Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Anyone have any servers I could buy from them and have them colo with them?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Anyone have any servers I could buy from them and have them colo with them?

Note I don't want globalfrag or kazza I have heard way too many horror stories on them.
I am looking basically for someone like a provider that is selling old servers and will colo them as well.
Note though I would prefer dedicated kvmoip/ipmi with the server(s) if possible
As I would like to branch out and actually own the hardware I use.
Though I would like to say this though I expect the provider to be reputable though I don't want a nightmare like globalfrag or kazza.
I am currently waiting on payday before I buy anything so that gives me time to review the offers and "vet" them to make sure there what I want but note I ask the prices and everything stay within low end prices since this is LowendTalk after all.

Comments

• you can try @vyprnetworks

• VyprNetworksVyprNetworks Member
    edited March 2016

Thanks for the mention @Mridul

I have the following in Dallas Carrier 1 facility.

2xIntel Xeon E5550 Quad Core
    12GB RAM
    500GB SAS HDD
    Asking $150.00

Also

2xIntel Xeon L5420 Quad Core
    32GB RAM
    2x500GB SATA
    Asking $100.00

Can do first month colocation for free on these servers.

The 2xIntel Xeon is 2U so the colocation price at base will be $40.00 per month.
    The 2xIntel Xeon L5420 is 1U so the colocation price at base will be $25.00 per month.

Those are the cheapest servers that I have available for buy now pricing. If you have any other questions let me know.

Colocation would include: 

10TB Bandwidth 
    1 IPv4 
    30Gbps Mitigation Shared 
    Fair Share of Power Usage
    KVMoIP on Demand 
    IPv6 Available

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2016

@VyprNetworks said:
    Thanks for the mention Mridul

I have the following in Dallas Carrier 1 facility.

2xIntel Xeon E5550|12GB RAM|500GB SAS HDD - Asking $150.00

Also

2xIntel Xeon L5420|32GB RAM|2x500GB SATA - Asking $100.00

Can do first month colocation for free on these servers.

The 2xIntel Xeon is 2U so the colocation price at base will be $40.00 per month.
    The 2xIntel Xeon L5420 is 1U so the colocation price at base will be $25.00 per month.

Those are the cheapest servers that I have available for buy now pricing. If you have any other questions let me know.

okay let me ask then which one supports nested virtualization?
    and also I cannot find any specs on a E5550 I can though on a X5550
    so you might want to correct that.

Also on your signature

E3-1230v3 $85.00

It says for $85.00 I would prefer that if possible considering looking at the specs from intel below:

http://ark.intel.com/products/75054/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1230-v3-8M-Cache-3_30-GHz

those specs are better than the two others combined.

nevermind above I found out it was one of your rented servers.

But I would definitely have to take the X5550 or you said "E5550"
    since according to intel it supports nested virtualization and the other doesn't.

• timnboys said: But I would definitely have to take the X5550 or you said "E5550"

Could be an E5450 or a E5520 as well, just 1 digit off :P

edited March 2016

@timnboys said:

>

All of the servers in my signature are servers that we have for rent monthly not for sale unfortunately. However if you really need one I can swoop up an RTO contract for you for one of them?

The specs on the E5550 are:

2xIntel Xeon E5550 
    Quad Core 2.67GHz
    12GB RAM
    500GB SAS HDD

edited March 2016

okay 12GB Ram though? not sure about that though since I have always found servers with at least 32gb of ram or 16gb of ram from ovh delimiter and everyone else
    though does the L5420 support nested virtualization?
    then again I would be migrating the master virtualizor node over to this server so it runs xen so technically I really wouldn't need nested virtualization support considering xen & virtualizor doesn't support nested virtualization so now that I think of it the L5420 would be best if I was just going to use it for the virtualizor master node.

What are the specs on the L5420?
    does it come with a dedicated kvmoip? because I looked at the lantronix kvmoip and there a little too high for just one server.
    and what chassis is it because to be honest if it is a dell or hp they usually have kvmoip/ipmi built into them though the dell usually just needs a drac card in it though.

• @timnboys said:

The L5420 specs: 

Dell Powered 2xIntel Xeon L5420 
    Quad Core 2.5ghz
    8x4GB DDR2 
    2x500GB 3.5 SATA Drives 
    Perc 6i Raid Controller 
    Dual Powered 
    iDrac Remote access

It will support nested virt, we have KVMoIP on demand we do not offer dedicated KVMoIP unless you have your own hardware for it.

