Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evidence that @Traffic accepts money for shills - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evidence that @Traffic accepts money for shills

Comments

• rkd said: Do you really think his membership here is worth 200EUR to me?

I don't know, how about you tell me your other username, and I'll use all my pre-conceived notions about you (if any) to make a judgement call........... kidding.

There is maybe one thing that'd be interesting to me that I'm sure you'd share. Why did you set up this in the first place? Noticed a posting pattern?

• rkdrkd Member

ricardo said: There is maybe one thing that'd be interesting to me that I'm sure you'd share. Why did you set up this in the first place? Noticed a posting pattern?

The quadhost offer thread didn't immediately look suspicious, so I was curious as to why he (who's known for questionable tactics) would post it.

Now, I'm not saying they did pay him. But I know he's got history for sneaking in aff links or recommending providers that later go black.

So we took it upon ourselves to offer him a job, which we weren't 100% certain he would be interested in. We thought he would have immediately messaged staff about it and we'd be banned.

But no, funnily enough he wanted to continue over email (strange, isn't it, maybe he was worried messages can be seen by staff?).

So we did, and what the screenshots show is what happened.

• @rkd said:

Thank you for the exclusive entertainment.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

rkd said: strange, isn't it, maybe he was worried messages can be seen by staff?

That and the "do not PM any other members of the forum" are what pretty much seal the deal in my mind. To me this is like looking at OJ Simpson after he wrote the book that would be summarized as "I didn't kill my wife but if I did here's how I got away with it."

Like... we're all going to watch him walk free, but we all know what he did.

• rkdrkd Member

@Traffic

Let me reiterate:

rkd said: But no, funnily enough he wanted to continue over email (strange, isn't it, maybe he was worried messages can be seen by staff?).

If it was just trolling, why did you want to move the conversation to email instead of just staying on the message with us? It's not like we're the ones that suggested it?

Let's see what excuse (if any) you use to get out of this one.

• rkdrkd Member

I'm done here, @Traffic is online right now but obviously ignoring because he can't face the truth.

Bye all.

Thanked by 2lbft Riz
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@theroyalstudent said:
    Sounds like 5Tbps!!!! Or just a 100mbps Layer 7 attack?

Pfft people must really hate you for 5tbps (that would devastate my 10 GiGE router and my beautiful new firewall server colo'ed, probably fried after an attack like that)

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

I think he was the guy who pmed me to give me a free SSL cert under the condition of listening to his life problems, then got mad because I reacted surprised to this oddness.

Fucked in the head.

• @doghouch said:
    Pfft people must really hate you for 5tbps (that would devastate my 10 GiGE router and my beautiful new firewall server colo'ed)

That's gotta be premium af

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

4n0nx said: I think he was the guy who pmed me to give me a free SSL cert under the condition of listening to his life problems, then got mad because I reacted surprised to this oddness.

That is...odd.

• 10 pages and counting....
    Well, @Jarland do you really get time to spare for mxroute ?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And, still, I am still reading this while I poop. I need to install a game or something

And, still, I am still reading this while I poop. I need to install a game or something

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2016

@netomx said:

I got more popcorn if you want

Thanked by 1netomx

@doghouch said:

I dont know why people are so afraid of saying something by themselves

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Could someone explain to me why this would even be an issue IF it were true? (as the jury seems to be out on that still).

He gets paid and we get a working service should we choose to go with said host. It doesn't negatively affect a single person who has two brain cells rubbing together to research a host before going with them.

• roykemroykem Member
    edited March 2016

nvm

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:

El Cheapo doesn't like gangs!

• @roykem said:
    thanks! shame on you quadhost!

You may have missed where it was concluded that was a altered photo.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BradBrad Member

@Umcookies said:
    Could someone explain to me why this would even be an issue IF it were true? (as the jury seems to be out on that still).

He gets paid and we get a working service should we choose to go with said host. It doesn't negatively affect a single person who has two brain cells rubbing together to research a host before going with them.

It just shows he is willing to blindly endorse you if there is monetary return.

• Brad said: It just shows he is willing to blindly endorse you if there is monetary return.

Not sure how you justify the word "blindly" in there. Could you explain?

• RizRiz Member

@Ole_Juul said:
    Not sure how you justify the word "blindly" in there. Could you explain?

Traffic doesn't give a shit who he reccomends. As long as he's getting paid.

• BradBrad Member
    edited March 2016

@Ole_Juul said:

The OP initially used the profile @tnkr to engage in a conversation. That account has 0 posts. Traffic then proceeded with a request to take their conversation elsewhere (email)..why? From what I see, Traffic did not ask for any background information on the company. However, the one thing he kept bringing up was payment.

He was ready to recommend you as long as you paid him, even if he didn't know a single thing about your company. Does that clear what you were confused about?

Thanked by 2Riz Ole_Juul
  • Thanks @brad In regard to your post, I see what you mean. I did see @Traffic write somewhere that he looked at the quality of the hosts he recommends. I guess this particular one is questionable though.

• @jarland said:
    Consider this: The users who are focused on you legitimately do not care about whether @Traffic is a shill, and are literally only concerned with who would perform this sting operation against him.

The classic argumentum ad hominem (personal attack).

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Glad you picked up on that. Love you jar.

It's like a middle school classroom in here.

Thanked by 1jar
  • cociucociu Member

Riz said: Where is @cociu when you need him?

i am still alive!

Thanked by 2Riz ManofServer
  • So does anyone have a copy of the OP so those of us who are late to the show can find out what the heck this is all about?

• VPS_UnlimitedVPS_Unlimited Member
    edited March 2016

Quite the fun to browse through once but judging by the number of posts some people leave at this thread I am wondering if this is what people think of as entertainment today. If it is you have my sincerest condolences. I'd rather spend my free time doing something else than following and commenting on a thread which is going on about some "reputable" member who has just tarnished his name. What is reputation anyway? Do you honestly think it makes a guy more trustworthy than that guy you see sitting under the bridge you are crossing every morning? Sure reputation is something that gets you going and obiously doesn't come from nowhere. But then again the guy is only as long reputable and honest as he chooses to be.

I'll leave you with this:

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." - Warren Buffett

"Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." - Abraham Lincoln