Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS - Custom Modules
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS - Custom Modules

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello folks,

We're planning to launch a few WHMCS modules to the Market, and would like to know, what modules are you guys missing in WHMCS? Or even, integrations?

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Build it and they will come.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mikho said:
    Build it and they will come.

Certainly, but we would like to know what modules do you miss in WHMCS?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

CLOUDSTACK pretty pretty please :) if you need suggestions or beta tester for that I totally would be up for it.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Oh god, I could keep you stocked up with ideas for years for WHMCS modules/ add-ons/hooks that would actually be useful rather than making yet another 'insert useless thing 364 days a year here' or yet another slightly different support or provisioning module.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WHTWHT Member

A module that allows selling from other providers. A universal one. Lats say I want to resell time4vps vps plans, chicagovps reseller plans and buyshared hosting plans. So it should work with all providers that uses whmcs.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@WHT said:
    A module that allows selling from other providers. A universal one. Lats say I want to resell time4vps vps plans, chicagovps reseller plans and buyshared hosting plans. So it should work with all providers that uses whmcs.

Interesting.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Would be useful if you put your ideas to public :) so other developers can intervene.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited March 2016

I know!

Make a WHMCS module that sends a curl request to manage VPS servers off of a SolusVM reseller account :p

@shovenose said:
    CLOUDSTACK pretty pretty please :) if you need suggestions or beta tester for that I totally would be up for it.

We'll investigate it! :-)

@AnthonySmith said:
    Oh god, I could keep you stocked up with ideas for years for WHMCS modules/ add-ons/hooks that would actually be useful rather than making yet another 'insert useless thing 364 days a year here' or yet another slightly different support or provisioning module.

I guess I can get online a VOTE for feature / WHMCS Module... :)
    It'd be excellent to have your input.

@WHT said:

Interesting as well, but needs full API for that, or it wouldn't work hehehee.

@BharatB said:

We (BackupInstance), will be developing modules, so only our devs would be working on it.

@FlamesRunner said:
    I know!

Make a WHMCS module that sends a curl request manages VPS servers off of a SolusVM reseller account :p

I and our dev spoke about this, we can create a module that'll work with the new SolusVM version, we'll have news for sure.

I'm checking if there's any script, self-hosted, to suggest and vote for features. In this case, WHMCS Modules.

• I think the modules for hourly pay and filed promotion code to add the balance digitalocean type, vultr.

If you create an account with us;)

@takerhost said:
    I think the modules for hourly pay and filed promotion code to add the balance digitalocean type, vultr.

If you create an account with us;)

Hmm, I didn't get it? Can you explain better?

• The hourly pay, if a customer adds $ 10 balance go discounting the balance per hour. (Type digitalocean)

The other serious module to add promotional codes

1- http://prntscr.com/ahrws1

2- http://prntscr.com/ahrx60

@takerhost said:
    The hourly pay, if a customer adds $ 10 balance go discounting the balance per hour. (Type digitalocean)

The other serious module to add promotional codes

1- http://prntscr.com/ahrws1

2- http://prntscr.com/ahrx60

There are similar ideas, but....

@AnthonySmith, @shovenose, @takerhost, @FlamesRunner, @WHT, feel free to head to: http://dev.backupinstance.com/

This is just a basic system to share your ideas and gather votes.

We'll be starting developing custom WHMCS modules next week.

All ideas are pending moderation, as soon as we approve the idea, it'll be public.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    All ideas are pending moderation, as soon as we approve the idea, it'll be public.

so you are looking to make money off of other people's ideas?
    really?
    oh and I have taken a screenshot of the message in case you decide to take it down

^ I am just saying really you are going to cash in on someone's else's idea and not giving them the cut while you claim the module idea originally came from you....no offense but it appears you must be really "cheap" to steep that low.
    I can tell you I have many ideas of whmcs modules like I would want to build provisioning modules for different panels like I did for opennebula for blesta that doesn't currently exist but if someone gave me the idea I am surely not going to claim it as my own and make money off of it without giving the person who gave me the idea a cut that is basic ethics. that is if it was going to be paid module which it appears you are doing.

if you gave the person who gave you the idea a cut in the sales of said module there wouldn't be a problem then since the person who had the idea wouldn't feel like they got ripped off allowing you to basically make money off of their idea when they didn't get even one cent of a cut from the sales of the module and also possibly claiming it as your "own" idea which would still be bad as it is like what happened to I believe how facebook started mark zuckerberg was supposed to code "facebook" for a college classmate not for himself as it was their idea not his but yet he flipped and turned the tables and he flipped that idea to appear like his own and now he is a billionaire or millionaire for basically ripping off the college classmate which isn't nice and probably wishes he had kept it to himself so he wouldn't feel like he got ripped off for not even getting anything from that fortune his idea made him.

Edit:

Here, https://backupinstance.helprace.com/i4-you-are-welcome-to-share-your-ideas

Use this one, though.

We'll create a few examples tomorrow.

Your ideas would be great to help us decide priorities, and which modules you'd love to see.

edited March 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    Edit:

Here, https://backupinstance.helprace.com/i4-you-are-welcome-to-share-your-ideas

Use this one, though.

We'll create a few examples tomorrow.

Your ideas would be great to help us decide priorities, and which modules you'd love to see.

really? I would say this I don't know if I would trust you after the last "post" you made. see my previous comment for my explanation on this.