• @VyprNetworks said:
    It will support nested virt, we have KVMoIP on demand we do not offer dedicated KVMoIP unless you have your own hardware for it.

okay you do know KVMoIP is the same as IPMI which is what iDrac And HP ILO is right?

• @timnboys said:
    okay you do know KVMoIP is the same as IPMI which is what iDrac And HP ILO is right?

Yes I am speaking for our KVMoIP protocol in general.

• @VyprNetworks said:
    Yes I am speaking for our KVMoIP protocol in general.

okay because if you just give me root dedicated access to iDrac that should suffice since that is what I use anyway.

Thanked by 1VyprNetworks
  • AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

dacentec does rent to own servers if that suits your needs.

• okay @VyprNetworks I will get back to you soon to get that server from you as soon as payday comes.

Thanked by 1VyprNetworks
  • You have anything for rto cheaper than dacentec or anything under 100 that can be bought and housed first month free with month to month payments?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2016

Check with Fiberhub/Versaweb.

I know @Rob_T had some L5420's in storage that he could likely let go for a dime.

Francisco

• @Nooblette said:
    You have anything for rto cheaper than dacentec or anything under 100 that can be bought and housed first month free with month to month payments?

I can work up some small 6 month RTO's such as

E5550 x2 CPU Quad Core 60GB RAM 2x300GB SSD 
    40x6=$240 for the server split into 6 month contract.
    40x6=$240 for 2U colocation monthly split into 6 month contract.
    All of this sums up to $80.00 per month RTO contract over 6 months.

In addition I have

E5645 x2 Hex Core 2.40GHz 72GB RAM 1x300GB SSD
    90x6=$540 for server split into 6 month contract.
    40x6=$240 for 2U colocation monthly split into 6 month contract.
    All of this sums up to $130.00 per month RTO contract over 6 months.

edited March 2016

really I thought you was against the person said you wouldn't do business with them? because of the "offer revoked" thread
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/73615/offer-revoked#latest
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1582466/#Comment_1582466

edited March 2016

@timnboys said:

The offer is for the general public anyone looking through this thread. I am responding to him to keep things civil because he has shown he can get quite aggressive if ignored and I do not wish to have your thread go down that highway.

• @VyprNetworks said:
    The offer is for the general public anyone looking through this thread. I am responding to him to keep things civil because he has shown he can get quote aggressive if ignored and I do not wish to have your thread go down that highway.

thank you for helping with that.

• What the fuck did I ever do to you idiots all I wanna do is buy freaking hardware I'm no different from any other person on this forum like how the hell am I different from timnboys like wtf because he is a provider or something.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Both of you keep quiet.

I'm tired of your squabbling already.

Thanked by 2VyprNetworks lazyt
  • @Nooblette said:
    What the fuck did I ever do to you idiots all I wanna do is buy freaking hardware I'm no different from any other person on this forum like how the hell am I different from timnboys like wtf because he is a provider or something.

Every day I'm more and more convinced you're ignite servers...

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @Jonchun said:

Your thoughts matter because why? Your not important lol the fuck!

• IshaqIshaq Member

Nooblette said: Your thoughts matter because why? Your not important lol the fuck!

Learn to construct a sentence before you attempt to insult others.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @Ishaq said:

ok

• @Ishaq said:
    Bye now.

I'm not gonna lie it was entertaining reading his post history and being able to see him trying to act like a long term member and quickly devolving to swearing and raging at people when no one accepted him...

Thanked by 1LyamLopez
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Isn't his profile highly valued. I'm calling @Traffic for a profile valuation

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2016

@Nooblette said:
    Your thoughts matter because why? Your not important lol the fuck!

@Ishaq said:

Hey, @Ishaq! You must admit that "Your not important lol the fuck!" at least sounds quite funny, grammar and all aside. I will probably try that sentence with everyone who gets in my way today. Maybe they bring me back to Kindergarten, the place where I clearly belong. That would be nice. They had sooo many toys there.

Thanked by 2MikePT miTgiB
  • Can you also RTO any modern day servers ? Like E3 or E5s ?
    I need 32GB RAM with at least 2 SSDs or 4 HDDs

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@timnboys if you're looking at Europe, we are Supermicro server builders. Happy to sell the server to you and then colo it. If you're interested please PM with the specs. Thanks!