down.

• @wwabbit said:
    What Easter seasonal joke???

I actually laughed out loud :D

• @BunnySpeed said:
    We want to add a sort of "tail -f" version of logging but in a way that it does not overload your browser.

WebGL is they way to do it.

edited March 2016

@file said:
    Good luck on funding! Always good to have more competition to drive things overall down.

@deadbeef said:
    I actually laughed out loud :D

EDIT: Nvm :P

@deadbeef said:
    WebGL is they way to do it.

An interesting idea actually, I wonder what the performance would be like.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited March 2016

@BunnySpeed said:
    An interesting idea actually, I wonder what the performance would be like.

It would be silky smooth, that's the whole point of using 2D vectors (i.e. acceleration) instead of creating a boatload of DOM elements (i.e. heavy as a summer rhino shit festival).

Couple it with WebSockets for streaming the data and you get unicorns and rainbows.

Now you made me want to stay up all night and build a mockup :)

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited March 2016

I've got a couple of tiny sites using BunnyCDN.

Not sure what I can say about them really other than the service works, the price is right and the support team are helpful and nice to deal with.

I hope they do get to expand, but I also hope in doing so they don't become all corporate and disconnected from their customers.

One thing I would say is that loading animation in the control panel when you apply a change needs to be changed to the bunny blasting off on a carrot or something ;-)

• @BunnySpeed said:
    Now you made me want to stay up all night and build a mockup :)

That's the spirit ;)

• sinsin Member

I never heard of them until this thread and now I can't wait to try them out. I was looking for a CDN that had a low minimum purchase price.

• @BunnySpeed

If a site that uses bunnycdn gets ddos'ed the attack will use use up the bunnycdn credits correct?

edited March 2016

@Stevie said:
    BunnySpeed

If a site that uses bunnycdn gets ddos'ed the attack will use use up the bunnycdn credits correct?

You can set a bandwidth limit and when it's reached we suspend your pull zone and stop charging for bandwidth for that pull zone. You can then increase the limit and it will get unsuspended. We aren't a DDOS protection service though :)

edited March 2016

@deadbeef said:
    That's the spirit ;)

10 days later, my "one-nighter" is finished xD I used canvas though, it seemed to perform fast enough. WebGL seems a bit too complicated.

Thanked by 2doghouch deadbeef
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@BunnySpeed Nice! It's too bad I have ~$320 loaded on MaxCDN q.q

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited April 2016

@bunnyspeed Any chance of setting a separate bandwidth quota for Asia given that region is more expensive than the others.

I.e It would be nice to drop Asia out earlier than the entire zone (I leave it in at the moment as I don't expect to take much traffic from that region)

Thanked by 1BunnySpeed
  • @BunnySpeed said:

@deadbeef said:
    That's the spirit ;)

10 days later, my "one-nighter" is finished xD I used canvas though, it seemed to perform fast enough. WebGL seems a bit too complicated.

I didn't get a notification for the quoting, but better late than never:

Congrats!

Thanked by 1BunnySpeed
    edited April 2016

@dragon2611 said:
    @bunnyspeed Any chance of setting a separate bandwidth quota for Asia given that region is more expensive than the others.

I.e It would be nice to drop Asia out earlier than the entire zone (I leave it in at the moment as I don't expect to take much traffic from that region)

I think it wouldn't be that big of a problem technically, but it might make a the UI a bit complicated. How about adding a separate limit for the amount used in a month.

Thanks for the idea :) I'll see what can be done.

@deadbeef said:
    I didn't get a notification for the quoting, but better late than never:

Congrats!

Glad you like it. :)

EDIT: Cleaned this up a bit.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @Bunnycdn yeh sorry I meant a separate limit

edited April 2016

Yeah, I know. I think I understood you. I just thought of another way to save the problem of spending too much that doesn't rely simply on counting bandwidth but on counting the amount spent. I forgot to add a questionmark instead of a full stop.

I was thinking a bit about your idea and I think it would be quite simple to execute, but instead of returning 509 the zone should have to be disabled I think. On the other hand if you exceed the normal quota, it should return the 509 code.

• @BunnySpeed yep that pretty much hits the Nail on the head.

• Does anyone know Bunnycdn support hls streaming.

• @rush0143 said:
    Does anyone know Bunnycdn support hls streaming.

https://bunnycdn.com/solutions/video-delivery.

Double check with @Bunnyspeed though

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I feel really tempted to sign up. How does it compare to CF? Can we add multiple domains? Does it allow me to use it as a proxy and serve it cdn based like CF? Any DDoS Protection @BunnySpeed

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited December 2017

@MikePT said:
    I feel really tempted to sign up. How does it compare to CF?

Their Bunnies are fast

Can we add multiple domains?

Yes,

Does it allow me to use it as a proxy and serve it cdn based like CF?

I was able to use the same domain as Origin for linked hostnames, so I think you can but not sure how well will it work.

Any DDoS Protection @BunnySpeed

;

@BunnySpeed said:

@Stevie said:
    BunnySpeed

You can set a bandwidth limit and when it's reached we suspend your pull zone and stop charging for bandwidth for that pull zone. You can then increase the limit and it will get unsuspended. We aren't a DDOS protection service though :)

Thanked by 1MikePT