@timnboys said:
    really? I would say this I don't know if I would trust you after the last "post" you made. see my previous comment for my explanation on this.

I don't care if you trust me or not. If you're not interested, then simply don't participate.

timnboys said: ^ I am just saying really you are going to cash in on someone's else's idea and not giving them the cut while you claim the module idea originally came from you....no offense but it appears you must be really "cheap" to steep that low. I can tell you I have many ideas of whmcs modules like I would want to build provisioning modules for different panels like I did for opennebula for blesta that doesn't currently exist but if someone gave me the idea I am surely not going to claim it as my own and make money off of it without giving the person who gave me the idea a cut that is basic ethics. that is if it was going to be paid module which it appears you are doing.

if you gave the person who gave you the idea a cut in the sales of said module there wouldn't be a problem then since the person who had the idea wouldn't feel like they got ripped off allowing you to basically make money off of their idea when they didn't get even one cent of a cut from the sales of the module and also possibly claiming it as your "own" idea which would still be bad as it is like what happened to I believe how facebook started mark zuckerberg was supposed to code "facebook" for a college classmate not for himself as it was their idea not his but yet he flipped and turned the tables and he flipped that idea to appear like his own and now he is a billionaire or millionaire for basically ripping off the college classmate which isn't nice and probably wishes he had kept it to himself so he wouldn't feel like he got ripped off for not even getting anything from that fortune his idea made him.

Hilarious. Truly hilarious. So, we're trying to gather some ideas, and therefore, we must provide it for free?

If you had developers to pay for, you'd know that business, is business. Programming takes time, and therefore, money.

I have previously stated, that these modules won't be free. We're a company here. Registered, fully legal. We need to pay salaries. We have a developer, a Designer and me. We're three folks who need to pay our bill. Period.

I wouldn't claim the ideas as my own, if I am getting the feedback here, so it's quite logical that they're not our ideas. However, as I wrote, we need to bill in order to develop those and keep those updates.

And, @timnboys, there is not a single user from here who can claim I ripped off. We have several clients here, and we're serious people, entrepreneus. I don't see what's wrong about gathering feedback.

Now, please, go to your own thread. I see you already have custom modules, so, why are you trying to ruin my thread?

Leave my thread.

edited March 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    And, timnboys, there is not a single user from here who can claim I ripped off. We have several clients here, and we're serious people, entrepreneus. I don't see what's wrong about gathering feedback.

Now, please, go to your own thread. I see you already have custom modules, so, why are you trying to ruin my thread?

Leave my thread.

So, we're trying to gather some ideas, and therefore, we must provide it for free?

I never said you had to provide it to everyone for free but you must make "credit where credit is due" and at least give the idea submitter only the module free or some discounted rate give them something at least.

we're serious people, entrepreneus.

So am I.

I don't see what's wrong about gathering feedback.

There's nothing wrong with "feedback" but if that "feedback" turns into a "paid module" at least give only the idea submitter the module free or discounted rate or something at least for compensation as to be honest if I gave my idea to someone and they did what mark zuckerberg did I would be steaming mad and that is understandable considering would you like that to happen to you if the tables was turned on you?

why are you trying to ruin my thread?

I am not trying to ruin your thread at all I am trying to tell you how to avoid a lawsuit or something when you do something like mark zuckerberg did.

seriously I am just giving you advice on what I have learned as a "entrepreneur".

timnboys said: I never said you had to provide it to everyone for free but you must make "credit where credit is due" and at least give the idea submitter only the module free or some discounted rate give them something at least.

Whoever suggests it, will obviously get it for free. Granted, that we value people's opinion.

In this case, our goal is to see what WHMCS users are missing in WHMCS, then we can develop those.

timnboys said: There's nothing wrong with "feedback" but if that "feedback" turns into a "paid module" at least give only the idea submitter the module free or discounted rate or something at least for compensation as to be honest if I gave my idea to someone and they did what mark zuckerberg did I would be steaming mad and that is understandable considering would you like that to happen to you if the tables was turned on you?

Of course. All those who contribute, get discount. That is obviously. You'd need to ask that before hand, and not accuse me of trying to rip off anyone here. I have done a lot of business here, and do not have any upset customers, at all.

timnboys said: I am not trying to ruin your thread at all I am trying to tell you how to avoid a lawsuit or something when you do something like mark zuckerberg did.

seriously I am just giving you advice on what I have learned as a "entrepreneur".

Gosh man. These are suggestions, only. Not a next-Facebook. Calm down.

As for being entrepreneur, I believe I'm doing an excellent job. Thank you.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

timnboys said: so you are looking to make money off of other people's ideas? really?

Asking what your customers/the public want you to provide isn't making money off people's ideas. It is simple market research.

Thanked by 2MikePT doghouch

Indeed. And we want to program modules that the public needs.

• I don't think that @timnboys understands' how marketing works. He might need to learn what a survey is :d

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • tommytommy Member

@doghouch said:
    I don't think that timnboys understands' how marketing works. He might need to learn what a survey is :d

How that market research work? Since he just asking about everything from zero.

He dont have idea what he working on (later).

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@tommy said:
    He dont have idea what he working on (later).

(tl;dr version)

He complained about @MrGeneral's survey on what module he/his team should code next. This was where @timnboys started arguing to MrGeneral about "stealing ideas" and whatnot.

Thanked by 2pedagang MikePT