Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combozo took more than 4 hours to reply to a ticket - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Combozo took more than 4 hours to reply to a ticket

13»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    elgs and all this you demand for $2.99 / mo for... 8GB of memory ? Wow.

24/7 support != 5 minutes response SLA. Pay for this, and then demand it, not the other way round.

Exactly. I feel like restating what I said above:

There's no shame in being the kind of person that needs to pay for highly available support. The shame comes in when you don't pay for it and still demand it.

• elgselgs Member

@Clouvider said:
    elgs and all this you demand for $2.99 / mo for... 8GB of memory ? Wow.

24/7 support != 5 minutes response SLA. Pay for this, and then demand it, not the other way round.

It's not 8GB, it's 512M in my case. It looks like this is a world honesty is no longer valued.

edited March 2016

@elgs said:
    honesty is no longer valued

See this is an entirely different accusation. Not provisioning instantly is likely an error, you're proposing that they actively knew that provisioning wouldn't be instant and made a conscious choice to lie to you about it.

I would say that given the number of things that can go wrong in WHMCS provisioning, the burden of proof of the "honesty" accusation lies with you, and unfortunately you didn't wait long enough to find out if you had a reasonable argument for that...so you don't have one.

• elgselgs Member

@jarland said:
    There's no shame in being the kind of person that needs to pay for highly available support. The shame comes in when you don't pay for it and still demand it.

Is it really shameful to buy a cheap thing?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

elgs said: Is it really shameful to buy a cheap thing?

Have you ever considered that perhaps you over-react just a touch at times?

Thanked by 2jar Clouvider
    edited March 2016

@elgs said:
    s it really shameful to buy a cheap thing?

Absolutely not. It's shameful to buy a cheap thing from a small business and demand that they staff their support team to match that of a much more expensive, better financed business.

Heck, many of those better financed and better staffed companies can't even meet your 4hr ticket requirement so you need to be paying well above market average. You specifically need a host with a support SLA, and you'll pay for it.

• elgselgs Member

@jarland said:
    I would say that given the number of things that can go wrong in WHMCS provisioning, the burden of proof of the "honesty" accusation lies with you, and unfortunately you didn't wait long enough to find out if you had a reasonable argument for that...so you don't have one.

No, I don't think I need to prove anything. To me they are a black box. I pay whatever they asked, and I expect whatever they promised.

• elgs said: Is it really shameful to buy a cheap thing?

Continuing to post about how you bought something cheap and it's not working is shameful

Thanked by 1jar

@elgs said:
    No, I don't think I need to prove anything. To me they are a black box. I pay whatever they asked, and I expect whatever they promised.

It's perfectly fine that you feel that way. I advise you to avoid the hosting industry, your demands are incompatible with your budget. Find a new hobby.

• elgselgs Member

@jarland said:
    Absolutely not. It's shameful to buy a cheap thing from a small business and demand that they staff their support team match that of a much more expensive, better financed business.

But that's their promise, a promise is a promise. Is there anything wrong for me to expect they fulfill their promise?

• @elgs said:

What both @jarland and @clouvider are trying to say is, if you expect premium support (less than 4 hours response times for tickets), you should NOT be dealing with budget hosts. Premium support comes at a price and that is why premium host charge little more than 48$ for 8 GB RAM VPS.

In short, you get what you pay for.

Thanked by 1jar
  • elgselgs Member
    edited March 2016

It's so weird fake promise is free, and the one serious is accused.

Thanked by 2Junkless doughmanes
  • tenperatenpera Member
    edited March 2016

@jarland how did you become Administrator ?

• elgselgs Member

@Junkless said:
    In short, you get what you pay for.

I understand that. That's correct. :)

@tenpera said:
    jarland how did you become Administrator ?

It was the prize in a crackerjack box.

Thanked by 2doughmanes Clouvider
  • @jarland you think my question was a joke?

edited March 2016

@tenpera said:
    jarland you think my question was a joke?

If it wasn't, or rather even if it was, it has no relation to this thread.

I became administrator by recommendation of the previous admin, and by working to earn the trust of Jon and Alex (the owner and sysadmin for the sites).

• elgselgs Member

Well, @jarland, I totally understand your point from your perspective. I was not arguing that how right it is to pay less and get more. I just stuck to the very one small thing if it has to drill down. I think all things are clear now. I wish you guys have a good day. :)

Thanked by 2jar Clouvider
  • DillybobDillybob Member
    edited March 2016

@raindog308 said:Right, if you want a mark of quality, only buy from WHT hosts with the Corporate Member tag.

Yes, I'm baiting @dillybob

That's why I don't like the corporate tag because of that very reason though. That stigma associated with the Corporate Title tag is fine, but only if it's regulated on the platform they deliver (WHT), but for WHT there is no regulation, you get the tag by money only. Which personally I find very unethical, but I guess it's arguable..