Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many VPS could you host... - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many VPS could you host...

13»

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

• edited February 2013

@shovenose - Psshh please! Couldn't be them.. ;) cough

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited February 2013

Nutty folks with all those accounts on 1 box. I'd be impressed if I wasn't a customer who saw the effects of the mass oversell on many servers out there. Ho hum. To sell to the stupid who don't know better.. ho hum.

@Damian, your model with small accounts = fine. Lots of headaches with tiny plans and support issues.

I'd like to know how folks with these low prices and crazy high density and often luke warm performance deal with the support? Do you folks have lowendsupport too? Or are you outsourcing to chimpmunks who work for nuts?

• @Damian said: LOW END SECRETS

Haha yes I'm sure you have your own secret sauce!!

@KernelSanders said: @shovenose couldn't be the one who was just recently offering 3GB LEB could it..? ;)

I hear 3gb is old news.. 4 gb is the in thing now!!

• Give me the 8GB VPS :) Hasn't been one of those yet :)

Actually 4GB I don't believe has been done.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@pubcrawler said: @Damian, your model with small accounts = fine.

In the days we were doing 50cents, I was contemplating the idea to make those only for things like VPNs, irc, ping boxes, etc.
    It was obvious many ppl will buy only to have them idle 90% of the time and would have been worth it, but the IPv4 shortage would have meant a big waste.
    It is not fair to throw an IPv4 like that when others have a problem finding IPs at double the price of a 50cents vps.
    It is similar when I give meat to the cat (by products i buy specially, but still) when other ppl are starving and those money would literally save lives.
    I guess once an economist, always an economist :)

• I hear there's supposed to be some 6GB LEB deals soon!! Completely redefining the meaning of Low End! (Quite literally..)

@pubcrawler: would be happy to provide 4gb for $7/month :P people would just make some bad judgements :P 3.1GB would be better!

• @pubcrawler said: Actually 4GB I don't believe has been done.

unfortunately it has!!

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7801/4gb-uk-vps-for-4.00month-6.26-usd#Item_53

• @pubcrawler 6GB has been done; remember the recent OneProvider offer?

6GB RAM
    6TB Bandwidth
    750 Gb storage
    $19.75 USD/mo

I also recently got 4GB at a ridiculously nice price because a provider doubled specs due to an outage.

@geekalot said: $19.75 USD/mo

• @geekalot said: $19.75 USD/mo

I could get a Dedi at that price.. the challenge is doing it for $7 and under..

• @Maounique, yes, good point I guess that is not LEB ... but I thought it was a decent deal for the resources provided ;-)

The 4gb is definitely LEB approved. :)

• That 4GB offer is still speculative and sketchy.

No one has fessed up to buying one.

edited February 2013

@pubcrawler said: No one has fessed up to buying one.

I wouldnt be so sure, many ppl buy VPSes here for fun. Unless fessed is something else than I think.

• @pubcrawler said: No one has fessed up to buying one.

To be honest I was tempted but with all the restrictions in place it's hard to use up even a fraction of the resources so kinda pointless really..

• Fessed = admitted @Maounique. As in responding to the inquiries and saying, yep, I took the bait and bought one :)

• @pubcrawler said: Is this some sort of provider orgy to see who can pack the most customers in the least resources and have the biggest kaboom when it comes crashing down?

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Haha @AnthonySmith, no chance SolusVM doesn't support that out of the box :p

They don't? They assured me it does (not that I'm using solus, but I just wanna know if they've just been fooling me).

Or are you being sarcastic?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@GetKVM_Ash said: no chance SolusVM doesn't support that out of the box

Everyone says that.. I dont understand, just set the ipv4 range to 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.254 and turn off IPv4 in the templates :)

• @AnthonySmith said: Everyone says that.. I dont understand, just set the ipv4 range to 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.254 and turn off IPv4 in the templates :)

Exactly, that's not out of the box is it :P

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@GetKVM_Ash said: Haha @AnthonySmith, no chance SolusVM doesn't support that out of the box :p

He could just give them LAN based IPv4s haha :P

• 800vps in one same node, and all where ipv4 ??, nice....

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited February 2013

Well, for what it is worth, Kiloserve runs 48 core nodes with 128 GB of RAM.

http://kiloserve.com/48-core-nodes

Not sure how many clients on it, but I am guessing tons... CPU and disk I/O were excellent, during the time I used their VPS. Although Kiloserve is most likely going to deadpool soon here.

@NateN34 why would they deadpool, with infrastructure like that?