Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Talk configuration in interfaces - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Talk configuration in interfaces

2»

Comments

• StealthyHostingStealthyHosting Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2016

Mask the first 2 octets and show the end IPs. As stated before your netmask is for sure wrong. What is the subnet? A /30? Should be 255.255.255.252 if so.

Also what do you have for:

ifconfig

route -n

• d2itsmed2itsme Member
    edited March 2016

@StealthyHosting said:
    route -n

wait dude .... hahahaha... i love this

let me take a lunch .... look like i'm starving to think about this :D

edited March 2016

@d2itsme said:
    wait dude .... hahahaha... i love this

This would tell you what your working default gateway is.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited March 2016

As we've said to you we will do this for you free of charge (We should really be charging as per our terms), but you can't expect us to drop everything to fix this for you when you yourself agreed to configure the network on order.

We know it's working, there's other customers including ourselves on that node with working networking, which tells me it's certainly something you're doing wrong at an operating system level.

We publish a full knowledgebase guide to assist you too, https://virtual6.net/whmcs/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=2. This covers everything you need to know.

In regards to the VPS welcome email, we simply provide a username and password for proxmox, everything else you need is within the "Notes" section of proxmox (Gateway, Netmask, IP, Virtual Mac) we do this instead of sending all those details out in plain text as these are then saved within WHMCS. We'd rather give you a username and password in plain text so that you can then change the password leaving no link between WHMCS and Promox meaning if one gets compromised, the other is fine.

Getting frustrated and messaging me both here multiple times (Bumping messages) and on our support system won't encourage us to do it any faster I'm afraid, it's not our top priority and it's not something you're entitled to.

For the record, directly under our pricing table for VPS.

"Please be aware that our virtual servers are self managed by default, you will be responsible for installing the operating system, configuring the network and performing general system admin work. We're happy to help with these things and potentially anything else, but our standard System Admin Charge will be applied."

And also in reference to your point about Proxmox, that message about support subscription is not something you need to be worried about, it's simply that we don't subscribe to their support services. There's no conspiracy here. It doesn't affect you, just close the box.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @ratherbak3d said:

ok thank you ashley/ratherbak3d i appreciate your response and want doing something to help me. And please i need your reply once more.
    thank you

• d2itsmed2itsme Member
    edited March 2016

here is my config interfaces

ifconfig

and my route -n

• for additional info i can ping in internal only but can not when i try make pinging outside

• @ratherbak3d said:
    As we've said to you we will do this for you free of charge (We should really be charging as per our terms), but you can't expect us to drop everything to fix this for you when you yourself agreed to configure the network on order.

We know it's working, there's other customers including ourselves on that node with working networking, which tells me it's certainly something you're doing wrong at an operating system level.

We publish a full knowledgebase guide to assist you too, https://virtual6.net/whmcs/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=2. This covers everything you need to know.

In regards to the VPS welcome email, we simply provide a username and password for proxmox, everything else you need is within the "Notes" section of proxmox (Gateway, Netmask, IP, Virtual Mac) we do this instead of sending all those details out in plain text as these are then saved within WHMCS. We'd rather give you a username and password in plain text so that you can then change the password leaving no link between WHMCS and Promox meaning if one gets compromised, the other is fine.

Getting frustrated and messaging me both here multiple times (Bumping messages) and on our support system won't encourage us to do it any faster I'm afraid, it's not our top priority and it's not something you're entitled to.

For the record, directly under our pricing table for VPS.

"Please be aware that our virtual servers are self managed by default, you will be responsible for installing the operating system, configuring the network and performing general system admin work. We're happy to help with these things and potentially anything else, but our standard System Admin Charge will be applied."

And also in reference to your point about Proxmox, that message about support subscription is not something you need to be worried about, it's simply that we don't subscribe to their support services. There's no conspiracy here. It doesn't affect you, just close the box.

what keyboard you install to me???
    it's adding up my head pain -_-

• @louis_lou,,, do you wanna join???

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@d2itsme I was about to help you. Decided against it after reading you violent outburst on another member here.

Good luck and have a nice day ;-).

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • @clouvider thank you for attention , you know it's hard to be me in my position at now.

• which dc?

Thanked by 1d2itsme
  • @century1stop said:
    which dc?

canada

• well, certain network setups are dc dependent just Canada don't tell me anything. good day.

edited March 2016

Your gateway and your IP are the same.

Your config would most likely be (Your host should be able to tell you this if not):

Gateway: .85

IPaddr: .86

Broadcast: .87

netmask: 255.255.255.252

Once set, confirm the default gateway (UG under route -n) is correct and see if you can ping .85. If you can ping the gateway then you can most likely reach the rest of the internet.

Thanked by 1d2itsme
  • @StealthyHosting said:
    Your gateway and your IP are the same.

Your config would most likely be (Your host should be able to tell you this if not):

Gateway: .85

IPaddr: .86

Broadcast: .87

netmask: 255.255.255.252

Once set, confirm the default gateway (UG under route -n) is correct and see if you can ping .85. If you can ping the gateway then you can most likely reach the rest of the internet.

>
    I don't know i have done as your instructions but it keep doesn't work , here is the route -n and pinging to .85

• @century1shop
    thank you.... thank you so much..... awesome it works :D

• OMG i'm so happy :D .... :D ...... goshhh.... great... cool......

• i forgot to say thank you too @StealthyHosting to correct my config ....

• any time

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited March 2016

So now we can accept it's not a problem with Virtual6 :P

@OP Glad you got it sorted. Maybe you could share the solution with others now people have helped you?

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @ratherbak3d why you generated new invoice??? meanwhile your problem my vps's gone without you give resolution should i accepted. -_-